KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Terminator Picture Thread

Terminator Picture Thread
Started by: TheFilmProphet

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Yeah I didnt think End of Days was that bad. Cheesy sure, but which Arnie flick isnt?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 11:50 PM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 06:07 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chriscaffee

I have the second issue of that comic I think. All that happens is some guy gets kidnapped and used as the template look for a T1000 that is set back in time in T2. At the same time, Kyle Reese was on patrol (against orders) and came under fire, though he was recovered. Then in a plan to infiltrate SkyNet's defense grid, Connor has a reprogrammed endoskeleton do something and sends a patrol of resistance fighters to protect it from other, unaware resistance fighters. They kill their own and at the very end of the comic it shows several endos walking back with the resistance wondering which one is theirs.

I would have liked to seen the conclusion.

Also I have issue 0 and 4 of the Dark Horse comics Terminator mini-series that was released a few years back.

---SPOILERS

The plot is that this Private Eye type is tracking down a rich senator's daughter that is hanging out with Satan worshippers in the desert. At the same time two Terminators (both T800s) - one male, and one female - are sent back in time to the same desert to kill John Connor. Since I only have the beginning and finale, I missed a lot but basically the Terminators mistake a different Sarah who also has a son John for their targets. They track them down and the Private Eye guy basically protects them. Throughout the series for some reason the male Terminator becomes self-aware and ultimately decides not to kill the Private Eye. The female Terminator tries to kill Sarah, but it's malfunctioning so much that it only knocks her unconcious. Both Termiantor's are whiped out by some dynamite that the Private Eye guy dropped when he was wounded. They die just as the female Terminator (now just an endoskeleton) reads the PIs journal that basically says that Sarah is not Sarah Connor.

---/SPOILERS

Anyway, if you have the means of picking up the series I can recommend it. The art (at least in the last issue) is very good and the story arc itself is better then T3, if only because it's original and not a rehash of Terminator 1 and 2.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 03:53 AM
chriscaffee is currently offline Click here to Send chriscaffee a Private Message Find more posts by chriscaffee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

A very good and detailed summary chris, I have a few of those issues but I'm missing more than half of them. I'll have to start stacking up on my Terminator comics and books soon.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 06:07 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 06:07 PM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

That shot up there of the war unfolding is just awesome.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 07:04 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 07:38 PM
Praylu

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 07:38 PM
chriscaffee

I have that T2 Infilitrator book. It's pretty good, but I seem to have lost it. I'm looking for it so I can read it again.

Here is another comparison of T1-T3. This time it's Termovision.

In Terminator 1, the Terminator's "crosshair" is pretty big and takes up a larg portion of his vision.

(please log in to view the image)

In Terminator 2, it is much smaller.

This is another T2 shot of the Terminator's power relays while he is booting up. It's a pretty cool looking shot and details some of the Terminator's systems and whatnot.

In Terminator 3 the crosshair is non-existent. Whether this was on purpose due to the nature of the scenes depicted in Termovision or whether it is just due to negligence is up for anyone's guess, but it's just one more aspect that distances T3 from the old skool pictures.

First we have the pic that makes no sense, unless Terminator is crawling next to a police car in this shot.

And we have the spoof off T2 where Terminator identifies the correct clothing to aid in his infiltration.

And of course no Termovision comparison would be complete without a POV from the T-X. Here are a couple of shots of how this murderous madam sees the world:

The T-X can scan DNA via her tounge. One has to wonder if her entire body is covered in mimetic polyalloy, why does she need to scan with her tounge? Could she not just touch it and scan it ala the T-1000?

Oh darn my gun done broke. Oh well let's get a new one out of the several hundred that I can fit in my one arm.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 08:58 PM
chriscaffee is currently offline Click here to Send chriscaffee a Private Message Find more posts by chriscaffee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

Great captures chris, I had thought about maybe doing something like this before but I forgot all about it.

I didn't catch T2:3D but I'm assuming it must have had a Terminator vision shot at some point in the movie. It would be nice to throw in one those shots so we could have a complete comparision from each film.

As for TX and her method of scanning DNA, it was merely placed there in order to incorporate how "hot" she was or how "hot" they wanted her too seem to the viewers/audiences. Very unnecessary though, sacrificing part of the story of T3 for something so senseless.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 09:50 PM
chriscaffee

They tried to sell her sexuality all right, but they really didn't do it as much as I thought they would. Just three scenes really. That said, Arnold certainly played to the camera as well:

His was just bad arse which fits well with the Terminator series.

Last edited by chriscaffee on Jul 23rd, 2005 at 12:23 AM

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 12:21 AM
Praylu

I agree, and nice gif by the way. Btw, why don't you have a sig or avatar?

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 12:47 AM
Praylu

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 12:54 AM
Praylu

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 12:55 AM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Chris > I think the T1 POV shots actually are better than T2, for some reason they look more 'raw' and not so 'hollywoodised' if you see what i'm saying. For some reason theyre more menacing and in a sense more machine like. The images it sees are fuzzy to the human eye, but thats because its made for the Terminator's interpretation only.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 01:49 AM
chriscaffee

I was going to use that gif as my sig, but it's a bit too big - barely, but still too big.

