KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Good books

Good books
Started by: Cosmic_Beings

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Filmmaker451
the spirit within

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Trickster
It was a pretty good book...

How did you think it was about baseball?!

The CATCHER in the rye... Now understand? smile

--------------------

I'd recommend you get philosophical and check out the htichhiker series. Or if your in the mood for a good mystery thriller then the da vinci code and it's prelude, angels & demons are very good books. And about comics I never really read any but i saw some reviewes on amazon and many tend to like sin city, batman, v for vendetta, watchmen and swamp thing. They also like the dark tower series if you like stephen king cool

The saga is complete! Buy the beginning of the end trilogy in stores today

Old Post Apr 16th, 2005 07:32 PM
Filmmaker451 is currently offline Click here to Send Filmmaker451 a Private Message Find more posts by Filmmaker451 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Wow, that has gotta be one of the worst assumptions ever

Old Post May 4th, 2005 07:12 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A Fantástica

"Le Mille et Une Nuits" - Antoine Galland... is the best book i have ever bought...you should try!

Old Post May 4th, 2005 10:50 PM
A Fantástica is currently offline Click here to Send A Fantástica a Private Message Find more posts by A Fantástica Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
knight
AFL1-3603

(please log in to view the image)
DAVE DAVIES - KiNK An Autobiography

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 10th, 2005 08:09 AM
knight is currently offline Click here to Send knight a Private Message Find more posts by knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Terry Goodkind - Sword of Truth series, especially the first three
Robert Jordan - Wheel of Time series, though I got bored after book 7
Peter F Hamilton - Naked God trilogy
Vernor Vinge - Absolutely anything
Neil Gaiman - Everything, especially Sandman series
Roger Zelazny - Anything, especially Amber series
David Gemmell - This man is the best living British author of fantasy. I kid you not. I have read almost everything he has written to pieces
David Eddings - All his series
Orson Scott Card - Ender series and Alvin Maker
Stephen King - Dark Tower series
Frank Herbert - Dune series
Stephen Donaldson - Thomas Covenant series
Terry Prattchett - Duh!

And that's just my fantasy selection I can think of right now. . .

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 08:05 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zmckee

I recommend Dan Brown books. THe Da Vinci Code, Angels and demons, Digital fortress, or deception point.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 02:51 AM
zmckee is currently offline Click here to Send zmckee a Private Message Find more posts by zmckee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
orlandoOYEA
Since When?

The Lovely Bones...good book.

made by cinemaddiction

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 11:15 PM
orlandoOYEA is currently offline Click here to Send orlandoOYEA a Private Message Find more posts by orlandoOYEA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

I really enjoy Michail Crichton's books

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 04:35 PM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
idowhatiamtold

top rated books

I am looking for a good new book. I have heard of some books that are top rated: A New Earth and Love In The Time Of Cholera but I have not picked them up. Any reviews on these two or any other books I should get?

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 06:50 PM
idowhatiamtold is currently offline Click here to Send idowhatiamtold a Private Message Find more posts by idowhatiamtold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

'Bating for Dummies is a great read on the sh!tter.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 07:06 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 07:14 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

screwtape letters

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 03:22 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kinneary
Ex scientia tridens

Stephen King's It.

In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the Anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England 's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during an interview. When asked by one of his Parliament members why he believes so much in America , he said:

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out."

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 03:40 AM
Kinneary is currently offline Click here to Send Kinneary a Private Message Find more posts by Kinneary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
brightlights

If you want good novels then you should choose Jodi Picoult, I have read a lot of good books by her such as The Pact, My Sister's Keeper, and The 10th Circle. Also the 10th Circle is coming out as a movie on Lifetime very soon. Im excited for that because it was a great book!

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 07:22 PM
brightlights is currently offline Click here to Send brightlights a Private Message Find more posts by brightlights Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
brightlights

I’ve heard really good things about Jodi Picoult but haven't read any of her books yet

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2008 09:27 PM
brightlights is currently offline Click here to Send brightlights a Private Message Find more posts by brightlights Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
justdecent

I actually read a few Jodi books and loved them, does anyone know any specifics about the 10th circle movie coming out?

Old Post Jun 26th, 2008 06:02 PM
justdecent is currently offline Click here to Send justdecent a Private Message Find more posts by justdecent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigloss75

quote: (post)
Originally posted by justdecent
I actually read a few Jodi books and loved them, does anyone know any specifics about the 10th circle movie coming out?

Even the title of it makes you relaly think. i'm hoping the movie lives up to the book. i'm going to be camping all weekend (which i'm so excited about!!!) so i'm going to tape it. Saturday night at 9!!

Old Post Jun 27th, 2008 09:42 PM
bigloss75 is currently offline Click here to Send bigloss75 a Private Message Find more posts by bigloss75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GrillingNemo

I was out camping as well this weekend! Unfortunately my tivo didn't work so now I have to rely on catching a re-run!

Old Post Jun 30th, 2008 04:10 PM
GrillingNemo is currently offline Click here to Send GrillingNemo a Private Message Find more posts by GrillingNemo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Please, PLEASE read Ender's Game. It should be required reading to live past the 18th birthday.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2008 03:48 AM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote