KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Heaven's "Hierarchy"

Heaven's "Hierarchy"
Started by: DarkCrawler

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Heaven's "Hierarchy"

Okay, here is how I imagine it. Of course, I don't know if there even is God and if there is, does heaven have hierarchy but here is it:

1. God
2. Archangel Michael (First being ever created, leader of the army of Heaven.)
3. Jesus (?)
4. Various angels after this, perhaps Gabriel or somebody else.
10. St. Peter (Holds the keys to the gate of heaven)

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 05:12 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Jesus and the Holy ghost, should be, according to the chrisitans, nr 2 and 3

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 05:16 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

^ Not all Christians..some believe they all exist as one entity, like for an example and egg has 3 parts..the shell, the white, and the yoke.

So it would be:

God (all 3) or
Jesus
holy spirit
(not sure on the order of Jesus and the HS)
archangels, which includes Gabriel
other angels
fallen angels - which all act in the invisible principalities and powers that are all around us.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 06:13 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

hmm aint jesus suppose to sit by gods right hand

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 06:19 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

He's the image of the invisible god. Who knows what "sitting by Gods right hand." actually means. It might not mean He's actually sitting down.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 06:23 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

Re: Heaven's "Hierarchy"

quote:
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Okay, here is how I imagine it. Of course, I don't know if there even is God and if there is, does heaven have hierarchy but here is it:

1. God
2. Archangel Michael (First being ever created, leader of the army of Heaven.)
3. Jesus (?)
4. Various angels after this, perhaps Gabriel or somebody else.
10. St. Peter (Holds the keys to the gate of heaven)

Do you really how the Bible controdicts itself. Archangel Michael was the first being ever created? He's never mentioned in the book of Genesis when God created everything in 6 days. Adam is said to be the first being created. Weird, eh?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 06:33 PM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Maybe Adam and this universe was just the latest things created. I believe He's been up to something before we came along. And probably after too..

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 08:13 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Re: Re: Heaven's "Hierarchy"

quote:
Originally posted by Reborn Again
Do you really how the Bible controdicts itself. Archangel Michael was the first being ever created? He's never mentioned in the book of Genesis when God created everything in 6 days. Adam is said to be the first being created. Weird, eh?

Well, actually, the animals were the first.

And didn't there were an angel who drove them away from Eden?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 09:22 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
clickclick

Re: Re: Heaven's "Hierarchy"

quote:
Originally posted by Reborn Again

Adam was the first man created and where in the bible does it say the order in which angels were created?

Old Post Mar 6th, 2005 03:46 AM
clickclick is currently offline Click here to Send clickclick a Private Message Find more posts by clickclick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
clickclick

Re: Re: Re: Heaven's "Hierarchy"

quote:
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Well, actually, the animals were the first.

And didn't there were an angel who drove them away from Eden?

As far as I know, all angels were created at the same time and it was before earth or man was created.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2005 03:47 AM
clickclick is currently offline Click here to Send clickclick a Private Message Find more posts by clickclick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

quote:

Archangel Michael is referred to as the greatest of all angels in writings throughout the world, including Jewish, Christian and Islamic..

Well, by this I just thought that he was the first Angel created. Maybe I am wrong.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2005 12:58 PM
big gay kirk

(this is from memory, so I may be slightly wrong...)

God
Seraphim, Cherubim, Thrones (the First Circle..)
Dominions, Powers, Virtues (the Second Circle...)
Principalities, Archangels, Angels (the Third Circle..)

depending on whether or not you are a Trinitarian, Jesus and the Holy Spirit rank equal with God or just below.... these listings are those decided upon by the Pseudo-Areopagite in "Hierarchica Celesti," and are based, if I remember correctly, on readings of the Old Testament and Colossians 1:16....

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 10:50 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Burger
Restricted

Account Restricted

How about:

God
Angels (Lead by Gabriel)
Jesus Christ
Galactus

?

Old Post Mar 8th, 2005 08:50 PM
King Burger is currently offline Click here to Send King Burger a Private Message Find more posts by King Burger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by debbiejo
He's the image of the invisible god. Who knows what "sitting by Gods right hand." actually means. It might not mean He's actually sitting down.

Who knows what any of it means. The bible was originally written in ancient hebrew (which hardly anything is known about) into arabic, greek, latin, back and forth through so many languages that the meanings and stories probabley have changed hundreds of times.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2005 09:38 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

The Torah, original first 5 books of the Bible, has stayed exactly the same.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2005 10:48 PM
big gay kirk

Originally posted by debbiejo
The Torah, original first 5 books of the Bible, has stayed exactly the same.

except when it was edited.....

Old Post Mar 9th, 2005 07:52 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Originally posted by big gay kirk
except when it was edited.....

I don't think it was edited, was it?

Old Post Mar 9th, 2005 10:00 PM
big gay kirk

The Bible has been edited almost since it was first written down... in fact, if you read any of the more popular versions of the first five books of the Bible, you will find them to be different in many ways, some of these due to (for instance) the text being a modernisation of a transliteration of an English translation of a Greek book translated and transliterated from hebrew.... for example, where the original hebrew would say "In the beginning the Gods created the sky and the earth..." we now seem to have " in the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth..."

Old Post Mar 9th, 2005 11:02 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

We need a Jewish person here!!! Hello!!! Calling Jewish people..

I've never heard that "In the beginning the Gods created the sky and earth." I'll have to do a study on that.. reading

Old Post Mar 9th, 2005 11:52 PM
-=Urot=-
-=GET_TWISTED=-

You guys should really checkout Clarence Larkin; his books deal with this topic and more.

The books I own are:

The Dispensational Truth
The book Of Revelation
The book Of Daniel
The Spirit World
Rightly Dividing The Word
The Second Coming Of Christ.

They are very interesting reads to say the least, Plus they have fully detailed maps about the Bibles various topics.

http://www.armageddonbooks.com/larkin.html
http://www.biblebelievers.com/larki...y-dividing.html

Charts:
http://members.citynet.net/morton/charts.htm
http://www.blueletterbible.org/study/larkin/

EDIT:

Another Great author would be John Dominic Crossan.

I have his book The Birth Of Christianity (653 pages long). Detailed reading but worth it in the end. big grin

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Last edited by -=Urot=- on Mar 10th, 2005 at 03:46 AM

Old Post Mar 10th, 2005 03:43 AM
-=Urot=- is currently offline Click here to Send -=Urot=- a Private Message Find more posts by -=Urot=- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote