KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » proteus VS maggy

proteus VS maggy
Started by: Filipp

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Filipp

proteus VS maggy

i fink proteus

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 04:40 PM
Filipp is currently offline Click here to Send Filipp a Private Message Find more posts by Filipp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

Who is "Maggy"? If you're referring to Magneto, I've gotta go with him. Reality warpers, like magic users are always a pain to have fight debates about, because you can pretty much argue that they can do *anything*, which isn't exactly fair. But in this case, Proteus has a very specific weakness to metal. And fortuntely for Magneto, he just so happens to control metal....

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 04:44 PM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
radioboy121

With his abilities, Proteus should more often win. He was defeated by Colossus when he tried to take over his body not realizing he had an armored form also. I do not know Proteus' range, but it was enough to knock down Storm who was hoving in the air. However, he could have been far stronger than what was shown in his short appearances if he was given a little more outside experience.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 04:58 PM
radioboy121 is currently offline Click here to Send radioboy121 a Private Message Find more posts by radioboy121 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Filipp

exactly proteus can click his fingers and your out!! or he could just defend himself untill the time is right...

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 05:05 PM
Filipp is currently offline Click here to Send Filipp a Private Message Find more posts by Filipp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

Except Proteus is an idiot and somewhat crazy. While he's running around warping stuff this way and that way, Magneto (though some pain, I admit), just hurls chunks of metal at Proteus, killing him instantly. Or, to get creative, he gathers ferrous particles out of the air INSIDE of Proteus and kills him from the inside out.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 06:28 PM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
radioboy121

Proteus was somewhat crazy, but why is he classified as an idiot?

When Proteus was shot at by Moira or attacked by Wolverine, his focus was on other things. If Magneto is at his attention, then it would be difficult to get things close to him. He can manipulate the ground as a shield, have the metal debris fling elsewhere, or even turn it into something else. He'll really need to be caught off guard and a lot of metal hit him.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 07:29 PM
radioboy121 is currently offline Click here to Send radioboy121 a Private Message Find more posts by radioboy121 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Proteus can warp reality, and his power is limitless.He can just manipulate buildings around Magneto into giant building monsters, and shut down the magnetic control of Magneto on the buildings letting them shattering poor Erik on the ground.He's out of Maggy's league, he's probably the strongest mutant on Earth

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 07:35 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

quote:
Originally posted by K3VIL
Proteus can warp reality, and his power is limitless.

I don't think his power is limitless. He constantly has to inhabit a host body, or else he falls apart.
quote:
He can just manipulate buildings around Magneto into giant building monsters, and shut down the magnetic control of Magneto on the buildings letting them shattering poor Erik on the ground.

I don't know if Proteus is on the same level as Magneto, but Proteus has this extremely "disorientating" power, which will freak Magneto - or anybody else - out.

Proteus has a good chance of winning.

Btw, which Proteus are we talking about, the old one who "died" at Edingburgh or the new, stronger version ? I discussed the old one because he's more interesting imo.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 07:43 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

That's exactly the problem. Proteus is A LOT more powerful than Magneto, but Proteus has trouble doing too many things at once. And despite his immense power, Proteus isn't particularly impressive at using it. He's very inefficient. You never see him just snap people out of existence, or just auto-kill them or anything that he *should* be able to do easily. Magneto can keep him occupied with a frontal assault while preparing the real attack from another direction entirely. One metal beal impaling later, and Proteus is out.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 07:46 PM
radioboy121

He didn't snap the X-Men out of existence as they weren't meant to be destroyed. He encased Storm in amber, he metamorphed Moira, etc., but not will out. Most of his role when he was first displayed was usually offensive anyway.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 07:52 PM
Molecule man

As much as i like Magneto i have to say that Proteus will destroy Mags. But anyway his power is not limitless

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 07:58 PM
Molecule man is currently offline Click here to Send Molecule man a Private Message Find more posts by Molecule man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Filipp

but if he has limitless power couldent he just turn mag inside out

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 09:03 PM