Yeah I agree with you slightly. It does look a bit more raw. That's because they used actual machine code in T1 because, well, they couldn't really use anything else at the time. In T2 with an actual budget and almost a decade of special effects advancement they could make the Terminator's vision more "high tech" I guess.

I do like how you can read some of the code, like when the Terminator IDs the vehicles outside the biker bar and I also like the photorecognition with John Connor on the dirt bike, and the smile and SWAT team analysis were both pretty good.

Aside from the "F*** you a**hole" scene, the Terminator vision shots in the first movie were sort of generic and not very interesting. I mean it's just a shot of the Terminator chasing Kyle and Sarah. In T2 all the shots of the Termovision (or at least most) sort of explain things that couldn't be explained any other way: how the Terminator chooses his clothes and ride, how he is able to come back to life after being stabbed and such.

I think cinematically they work better, but I do agree that stylistically the T1 version fits more with the character.

---

On the note of those comics, I think the Endoskeleton versus the cops is particularly humorous. If the endo really did just get it's flesh burned off (I'm going by the fire in the background here) then it should be extremely hot, so it should be burning that male cops skin just grabbing him like that. That and his hand where he is holding the Terminator's arm.

And how did he get the battle rifle into present day? I read somewhere that in some Terminator comics they would stick weapons in like a "skin bag" and send it back in time so they could have futuristic weapons in the past. (Which seems pretty pointless for a Terminator, I mean plasma and bullets are about equally effective against people, it's the bullets that don't work agains the Terminators and the plasma would be more handy for say Reese. I mean if Reese had access to a plasma rifle the movie would have been over in Tech-Noir.)

/Wall 'o Text smile

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 04:18 AM
Praylu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by chriscaffee
On the note of those comics, I think the Endoskeleton versus the cops is particularly humorous. If the endo really did just get it's flesh burned off (I'm going by the fire in the background here) then it should be extremely hot, so it should be burning that male cops skin just grabbing him like that. That and his hand where he is holding the Terminator's arm.

And how did he get the battle rifle into present day? I read somewhere that in some Terminator comics they would stick weapons in like a "skin bag" and send it back in time so they could have futuristic weapons in the past. (Which seems pretty pointless for a Terminator, I mean plasma and bullets are about equally effective against people, it's the bullets that don't work agains the Terminators and the plasma would be more handy for say Reese. I mean if Reese had access to a plasma rifle the movie would have been over in Tech-Noir.)

/Wall 'o Text smile

True, those officers would obviously be horribly burnt after being held so tightly (even if it wasn't tightly) and would be dead within minutes from the immense pain suffered. Although I'm not totally sure that the Terminator had just exited the flames because quite honestly I have yet to read that issue myself.

Transporting weapons through "skin bags" would be rather pointless, since humans in present day are nearly defenseless against Terminators as it is. I'm almost sure those weapons were merely added to give the Terminators more attractive comic book covers and bring more attention from possible customers.

Also, I think that Terminator gif was bigger than you realized since its currently 491 KBs and it needs to be no larger than 30 KBs before it can be used as a signature. I tried to make it smaller by cutting frames, but I could only get it down to 181 KBs without making it completely motionless.

Last edited by Praylu on Jul 23rd, 2005 at 04:52 AM

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 04:50 AM
chriscaffee

I guess you're right. It may have been another forum I tried it at then, or I'm just brain-dead. Who knows. Anyway, this is Terminator Picture Thread so I should probably conjure up some image to go along with this post.

How about one of the most important images in the series. Unfortunately only show briefly in T2 and omitted completely from T3.

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for your courage through the dark years. I can't help you with what you must soon face except to say the future's not set. You must be stronger then you imagine you can be. You must survive or I can not exist.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 12:13 AM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

That very image is what linked T1 onto T2, it was critical really.

It just goes to show how incoherant the T3 plot is, I cant see it fitting anywhere really.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 12:45 AM
chriscaffee

The only thing that really links T3 with the previous films is Silberman, but that scene is unfortunately too short. In T2 you had plenty of allusions to the first movie:

"These were taken from a video surveilliance camera at the West Highland police station in 1984. He killed seventeen officers that night. Men with families.

These were taken in a mall in Raceda. Today."

...And then later...

"The chip. Do they know about the chip?"

What?

"From the one like him."

The CPU from the first Terminator.

/Son of a *****; I knew it./

"They told us not to ask where it came from. The stuff was scary, radically advanced. I mean it was smashed it didn't work, but it took us in new directions, things we would have never thought-- All my work was based on it."

And later still...

"I think it's the guy from the mall."

It is the guy from the mall!

"Yeah it's him, and the woman. Look just send everything you got in the area right now!"

I mean it would have been nice if at least one person (other then Silberman) would have recognized the Terminator as the terrorist that single-handidly whiped out a police station and then later took on a SWAT team and destroyed the Cyberdyne lab. I mean you think there would be huge news stories about the completely overt killer that somehow manages to disappear for decades at a time before rising again to do some more damage.

Just little things like that could have made T3 an infinitely better movie.

Last edited by chriscaffee on Jul 24th, 2005 at 04:02 AM

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 03:59 AM