KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Battle of the Next-Generation Consoles

Which next-generation console are you most looking forward to?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
PlayStation 3 120 36.47%
Xbox 360 92 27.96%
Nintendo Wii 82 24.92%
Undecided / too early to tell 23 6.99%
I’ll stick with the classic consoles, thank-you-very-much! 12 3.65%
Total: 329 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Battle of the Next-Generation Consoles
Started by: Morgoths_Wrath

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (110): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

My god comment was more about Sony thinking whatever they do will still make them the leading gaming machine. They're going towards more all in one entertainment box and less of an gaming console.
Dont you think sooner or later Sony will have its priorities crossed.
For me, gaming is about bloddy games. Its my hobby. Having a blu-ray disc player (no ****ing point of having one) and all the shabam isnt my hobby. Nintendo is about gaming and they will always look out for the gamer. Sony does too but if PS3 is bought by people looking for the entertainment all in one device and not gaming, dont you think Sony will cater towards that market instead of gamers, considering casual and hardcore gamers made the Playstation popular?

I hope for goodness sakes thats not true.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 05:54 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

I think PS3 is supposed to be the most powerful, I'd expect it to be between the PS3 and the Revolution for the best games. I'm an RPG/Zelda-ish games-man myself though... Don't really like many sports or racing games. The only problem is that I didnt really feel that the Cube was even as good as PS2 in terms of games. Nintendo's goin downhill. Can't wait for the next Zelda regardless.

And the backwards compatibility thing for Nintendo is gonna be huge, as I'm pretty sure SNES is unanimously decided as the BEST GAMING SYSTEM EVER! Gooooooo Mario RPG.

I think XBOX 360 may do better than PS3 though... Cuz the roles are reversed. Everyone's going to be buying XBOX when it comes out, and not want another system the following spring. Halo 3 is also gettin released at the same time as PS3.

To me, it seemed like X Box drew in a lot more people who were new to gaming with Halo, in the same way that it seemed like Playstation 1 did. N64 was better than PS1 (yea, i said it) but PS2 beat the crap out of the Gamecube. I think X Box 360 might do the same thing, especially if PS3 fails to live up to PS2 like Gamecube did to N64.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post May 26th, 2005 04:10 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I dont think the GC failed live up to the N64.

Both are equally good systems.
There's some amazing games out for the GC and the system itself is not too shabby either.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 06:22 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
I dont think the GC failed live up to the N64.

Both are equally good systems.
There's some amazing games out for the GC and the system itself is not too shabby either.

I would tend to agree... GC did a few things right, most notably the fact that they moved from cartidge format to disc format. I think the excessive focus, however, on GBA connectivity and the lack of online support is one of the biggest mistakes that they made during this go around. That, and letting Rare slip away. Oops.

Artwork by Cinemaddiction!!!

Old Post May 26th, 2005 01:55 PM
Primitive Screwhead is currently offline Click here to Send Primitive Screwhead a Private Message Find more posts by Primitive Screwhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thunder Fox
F.M.L

i think GC was just under rated its an awsome system

Merc with a Mouth, the Crimson Nutcase

Old Post May 26th, 2005 01:58 PM
Thunder Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Thunder Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Thunder Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

tis true shadow12

Old Post May 26th, 2005 02:07 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
st41k3r
Ultimate Halo 2 Sniper

PS3 is tight as hell

KMC GANG MEMBER

Old Post May 26th, 2005 02:13 PM
st41k3r is currently offline Click here to Send st41k3r a Private Message Find more posts by st41k3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

I saw how war game looked on it at E3..it looks so really you could almost feel the blood shed.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 02:15 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Having Rare slip away was a good thing.

There's no doubt they make some really good games, but for the price to keep the contract, it wasnt worth it.

Look at what Rare has produced in the past console race. Nothing, no games at all. Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero was suppose to be out on the GC, then the XBOX, now its on the XBOX 360. For what MS paid for (around 500 million I think), getting 2 games out of 6 years aint going to cut it.

Rare released Jet Force Gemini, PD, Goldeneye and Banjo Tooie and its other one, Killer Instinct Gold, Blast Corps, Diddy Kong Racing, Donkey Kong 64 and Conkers for the N64. Thats alot of good games.
For XBOX, they are releaseing a remake of Conkers.
The funny thing though, is that they also released Star Fox Adventures for the Cube.
I dont think it really made a difference when Rare left because alot of those games are with Nintendo franchises. The ones they produced themselves didnt sell as well.
Nintendo did good cause now they have Retro, who did amazing work with Metriod.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 05:17 PM
jinXed by JaNx

well in the stock market in japan the PS3 is about $500. That is to god damn much money. Xbox blows, so why would i invest in a company that produced a mediocre system,but promised everything but? i guess i'll just play ps2 and xbox untill i get bored with games and call it quits.

Old Post May 28th, 2005 01:25 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

Originally posted by Smasandian
Having Rare slip away was a good thing.

