KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Jedi and Sith VS Street Level Heroes

Jedi and Sith VS Street Level Heroes
Started by: K3VIL

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

I don't know. In Phantom Menace Obiwan and Qui Gon ran down a corridor of the Trade Frederation's ship at Quicksilver-esque speed, and they deflected machine gun blaster fire from attack droids with their lightsabers. I don't see any of the street level characters being fast enough to out maneuver a Jedi or Sith, even with numbers on their side.

Yoda could take them all by himself, and Dokoo was relatively holding his own against him.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 09:24 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

The Jedi are considered the galactic guardians in the SW universe. That should say how powerful these guys are. I mean they train their entire life to be a Jedi. I think that a team of Jedis could do alot of damage.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 09:24 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Quick Silver runs at mach speeds, you know this right? Jedi block blaster fire because they have low level precog and you can hear the lasers before you see them so they aren't faster then bullets.

Quicksilver-esque speed? Seriously lay off the chemical drugs

EDIT: Look at the chumps that took of the Galaxy and desimated the Jedi, the f'n Storm Troppers! Those guys make the cartoon Cobra Soldiers look elite.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Last edited by srankmissingnin on Mar 19th, 2005 at 09:30 PM

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 09:27 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Quicksilver isnt in this fight anyways. He used that as a comparison man relax. The Jedi and Sith win this easily. Jango Fett is a very formidable opponent for any of the streetlevel heroes in this fight and how well did Jango do against Mace Windu? He lasted about 2 seconds. Granted he did well against Obi but Obi is the weakest guy listed in this fight on the Jedi/Sith team.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 09:32 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

"Look at the chumps that took of the Galaxy and desimated the Jedi, the f'n Storm Troppers! Those guys make the cartoon Cobra Soldiers look elite."

You do realize that Storm Troopers are genetic clones of Jango Fett, right? And Anakin/Vader took down a majority of the Jedi when he betrayed them, not the Storm Troopers.

>Z<

Last edited by illadelph on Mar 19th, 2005 at 10:03 PM

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 09:59 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

And you need to watch Episode I again.

You'll see what I'm talking about.

>Z<

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 10:01 PM
mr.smiley

the jedi's powers are more like tricks.
and most these marvel characters have faced opponents far greater.
captain america took out dr.doom after he had absorbed the beyounders power.
wolverine has taken out ogun and other characters he never should have.
and then lets not even get started on batman cause he has fought superman plenty of times and he's like a jedi knight hyped on steroids.
plus your adding in hawkeye and green arrow and blade.
they do have telepathy but nowere good enough to control any of these guys.
the jedi's telepathy works on more feeble minded people.
pslocke once tried to read wolverines mind to anticipate his moves but she couldn't cause his thoughts and actions are one

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 11:34 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arsenal

quote: (post)
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Quick Silver runs at mach speeds, you know this right? Jedi block blaster fire because they have low level precog and you can hear the lasers before you see them so they aren't faster then bullets.

Quicksilver-esque speed? Seriously lay off the chemical drugs

EDIT: Look at the chumps that took of the Galaxy and desimated the Jedi, the f'n Storm Troppers! Those guys make the cartoon Cobra Soldiers look elite.

What the f*ck are you talking about? Have you even seen the storm troopers in action? Stop with this sarcastic crap it's really getting annoying.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 11:35 PM
Arsenal is currently offline Click here to Send Arsenal a Private Message Find more posts by Arsenal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

they moved nowere near quicksilver speed in episoed one.
they didn't even move as fast as the main villain on the chronicles of riddick

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 11:36 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arsenal

Can we keep Quicksilver out of this as I think some people think he's in this fight. From what I saw in EPI, they just used the force for a quick speed boost to get out of the droid's line of fire.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 11:39 PM
Arsenal is currently offline Click here to Send Arsenal a Private Message Find more posts by Arsenal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Jango Fett is a poorman's Punisher with a faulty jet pack. He never did a damn thing to put him on the same level of these characters... then again neither have the Jedi.

Just curious Arsenal but which part of Episode 1 did you see this speed boost? I watched the first 30 minutes again to see it but it is none existant so maybe you can clareify. And are you seriously trying to argue that the clone troppers are anything more then your standard cannon fodder?

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 05:25 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

It's at the beginning of the movie when Qui Gon and Obi Wan board the Trade Federation ship as ambassadors. Right after they slash the droids when they exit the room filled with gas and the Destroyer droids roll up. They run down the corridor at ridiculous speed to get away.

Quicksilver was only brought up as an analogy/comparison of the speed displayed by the Jedi, but people misinterpreted it as Quicksilver actually being involved.

>Z<

Last edited by illadelph on Mar 20th, 2005 at 05:53 AM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 05:51 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Oh right when the Destroyers show up. Yeah I remember that now. It wasn't so much an extreme feat of speed so much as they instantly reached it with out any acceleration. Deadpool has caught up with a motorcycle on his feet... it wasn't trying to get away from him and it was in the city but thats still like 40-50 kilometers an hour and he is about as fast as the rest of the street levels listed here (faster then some, slower the others).

EDIT: Forgot to point out that a shit load of Jedi got killed in Episode 2 by droids... the only thing more incompetent then Storm Troopers.

Last edited by srankmissingnin on Mar 20th, 2005 at 06:25 AM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 06:22 AM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

40-50 kph???? On foot? Which of them can do that? Black Panther and Wolverine?

>Z<

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 06:35 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I wasn't very clear with the feet I mentioned it doesn't sound like it should. DP sprinted for a very short period of time from behind the motorcycle and cought up; I doubt he could keep that up for very long at all. DD, BP, Cap, Deathstroke and Wolverine should be able to match that speed... some could top it.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 06:43 AM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

"Forgot to point out that a shit load of Jedi got killed in Episode 2 by droids... the only thing more incompetent then Storm Troopers."

Weren't they outnumbered like 300/500+ droids and bug aliens to about 20 Jedi? They're good, but they aren't Superman.

And 40-50 kph is very fast for a human, even peak human. Is that official? I never knew Captain America or Daredevil were that fast.

>Z<

Last edited by illadelph on Mar 20th, 2005 at 07:10 AM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 07:08 AM
Kento
The last Hokage

how fast is kph in miles??

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 07:26 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

They weren't out number so badly when you consider that DD and Wolverine have one several occations face 100s of enemies at once in close quaters and come out on top. I like the Star Wars movies but I just don't see how anyone can consider them a good fight for these guys.

I think a mile is almost 2 kilometers

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 07:31 AM
Kento
The last Hokage

So that would make 40 kph equal to 24 mph..Not really that hard to believe.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 07:44 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I wasn't very clear with the feet I mentioned it doesn't sound like it should. DP sprinted for a very short period of time from behind the motorcycle and cought up; I doubt he could keep that up for very long at all. DD, BP, Cap, Deathstroke and Wolverine should be able to match that speed... some could top it.
Man are you serious?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 01:00 PM