KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Lions.

Lions.
Started by: T.M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
baracustastic
I aint gettin on no plane

I wonder how it was ever possible for people to dislike the English?

Maybe we should ask Whirlysplat if he could shed some light on the conundrum?

Americans add throwing, pads, alter the length of the game etc, i.e. change it completely yet still call it football.

Then they call the original soccer, and expect the rest of the world to adopt this bastard name. Pish.

From hence forth American football shall be known as "soccer." by me.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 09:35 PM
baracustastic is currently offline Click here to Send baracustastic a Private Message Find more posts by baracustastic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by baracustastic
I wonder how it was ever possible for people to dislike the English?

Maybe we should ask Whirlysplat if he could shed some light on the conundrum?

Hey I was best man at a Welsh Pals wedding in Cardiff last Feb big grin I have nothing against the provinces big grin

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 09:39 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Auror Chk

Well overall, how do you think the Lions Team is going to play throughout the Tour from what you see so far?

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 08:07 AM
Auror Chk is currently offline Click here to Send Auror Chk a Private Message Find more posts by Auror Chk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
baracustastic

From 1 game, with half the squad yet to play?

Hard to say anything.

ALthough the idea of splitting the squad in 2 is a very bad idea IMO. It effectively tells half the party that they haven't a prayer of playing in the big games. Crushing the moral and creating bad feelings.

This plan failed against the Aussies 4 years ago and NZ 12 years ago. The only tour in recent years not to adopt this approach was '97 against the World Champ South Africans. The much maligned and underrated Lions won the test series.

Americans add throwing, pads, alter the length of the game etc, i.e. change it completely yet still call it football.

Then they call the original soccer, and expect the rest of the world to adopt this bastard name. Pish.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 01:01 PM
baracustastic is currently offline Click here to Send baracustastic a Private Message Find more posts by baracustastic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

From 1 game, with half the squad yet to play?

Hard to say anything.

ALthough the idea of splitting the squad in 2 is a very bad idea IMO. It effectively tells half the party that they haven't a prayer of playing in the big games. Crushing the moral and creating bad feelings.

This plan failed against the Aussies 4 years ago and NZ 12 years ago. The only tour in recent years not to adopt this approach was '97 against the World Champ South Africans. The much maligned and underrated Lions won the test series.

Taranaki tommorrow we will know more then, New Zealand will always be hard to beat big grin sadly, even for the mighty Lions big grin

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 08:55 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

what was the score today ?

i missed it DAMN SCHOOL mad

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 01:57 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
baracustastic

36-14 to the Lions.

hodgson 4 pens, 2 cons

Murphy x 2, Horgan, Corry

Cussiter and Hodgson were the best players.

Owen, Murphy, Horgan all did well.

Forwards were a bit shit really. Got a hiding in the scrum and the rucking left a bit to be desired.

7-6 to Taranaki at HT.

Fitness told in the end.

Much improvement needed.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 08:39 PM
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

big game next against the Maori 8 fully capped NZ players in their team should be close

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 02:23 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

It was terrible, especially the kicking game, the backs lacked edge except O'Driscoll and Thompsons throwing was terrible.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 08:17 PM
Auror Chk

well lets just say im proud of the NZ Maori Team. They played great and hard against the Mighty Lions. 13 - 19 to the NZ Maori Team.

Even though most of the points were made up by penalties.

One Try per team. Leon McDonald doing it for the NZ Maori and O'Driscoll I think for the Lions.

It kind of got boring for awhile. I love watching speed lol.. Felt sorry for Steve Walsh but the commentators said he likes that kind of stuff.. getting crap on both sides... I like Steve Walsh that hunky guy HA LOL..

Ok outside of the game.. I love singing the national NZ anthem in english and Maori. And the Haka was like heart stopping.. well for me.. its better then the ABz Haka i reckon..

BTW Graham Henry announced the AB team.. But I guess i should post that in the Official Rugby/Rugby League thread lol..

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 07:42 AM
Auror Chk is currently offline Click here to Send Auror Chk a Private Message Find more posts by Auror Chk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Terrible is a bit of an understatement i think.

it was more in the lines (or not in line big grin ) of atrocious he couldn't pick out anyone.

on the plus side though Wales beat Canada big grin

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 02:46 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lets say were improving but is it quick eough, Shame Johnson retired we need a leader.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 08:59 PM
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

lucky to beat southland IMO

Hicky was awful.

Henson played well how aint he in the Test team.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 09:31 AM
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

I agree with you about Henson, he had a great game. Also the number 8 (not sure of his name but i believe he is Welsh) has impressed me. Wilkinson shouldn't be in the test team, he has only played one game and was AWOL for that one. Hogeson should be starting in the first test.
In all honesty though (and remember I'm English through and through) the All Blacks are going to destroy any team that Clive puts out there. They have been poor in every game, no creativity, no execution and no clue really. I hope they can prove me wrong, I'll be cheering for them on Saturday no matter what but it doesn't look good.

"The Capitol of this rugged slang is WU-TANG,
Witty Unpridictable Talent And Natural Game". GZA

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 08:29 PM
koolruningz is currently offline Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

u mean Ryan Jones ?

yeah he had a great game.

i predicted the team for the 2nd test and i got it right so i hope they win/

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 03:53 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

I blame the Welsh, Scottish and Irish players big grin

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 07:07 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by whirlysplat
I blame the Welsh, Scottish and Irish players big grin

they have an english manager... so you can't blame others... o'driscoll got f*cking powerbombed and nothing happened...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 07:35 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
baracustastic

You could blame the Scots........If the english fool of a coach had picked any of them. Woodward arsed it good n proper.

Was a dirty, needless tackle on O'Driscoll. Nutball Grewcock gets 2 months for biting some fingers and Umaga/muliawotshisface get **** all for spearing. Not the reason why the Lions got destroyed though.

NZ kicked ass, better players, better prepared, better coached.

As a Scot I feel distanced from the situation, unconnected.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 11:42 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

NZ kicked ass, better players, better prepared, better coached.

yeah...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 03:08 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Auror Chk

I agree.... BETTER players, prepared and coached.

Spare tackle? pfft thats just going into all that he said she said crap. We all saw it and it was a done deal. Suck it up and move on because that isnt supprising coming from Rugby. I feel sorry for O'Driscoll dont get me wrong but having a hit like that should have made Woodward want to beat the ABz even harder by training even harder.

Both teams played dirty in the first test but the spare tackle was a bang 1 2 3 job plus everyone has their own side to the story. Unfortunately and Lions player got injured but like I said thats how the sport goes. Its rough and can be a ***** but thats what makes fans like me love it more wink

2nd Test, the Lions pulled out all stops and played a great game. Making those few changes made a difference. Unfortunately they still came out on the wrong side and lost 18-48 to the All Blacks.

Next Test this Saturday and next Lions game this Tuesday.

The Lions vs Auckland.

Go AUCKLAND!!!!

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 09:40 AM