KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Terminator Picture Thread

Terminator Picture Thread
Started by: TheFilmProphet

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 01:26 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chriscaffee

I have to be honest. I'm not really impressed with the Robert Patrick/T1000, but the T-850 Terminator looks awesome. It's too bad they had to take three seperate scenes from the movie and combine them into one, as in like, it's too bad there was no ONE scene that was that bad, by which I mean good. I'll see if I can get some more pics...

I love this shot. The sparks really make it.

(please log in to view the image)

Nice shot of the T1000 with all the molten steel and sparks reflecting off his quicksilver skin.

The best for last. This scene is still one of the greatest shoot outs in the history of movies. It has the awesome factor, and it isn't over the top. (The only errors are the useage of incorrect sound effects at times - sometimes it makes assault rifle noises when he is actually shooting his shotgun -, and Arnold shoots too many rounds with the Assault Rifle, though he only fires eight shots with the shotty, exactly how many his weapon could hold!)

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 04:34 AM
chriscaffee is currently offline Click here to Send chriscaffee a Private Message Find more posts by chriscaffee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 02:52 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chriscaffee

More images with more analysis. This time it's endoskeletons. The T800/850-type endoskeleton appears in all three movies (albiet only briefly in the sequals).

Terminator used a combination of stop-motion miniatures, full-size poseable models and an articulated upper-torso puppet that was worn by a crew member.

In this shot we can see the stop-motion Terminator model. Note the solid feel of the Terminator itself. There is something wrong with the image and you can tell it's "fake." This is because composite imaging back then was not as good as today. With computers today a stop-motion miniature is indistinguishable from what the real thing should look like (see the aliens in ID4).

All the same techniques used in the first movie were used in T2 to slightly better effect. The endos here were well articulated and fairly believable. The only break through in computer effects were used with the T1000.

I like this shot in particular. Ideally I would like a high-res image of a full endoskeleton, but this is good enough. Of particular interest is the detail of the legs, pelvis and gut which are rarely seen in the first movie, since the puppet was the upper torso only.

Terminator 3 only briefly reveals the endos in what appears to be an entirely CG future war sequence. This is a mistake in my opinion. Missing are the resistance fighters, the HK tanks, and the battle scenes from the previous two. Instead we have Terminators using British-style Revolutionary War tactics, essentially marching in a straight line, hoping their guns kill all the humans. The CG also isn't good enough yet. It's getting there, but the Terminator's just don't feel solid.

My suggestion? T3 should have used a stop-motion miniature and taken advantage of the computer in making a really excellent composite image. IMO, that would yeild the most realistic results, possibly less costly as well since they could obtain the same stop-motion figures from the first two movies.

Here is an image from T3 of the endos in action.

The final verdict? Terminator 2: Judgment Day had the most believable endoskeletons. The original Terminator is a second, and sorry, but T3: Rise of the Machines is dead last. The computer affects on Arnold and Kristanna were fantastic, so one has to wonder why they look so bad on the endos.

Last edited by chriscaffee on Sep 15th, 2005 at 03:14 AM

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 03:11 AM
chriscaffee is currently offline Click here to Send chriscaffee a Private Message Find more posts by chriscaffee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

Very nice screen grabs chris, ultimately I suppose those involved with T3 were so caught up with the idea of using CGI on another Terminator film that they forget when and where it was necessary to use it. I could easily see both CGI (background, HK's, etc.) and models similar to the ones used in T2 being utilized for the opening sequence of T3.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 07:14 PM
chriscaffee

"I sense injuries, the data could be called pain."

And Reese:

And "Austin:"

And "Hastings:"

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 06:23 AM
terminatorus
two posts yet!

laughing

Attachment: pdvd_008.jpg
This has been downloaded 108 time(s).

Old Post Oct 5th, 2005 11:03 PM
terminatorus is currently offline Click here to Send terminatorus a Private Message Find more posts by terminatorus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
terminatorus
two posts yet!

more zippo's u can found using search system hehe stick out tongue

Attachment: 05t3s1q.jpg
This has been downloaded 103 time(s).

Old Post Oct 5th, 2005 11:06 PM
terminatorus is currently offline Click here to Send terminatorus a Private Message Find more posts by terminatorus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by terminatorus
laughing

laughing

Welcome to the Terminator forum terminatorus!

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 01:45 AM
chriscaffee

This topic must never end.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 02:07 AM
chriscaffee

Terminator demonstrates that even something as mundane as turning off the lights can be done in a badass manner.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 04:51 AM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Those T1 shots were awesome, some of those action scenes are somewhat underrated, understadably with the awesome T2 ones, but those at the time were primo.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 10:18 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chriscaffee

I like the action scenes in T1 the best just because they are more grounded in reality. Arnold's handling of the weapons in the first movie is about spot on. In T2 he plays to the camera a lot, not that there is anything wrong with that, so it's just a different style. It's also a bit more interesting because in the first one he has no problem killing people so he isn't just futily shooting at a bullet proof Terminator or blowing up police cars.

Here is a pretty cool shot from the first movie that I took on accident and decided to keep.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 03:48 PM
Praylu

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 02:34 AM
chriscaffee

Nice pics there Prophet. Anything T2-3D is good. (Though I see it as an even more illogical diversion from the series then T3) The T-70s however are so awesome. Those are REAL prototype Terminators. They should have made a cameo appearance in T3.

Anyway, I found a Japanese website that had some high-res images of various Terminator models. The endoskeletons were the most interesting, particularly the T-X which is hard to find full-body shots for.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2005 04:06 AM
terminatorus
two posts yet!

wink nice fotos ^

here - my lovely! smile

Attachment: te.jpg
This has been downloaded 74 time(s).

Old Post Oct 12th, 2005 03:39 PM
terminatorus
two posts yet!

more

Attachment: terr.jpg
This has been downloaded 80 time(s).

Old Post Oct 12th, 2005 03:41 PM
terminatorus
two posts yet!

eek! it on my worktable

Attachment: terrr.jpg
This has been downloaded 78 time(s).

Old Post Oct 12th, 2005 03:45 PM
chriscaffee

Some things never change.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 07:01 PM
barand1

lol cooooooool

love those pics of Arnold

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 10:44 PM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote