KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Infinity Watch vs. Justice Legion A

The Infinity Watch vs. Justice Legion A
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
The Infinity Watch 6 85.71%
Justice Legion A 1 14.29%
Too close to tell 0 0%
Total: 7 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Infinity Watch vs. Justice Legion A
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Beyonder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Linkalicious
I know you're right about the Living Tribunal not having the reality gem, but I'm still not sure that Thanos has it, nor am I sure that he was made a member of the Infinity Watch...

I think he does. For the most part, Thanos would like the universe to be in one piece - only because he lives in it. In the Infinity War and Crusade, Thanos helps the heroes. In Blood and Thunder, he assisted the Watch again. He ain't evil no more but still a badass.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2005 07:20 PM
Beyonder is currently offline Click here to Send Beyonder a Private Message Find more posts by Beyonder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

Hot damn..you're right!

quote:
Adam Warlock also devised a strategy with the Cosmic Gods. Adam Warlock kept the strategy to himself because he knew Thanos wouldn't try to read his mind because of how difficult it would be. Then at the moment of truth Adam Warlock told the Silver Surfer the plan, but it failed. The plan was to win by deception, but it failed. Then later Thanos lost the Infinity Gauntlet to his Grand Daughter Nebula. Nebula couldn't see Warlock because he is outside the realms of Chaos and Order and Nebula was mentally deficient at the time. Adam Warlock then touched the Gauntlet and entered the Soul World bringing the Silver Surfer with him. Adam Warlock used the Silver Surfer as an anchor so that he wouldn't get lost when reaching out to the other gems. Then Adam Warlock gained possession of the Infinity Gauntlet to become a GOD.

Later, Adam Warlock was put to trial by Eternity. It was proven that Warlock was mentally unable to have the gauntlet without there being a chance of him destroying the universe. So Adam Warlock gave the gems to 5 courageous souls : Pip - Space Gem, Drax the Destroyer - Power Gem, MoonDragon - Mind Gem, Gamora - Time Gem, Thanos - Reality Gem. The next time Warlock required to reform the Infinity Gauntlet was when the Magus was back (When Adam Warlock was god he shed all good and evil from his being).

The Gems didn't work but Thanos and Warlock had anticipated this and created a mock Reality Gem. When the Magus abducted Adam Warlock he gained the gems. When Galactus got the Living Tribunal and Eternity to make the gems work as one. Then the Magus was nearly omnipotent. Warlock managed to grab onto the Infinity Gems when and was a god along with the Magus. Warlock eventually won out with the help of Eternity and Infinity the Magus was vanquished to the Soul World, and Adam Warlock was in a coma like state. When Warlock awoke he had to do battle with the goddess (his good half). She sought to kill all life win the Cosmic Egg and recreate the universe for the "better". She possessed many of Earth's defenders but was thwarted by Thanos and Adam Warlock in the end. After that the Infinity Watch broke up.

from a bio I googled.

Last edited by Linkalicious on Apr 1st, 2005 at 07:25 PM

Old Post Apr 1st, 2005 07:22 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

What are the powers of Justice Legion A. I know of Superman 1,000,000 ..who is ridiculously powerful with mental and 5th dimensional imp powers...but what of the others?

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2005 07:51 PM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

Originally posted by Linkalicious
Hot damn..you're right!

from a bio I googled.

I know.

Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
What are the powers of Justice Legion A. I know of Superman 1,000,000 ..who is ridiculously powerful with mental and 5th dimensional imp powers...but what of the others?

The Infinity Watch have infinite control over everything: Mind, Power, Soul, Reality, Space, and Time.

The Justice Legion is soooo out of their league.

If Thanos was on their roster, they could create the IG and blink the JLA out of existance.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 01:24 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

Theoretically the Gems give the wielder infinite control over each aspect but the only ones who use the gems to their full extent is Warlock and Moondragon. Drax, as powerful as he is, only subconsciously uses the power gem. Pip only uses the space gem to teleport. And Gamora doesn't even know how to use the time gem. The reality gem is (or was) with Thanos but that gem doesn't work on its own, as a ruling from the Living Tribunal.

However, against the Justice League, Warlock and Moondragon using their gems are all you need. Warlock could just steal their souls or trap them all in soul world. Or Moondragon can just mindwipe them all - no telepath can withstand someone expertly using the mind gem.

Now if the Infinity Watch didn't have their gems, the outcome would be the complete opposite.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 01:08 PM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

I think Hourman (If we are talking about III) doesn't have an soul...and telepathy doesn't work on him. (He is an android)

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 01:14 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

Gamora knows exactly how to use the time gem. It took her some time, but she eventually learned to control it. She has stopped time, traveled through time, etc.

Pip has done more than just teleport. He has used the gem to defend himself with space distortion, and manipulate gravity. He is an idiot, but he's not useless. No one with an infinity gem is utterly useless.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 04:23 PM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Infinity Watch

Infinity Watch wins. EZ as pie.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 08:07 PM
Infinity Watch is currently offline Click here to Send Infinity Watch a Private Message Find more posts by Infinity Watch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

No way.

The JL-a would win SO easily, its not even close.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 10:45 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

No Way!!!

THe JL-a would win SO easily, its not even close

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 10:46 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

No, they don't. They lose terribly.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 10:48 PM