KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Queeq's KOROVA BLUE MILK BAR

Queeq's KOROVA BLUE MILK BAR
Started by: queeq

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2850): « First ... « 2843 2844 [2845] 2846 2847 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

No way. I'm 30 also! haha

And I agree about the hype machine. I'm still looking forward to it but not like I used to. I feel like The Last Jedi gave us little to get excited about for Episode 9....and the use of Mark, Carrie and Harrison could have been so much better in my opinion. Episode 8 ends in such a way that Episode 9 could really be whatever movie it wants to be, but there is nothing to grasp onto in my opinion, nothing that leaves you counting down and wanting to see what happens next.

I like George.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2018 11:13 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Have a great Christmas all!

I like George.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2018 01:08 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sith Master X
No way. I'm 30 also! haha

And I agree about the hype machine. I'm still looking forward to it but not like I used to. I feel like The Last Jedi gave us little to get excited about for Episode 9....and the use of Mark, Carrie and Harrison could have been so much better in my opinion. Episode 8 ends in such a way that Episode 9 could really be whatever movie it wants to be, but there is nothing to grasp onto in my opinion, nothing that leaves you counting down and wanting to see what happens next.

The whole ST isn't even a trilogy....it's just a disconnected mess and the fact that Ep 9 takes place a whole year later doesn't do any favors, this makes the whole 'trilogy' take place a year and a couple of days....that doesn't sound right.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2018 01:13 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

When you put it that way, I completely agree. It's odd.

I like George.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2018 04:17 AM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Happy New Year all!

I like George.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2019 08:16 PM
OB1-adobe

hello everyone, I do not know if any of you remember me from the prequel days, but I remember some of you. I guess I have not been on here since March 2014. I cannot believe I guessed my password on the first try.
I hope everyone is doing well and in good health.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2019 05:16 AM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Wow! Great to see you man! How you been?

I like George.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2019 11:50 PM
OB1-adobe

Originally posted by Sith Master X
Wow! Great to see you man! How you been?

Hey SMX, I'm doing well. I think the last time I was here in March of 2004, which if memory serves was when that famous black white table read photo of the force awakens cast was released. I'm guessing I came here to chat since there was something finally to chat about, and there was no activity. So I guess I put this place out of mind. The other by chance I googled KMC, and to my surprise this place it's still up and running. It also looks exactly the same as it did when I first registered 15 years ago, which is fascinating and pathetic at the same time. These emojis are sooooo old! I feel like I should be browsing this site on a PC running windows XP or something.

Mostly I'm surprised to see a lot you cats still hanging out here. So here I am. I will be dropping by when there are things to chat about. With the episode IX coming up I guess I got nostalgic of the Revenge of the Sith days and how it was the end of an era. Most of my current SW correspondence has been over at Starwarsnewsnet using my Disqus account commenting on the articles. I have the same user name there as well.

... and to comment on the above topic, a year gap in between VIII & IX is no more weird than a 10 year gap in between I & II

Last edited by OB1-adobe on Jan 19th, 2019 at 04:54 PM

Old Post Jan 19th, 2019 04:52 PM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Yeah, there honestly isn't much activity here at all anymore, save for the limited few of us that just pop in from time to time. When Episode 9 comes out, I recon it'll bring back some other old timers who visit to discuss the movie. For about 2 weeks there is some decent discussion, and people you haven't seen since the last movie came out come back, but shortly thereafter it drops off entirely again.

I miss the old days here, no doubt. I joined here at the hype of Episode III. I don't ever watch ROTS without thinking of this place. It's synonymous. I still can't believe that was almost 14 years ago.

I like George.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 03:17 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

14 years before that, the USSR dissolved. Perspective and shit.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 10:34 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

14 year before that, 'star wars' was released

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2019 02:00 AM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

It was also the last year someone was executed via guillotine in France.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2019 12:18 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i'm scared to go back further.

*edit* too late. kennedy assassination 14 years previous

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Feb 1st, 2019 at 01:46 AM

Old Post Feb 1st, 2019 01:44 AM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cornponious
Kuntrious Kokious Maximus

I joined in 2004 when I was 33. I’m 48 now. :-|

I, too, miss those days. This place was hyper active. So many users. So much great discussion. Anybody remember the FTP site I had that got taken down by LFL? Good times.

I also remember a user called Ken Benobi who just disappeared. Some people were worried he died. I often wonder what happened to him.

Originally posted by Stun
Just to make you all feel old, i joined kmc when i was 16 and now i'm 30. But enough of nostalgia it's time to talk movies again! Only problem is the hype machine went down on our beloved franchise. I am looking forward to episode 9 but I'm more interested in the new trilogy the game of throne writers are working on. I enjoyed rogue one and solo, but the new trilogy is directionless.

The Moto Dork

Old Post Feb 4th, 2019 03:30 PM
Click here to Send cornponious a Private Message Find more posts by cornponious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I remember Ken Benobi! You're right. He vanished and a bunch of us got worried.

But yes, there was so much activity back then that it's unfortunate this place isn't active like it used to be. So much has changed and evolved. Social media didn't exist back when this place was booming.

So long ago, yet it feels like only yesterday. Gives you a bit of perspective on how quickly life passes you by.

I like George.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2019 09:55 PM
cornponious
Kuntrious Kokious Maximus

I guess what is most surprising is that no one has created a forum for the new Star Wars films.

The Moto Dork

Old Post Feb 5th, 2019 07:45 AM
Click here to Send cornponious a Private Message Find more posts by cornponious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

raz has become the deadbeat dad of the forums. he left years ago saying "brb gotta go buy a pack of cigarettes",
finally came back a few months ago, modded some people, then said he had to go buy a pack of cigarettes.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2019 12:02 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by cornponious
I guess what is most surprising is that no one has created a forum for the new Star Wars films.
Raz has been promising to make new SW forums to properly accommodate the new material for years now. Doubt it'll ever happen, tbh.

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
raz has become the deadbeat dad of the forums. he left years ago saying "brb gotta go buy a pack of cigarettes",
finally came back a few months ago, modded some people, then said he had to go buy a pack of cigarettes.
Pretty much.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 6th, 2019 at 02:15 AM

Old Post Feb 6th, 2019 02:11 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

you didn't even get a moderator tag. are you a global?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2019 02:42 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Nope, I'm just a forum mod in the anime, SW, and comic book sections.

I might get a mod tag when Raz makes his next tri-annual visit, but I'm not holding my breath... In skimming through some of the old posts in the mod lounge, it looks like Raz almost always forgets to give new mods a mod tag, so whatevs.

But I don't really mind not having a tag, tbh. I prefer rolling incognito. ninja

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 21st, 2019 at 06:43 PM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2019 01:57 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote