KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Ong Bak

Ong Bak
This poll is closed.
Good 19 63.33%
Bad 3 10.00%
Alright,could be better 6 20.00%
Alright,didn't really liked it 2 6.67%
Total: 29 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ong Bak
Started by: Freaky Zeeky

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
k00L kiD
life is a dream

Rate it from 1 through 10

Old Post Sep 5th, 2005 02:12 AM
k00L kiD is currently offline Click here to Send k00L kiD a Private Message Find more posts by k00L kiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

4/10 from me.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2005 02:15 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

3/10 not my kind of flick.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2005 02:17 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

5/10 for the action but get rid of the rubbish editing, apparently there is less action in the new Jaa movie according to reviews... I read more action months ago, tut tut.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2005 02:32 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
The subtitles were incredibly poorly done. There were some that read "Speaking Thai", which was pretty ****ing obvious, given that's the origin of the film. Really bad soundtrack, which didn't compliment the movie at all, but neither did the bad acting and cliche Kung Fu movie cinematography and cast of villains and heroes.

Tony Jaa's athleticism was the only highlight of an otherwise incredibly disappointing, and totally overhyped movie that stretched a paper thin plot even thinner than imaginable.
I don't think anybody ever said that the acting or the plot or the overall film was great at all. The sole reason a lot of people liked this film was because of Tony Jaa and the potential he showed in it.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 08:27 PM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

Woah, didn't know there was a foreign movies forum

As a martial arts movie, it was excellent, great fights, great choreography, great stunts. 8/10 for action, surely.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 07:17 AM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

The action in this movie was IMO great. seeing as though it was a full contact movie it was great. (by full contact i mean all hits were real although some protection was used for the hits to the head and some of the body hits)

this movie was never going to be about plot, it is all about the action.

for me a rating of about 7/10

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 02:32 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

This movie was freaking great.

Obviously not a movie about plot, the main character was such an inexperienced actor that he had almost no lines but...

9/10!!!

I learned there's nothing you can't do with the Muy Thai!!!

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 09:23 AM
MERCILOUS is currently offline Click here to Send MERCILOUS a Private Message Find more posts by MERCILOUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fanboy

Good movie but some down faults to it I think that is how you say it action takes to long and this was not the only movie with realy contact.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 04:58 AM
Fanboy is currently offline Click here to Send Fanboy a Private Message Find more posts by Fanboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
justdecent

Normally I'm not a huge Kung Fu movie fan but the fight scenes in this were just insane and some of the humor was killing me.

Yeah, some of the parts looked fake, but the obvious stuff was supposed to look fake, like the fat guy jumping over the knives.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2005 03:54 AM
justdecent is currently offline Click here to Send justdecent a Private Message Find more posts by justdecent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
k00L kiD
life is a dream

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deathblow
Woah, didn't know there was a foreign movies forum

As a martial arts movie, it was excellent, great fights, great choreography, great stunts. 8/10 for action, surely.

laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 11:53 PM
k00L kiD is currently offline Click here to Send k00L kiD a Private Message Find more posts by k00L kiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jerlark386
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tony Jaa kicks ass.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2005 12:21 AM
jerlark386 is currently offline Click here to Send jerlark386 a Private Message Find more posts by jerlark386 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pandemoniac
Disco Infernal

Checked it out last weekend! Sure, the storyline is thinner than the bottom of my 5 year old socks, alike the acting. But I have to say Goddamnn!!! That is some serious funky ass-kicking mr. Jaa performs there! There are so much superb fights in this movie to make up for it's flaws and then more. I loved it!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 06:39 AM
Pandemoniac is currently offline Click here to Send Pandemoniac a Private Message Find more posts by Pandemoniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

you dont watch these kinda films for story line. well i dont anyway.

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 06:51 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pandemoniac
Disco Infernal

Correct you are! Most attempts to bring in a storyline in movies like this are eventually just boring and redundant pauses between that ass-whooping we go and watch the movie for.
Save the blablabla for soap-opera's and get on with kicking hiny!

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 11:59 PM
Pandemoniac is currently offline Click here to Send Pandemoniac a Private Message Find more posts by Pandemoniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

The second Tony Jaa film is out on dvd now, but it's only got chinese subtitles...

Old Post Feb 24th, 2006 12:08 AM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Majestik
The Original Boiled Egg

I really liked it but it's not in my top 10 favs...8/10

Old Post May 28th, 2006 06:10 PM
Majestik is currently offline Click here to Send Majestik a Private Message Find more posts by Majestik Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
feral cat

I love martial arts films and Tony Jaa is great, but the film is poor ... ends up being just Ok IMO 5/10

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 07:19 PM
feral cat is currently offline Click here to Send feral cat a Private Message Find more posts by feral cat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

since Im of thai descendent i love this movie :P and Tom Yum Goong, SOOO good, hate the voiceovers though.

the acting and story stuff, ill say its not THAT great, its a movie where the action is just THAT damn good, that you wont care about the acting at all in my opinion 8.5/10

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 03:02 AM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

It's okay, the humor was good in it but the fight scenes were all more or less the the same except maybe for the final one which was a brutal fight to watch. Some things dragged on in the film too long for me and I got to admit, I expected more considering the good reviews it got.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 10:36 AM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote