KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » X-team VS. JLA and the JSA

X-team VS. JLA and the JSA
This poll is closed.
X-team 12 50.00%
JLA & JSA 10 41.67%
Draw 2 8.33%
Total: 24 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

X-team VS. JLA and the JSA
Started by: Sentry

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
He could just hit the doors open with his infinite mass punch...

And go around the mansion in second.

And kill them before they have chance to teleport.

Can someone describe the infinity mass punch? As in, how it works, how he uses it without being hurt, all that. Preferably with a link.

EDIT: Yeah, I think this fight is pretty lopsided in terms of power, but I'll probably put together something just to keep people debating.

Last edited by Khellendros on Mar 7th, 2005 at 01:43 AM

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 01:39 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

The infinite mass punch is basically a light speed punch, but based on the theory that when matter moves at light speed it's mass increases infinitely until it 'explodes' (essentially, reverting, or accelerating [per your perspective], into energy).

Anyway, Flash wouldn't move that fast due to the fact many of his teammates need to breathe and moving at that speed would diplace all of the air in the area, as well as suck the oxygen from their lungs.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 01:47 AM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by illadelph12
The infinite mass punch is basically a light speed punch, but based on the theory that when matter moves at light speed it's mass increases infinitely until it 'explodes' (essentially, reverting, or accelerating [per your perspective], into energy).

Anyway, Flash wouldn't move that fast due to the fact many of his teammates need to breathe and moving at that speed would diplace all of the air in the area, as well as suck the oxygen from their lungs.

Aaaaah okay. But why doesn't the explosion hurt him?

That's true. In an enclosed space, he is severely restricted or his own winds will injure his team mates.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 01:51 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

His speed force aura protects him from it. Anyone close by is severely f*cked though. laughing

>Z<

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 01:54 AM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Okay, this is what I came up with.

Contrary to what the JL/SA believes, The X-teams knew they were coming when Meggan detected the surface thoughts of their attackers without intruding in their minds and aleritng the telepaths. What the justice teams happen upon is a very convincing danger room-style simulation with the telepaths on the other side of the mansion creating projecting perfect mental signatures for all the false versions of the X team and Cable, no longer hindered with the techno virus, reinforcing the walls with a telekinetic force field.

The battle between the hard light and robotic xmen and the justice teams goes about as expected while the X teams go down the the heavily shielded lower levels. Just as the justice teams realize they are trapped, the X jets newly installed ati-matter reactors erupt, destroying everything above ground and killing everyone but the Flash, Superman, Shazam, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter and Power girl. The second Flash stops running from the explosion, Cable ruptures every blood vessel in his body simultaneously. Next, MM is attacked by all of the present X-telepaths, using cerebro super charged by Storm's lightning to amplify their powers a hundred fold. They undo all the work he did suppressing his weakness to fire and convince him his skin is on fire. MM flies off in terror, losing control over his own body.

Before the explosion, Forge, linked with the other telepaths, discovered the knowledge of kryptonite and it's deadly effects on Superman from Batman. Beast reveals that he has been experimenting with a very similar form of radiation for its uses in cancer treatment. Forge and Beast sneak off to an underground lab while Cable fuses every entrance shut and Polaris lines every outer wall with a thin layer of the adamantium the badly injured Wolverine has willingly sacrificed.

With the justice teams' telepaths gone, the Professor and his fellow telepaths pit the remaining powerhouses against each other until Forge and Beast can finish working. Ten minutes later, Forge is teleported to the surface to find that Green Lantern was teamed up on by the other three and killed, but not before badly injuring Power girl. Already protected by a powerful forcefield generator, Forge blasts Superman with a gun that fires the equivalent radiation load of ten pounds of kryptonite with each shot. Superman dies rather quickly, still befuddled by the telepaths. Captain Marvel shakes off the mental control just in time to have his spine severed by two micro-thin flakes of adamantium saved by Polaris.

Rouge is teleported to the surface in time to steal the dying Power Girl's abilities and the rest of her life force, and the Xmen begin preparing to relocate to a new location, since this place is just too well known.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 02:35 AM
stormfront13

i like kell's idea a lot

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 02:39 AM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by stormfront13
i like kell's idea a lot

Me too big grin Though I'm coming up with other ones... this thread is really getting my creative juices flowing.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 02:49 AM
stormfront13

lol ur first one could definitley happen

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 02:59 AM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Nice...

>Z<

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 03:00 AM
stormfront13

i think x-men can win- with all the telepaths then will definitley know they are coming

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 03:02 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

That was good.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 03:15 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

well i think no one could have said it better than kell

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 03:16 AM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

That's what I'm thinking too. With Supes drilling through the ground to bypass the Mansion's security, you'd have to take into account the fact that the X team have 7 telepaths, a man with super senses, and a woman that can sense things on the electro-magnetic spectrum. Polaris might be able to sense Hal's ring because of the energy sig it gives off. The JLA is better suited for physical confrontations. The Xmen are more strategy based given their limitations.

>Z<

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 03:17 AM
stormfront13

yeah ill is also right and what kell said about storm making cerebro stronger was brilliant

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 03:18 AM
Kento
The last Hokage

stick out tongue Hey Batman's snuck past White Martians before. He know a telepath is in there.. just Charles he knows about. He'd just have to mass produce the one thing he had during the second time the White Martians appear, and the telepaths would never know he came. *nods nods* However....that would not work well for the JLA since MM usually keeps them all in contact with telepathy.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 08:16 AM
Kento is online now! Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by Kento
stick out tongue Hey Batman's snuck past White Martians before. He know a telepath is in there.. just Charles he knows about. He'd just have to mass produce the one thing he had during the second time the White Martians appear, and the telepaths would never know he came. *nods nods* However....that would not work well for the JLA since MM usually keeps them all in contact with telepathy.

Yes, but you've got the most powerful telepath on Earth, working with several other very strong telepaths, all of whom are having their power multiplied. Even machines (I assume it was a device and not some magical thing) designed to block telepathy can be overpowered.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 08:54 AM
Kento
The last Hokage

big grin Yea but it was basically meant to be a joke. But seriously I think the DCU win this.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 09:01 AM
Kento is online now! Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by Kento
big grin Yea but it was basically meant to be a joke. But seriously I think the DCU win this.

Why exactly? My scenario is pretty plausible I think, and it leaves room for a lot of different tactics as well.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 09:12 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why do we bring this idea on.

Stop scripting the fights, yeah?

How about we take what we know of each teams strengths and weaknesses and just go by that. There's no need for punch by punch commentary because that will get nowhere. It just comes down to what you believe.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 09:13 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Why do we bring this idea on.

Stop scripting the fights, yeah?

I do it because I like it. Like I said, it gets the creative juices flowing.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 09:32 AM