KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Ken vs Ryu

Ken or Ryu
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Ken 4 12.90%
Ryu 23 74.19%
Draw 4 12.90%
Total: 31 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ken vs Ryu
Started by: eleveninches

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jinzin
ryu,,,,they have the potential to be the same but since ryu trains harder and more frequently than the lazy american, he edges ken out. besides having a demon stalker/rival has gotta toughen ya up some.

american bashing is so cool! lets all be as trendy as jizzy..
ryu used to own me with those crazy ass uppercuts...i loathe him for it so i pick ken

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 02:23 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Ken's actually worse for uppercuts..he can set you on fire with them.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 02:25 PM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

i just remember ryu just using them nonstop....my dad owned a small arcade so i played it a lot so i remember.
i remember using the girl more than anyone due to her all around powers....well balanced.
cant remember her name as of now...she had the crazy super kick....the fireball and the "catch you in the air" thing...
drac has her for his sig.
who was the guy with the mask and the wolverine claws?
heh i have a horrible name recog.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 02:33 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

The girl was Chun-Li I' guessing and the dude with the mask is called Vega

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 02:36 PM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

you sir are correct. he wasnt very cool. with his fruity pony tail.
a pony tail is just a mullet in denial

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 02:42 PM
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

lol, no he was no cool at all, one of the best airborne figters in the game though

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 02:49 PM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

jumped off the side of the screen.
very very sweet.
chun lee did that as well tho

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 02:52 PM
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Yeah but she couldn't jump as far. Not to mention Vega's kick is leathal in the air.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 02:53 PM
Banner

Originally posted by eleveninches
Isn't Dark Ryu very similar to regular Akuma ????

So the SF charachters are ranked (in terms of fighting ability):

1.Akuma
2.Ryu
3.Bison
4.Sagat
5.Guile
6.Sagat

???
Is that right??

Not exactly. I think it's more like;

Tier 1
Oro, Gouki ( Akuma for you heathens ), Gill - the strongest three out of the SFer's. They outclass everyone. These guys are in the godly range. Oh, and SFA3 M. Bison probably goes here, too.

Tier 2
M. Bison, Sagat, Ryu, Satsui no Ryu (Evil Ryu), Q(hinted) - the next bunch

Tier 3
Ken, Gen, Rose, Charlie, Urien

Tier 4
Guile, Chun-Li, Hugo, Vega, Twelve (hinted)

Tier 5
Adon, Guy, Sakura, Cody, Balrog, Cammy, Zangief, Dhalsim, T Hawk, Alex

Tier 6
Everyone else but Tier 7 (things get really sloppy here, due to how most
characters below tier 5 do not have enough storyline info to tier on
noncircumstantial evidence). A pretty good guess, I think, would be this
(consider the rest of the characters in this tier and below to just be
hinted)

Tier 6
The Twelve Dolls, Rolento, Sodom, Karin, Birdie, Necro, Dudley

Tier 7
Blanka, Fei Long, Honda

Tier 8
Makoto, Ibuki, Elena, Yun, Yang

Tier 9
Dee Jay, R. Mika, Dan

Tier 10
Sean

Ken would get schooled by Ryu on a good or bad day regardless.

Last edited by Banner on Mar 14th, 2005 at 05:35 PM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 05:33 PM
Banner is currently offline Click here to Send Banner a Private Message Find more posts by Banner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Ah, I forgot abou the SF3 gods.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 06:33 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

i didn't but i couldn't remember their names.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 06:59 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Where in the ranking are Akumas master (who he killed), and ryu/ken's master?

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 07:15 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Banner

I would assume he'd be somewhere just below Ryu's current level. ( Street Fighter III, Third Strike ) Not entirely sure. I only assume this because Ryu's gotten MUCH stronger and he's now training with Oro -- the MOST powerful SFer. But I'd still put him in Tier 2.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 10:35 PM
Banner is currently offline Click here to Send Banner a Private Message Find more posts by Banner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
black wolverine
Restricted

Account Restricted

this is hard ryu is stronger and ken is faster hmmmmm

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 06:22 AM
black wolverine is currently offline Click here to Send black wolverine a Private Message Find more posts by black wolverine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

I'd put Gen much higher up on your list. He stalemated Akuma...and he was sick. He's at least tier 2, perhaps tier 1. I'd probably also put Dan below Sean.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 08:59 AM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Banner

That's only because Gouki was holding back his true power. In all truth if Gen fought Shin Gouki he most likely wouldn't have had a chance. Gouken was a WAY better fighter than Gen and he was murdered. Gen survived the Shun Goku Satsu once but again that was because he understood the mechanics of it not to mention it wasn't " Shin Gouki " he was fighting. Btw the list was used from the Street Fighter Plot Guide vs. 4.0 -- one of if not the most accurate SF guides known. I think the tier setting is fairly decent.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 08:05 PM
demigawd
Board Scientist

True, but Gen deserves credit for doing what no one else has ever done before. He may not be AS powerful as Akuma, but he's certainly higher up than Ken, Rose and Charlie, and I'd say he's higher up than Sagat, and regular Ryu, too.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 08:09 PM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Banner

Agreed and he does deserve accolades for being one of the more inventive and intelligent fighters in the series. Not to mention the fact he survived an encounter with Gouki. But the fact of the matter is that Street Fighter's main theme focus' on Ryu and his rivals. For the most part anyway. Higher than Ken, Rose, Charlie -- yes. I agree with that. Higher than Sagat or Ryu? No. It doesn't matter much now anyway considering Gen dies in the series of leukemia, supposedly.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 08:18 PM
SarKastic_OJ

I think Ken and Ryu are basically equal as far as manuevers and mastering the Shotokan style goes...

But, Ryu hones his skills by fighting hungry, street fighters from the streets and seeks to fight an opponent "worthy" of his fist. Ken on the other hand fights henpicked opponents in a "rules and regulations" sort of atmosphere and slacks off on his training..

Ryu wins this one by an inch, an equal sparring fight, but in a kill or be killed atmosphere, Ryu would take this battle..Besides he faired way better in the Bison battle...

Old Post Mar 21st, 2005 02:53 AM
SarKastic_OJ is currently offline Click here to Send SarKastic_OJ a Private Message Find more posts by SarKastic_OJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

Originally posted by Banner
Agreed and he does deserve accolades for being one of the more inventive and intelligent fighters in the series. Not to mention the fact he survived an encounter with Gouki. But the fact of the matter is that Street Fighter's main theme focus' on Ryu and his rivals. For the most part anyway. Higher than Ken, Rose, Charlie -- yes. I agree with that. Higher than Sagat or Ryu? No. It doesn't matter much now anyway considering Gen dies in the series of leukemia, supposedly.

I see what you're saying, but the list you posted is a power list, not an importance list. I don't believe that Sagat could beat Gen. I don't believe regular Ryu could beat him, either. They've never fought, which is unfortunate. Do you think Sagat could beat Gen?

Old Post Mar 21st, 2005 03:00 AM