There's no doubt they make some really good games, but for the price to keep the contract, it wasnt worth it.

Look at what Rare has produced in the past console race. Nothing, no games at all. Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero was suppose to be out on the GC, then the XBOX, now its on the XBOX 360. For what MS paid for (around 500 million I think), getting 2 games out of 6 years aint going to cut it.

Rare released Jet Force Gemini, PD, Goldeneye and Banjo Tooie and its other one, Killer Instinct Gold, Blast Corps, Diddy Kong Racing, Donkey Kong 64 and Conkers for the N64. Thats alot of good games.
For XBOX, they are releaseing a remake of Conkers.
The funny thing though, is that they also released Star Fox Adventures for the Cube.
I dont think it really made a difference when Rare left because alot of those games are with Nintendo franchises. The ones they produced themselves didnt sell as well.
Nintendo did good cause now they have Retro, who did amazing work with Metriod.

I guess we'll have to see how Kameo and PDZ turn out, and when they turn out to see if you're right. In terms of current consoles, you're right. Long term, I'm not sure.

Artwork by Cinemaddiction!!!

Old Post May 28th, 2005 02:54 PM
Primitive Screwhead is currently offline Click here to Send Primitive Screwhead a Private Message Find more posts by Primitive Screwhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Long term maybe.

But Retro, the company who did Metriod Prime looks very promising when it comes to developing now.

Old Post May 28th, 2005 05:00 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Originally posted by Shin_akuma
ok I'm Sony all the way even though nintendo in my mind is better then microsoft PLEASE dont' go all oh xbox xbox on me oh yeah sony is the best come on SUPERCOMPUTER TECH i think it's going to be around 500, the ps3 yeah wireless online ? blu ray ? 128 bit color? 50 GB discs ? COME ON who thinks that xbox 360 is going to top the CELL come on i think that backwards compatibility for the ps3 was a no brainer but the revolution ALL THE nintendo games ? COME ON that's bad friggen ass i would be happy with just the flippin nintend 64 games but the snes and the gamecube, duh, DAMN that's awesome

yeah about the price US hardcore gamers are getting it for sure but the casual gamers ahhh man I hope that the can be awakened to the god that is gaming ... sorry for the blasphemy but come on sony pwns all I know that sony shouldn't feel like gods but SONY WE LOVE YOU

This is so true serious chet xbox doesn't have crap halo wow one title will carry a whole system ? come now at the time launch of the ps2 it was technologically the best thing ever and it still is gambecube and xbox maybe now will beat ps2 in tech but the ps2 was the one that had the games had the tech AT THE TIME to make all those great games but now that it is losing in tech it is already to late to beat it it had a good 2 or 3 years headstart on gamecube and I am pretty sure 3 and a half years ahead on xbox I know this is kinda dumb to say but some people are still trying get a ps2 serious ps3 is going to blow everything away

Okay, I understood about half the things you said there.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post May 28th, 2005 07:52 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

I'l stick to old NES and Sega, they have the good fun games, I really dont care for new consoling since I only want to play new gmaes on pc, since it packs much more power and alot better to play with, who wants to sit with a Stradegy game on a consol, a 3DShooter on consol? nah the consols are only good for the fighinting games

Old Post May 31st, 2005 07:25 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zen2nd
Veridis Quo

quote:
nah the consols are only good for the fighinting games

Well its all got to do with opinion. Consoles are more accessible

quote:
since it packs much more power and alot better to play with,

There is the downfall, depending on your situation you might have to buy a new PC every year to keep up to date and that can be very expensive.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 08:01 PM
Zen2nd is currently offline Click here to Send Zen2nd a Private Message Find more posts by Zen2nd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thunder Fox
F.M.L

true my friend spends a fortune tring to keep up with the times

Old Post May 31st, 2005 08:10 PM
Thunder Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Thunder Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Thunder Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

You know, I read an interesting thing yesterday. I'll try to find the article in a bit, but for now...

Not one of the movies at Sony's E3 presentation was done using the PS3 graphics technology. Why? Because the GPU to be used for the PS3 (codenamed RSX)is still in development - meaning the supposedly real-time demos cannot be real. nVidia's chief financial officer Mary Burkett confirmed that last week. Burkett did concede, however, that nVidia had been working with chips similar in power to the RSX, so the PS3 may indeed be able to deliver such graphics as seen at E3. Right.

Yet more interesting is the info about Microsoft. Their playable demos on the show floor - which at first appeared to be running on the displayed 360's - were in fact being powered by APPLE G5'S behind the scenes!

So the tables have turned, haven't they? Sony had nothing to actually show, and so made a mock up of what they think it will look like? And Microsoft was using MACINTOSH computers to fake their own console, which they said would be out by this holiday season?

Looks like Nintendo is the only one who did the smart thing, by actually telling people they didn't have a console yet.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 08:44 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZomBiE_HunTER
To Serve

The source would be nice.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 10:11 PM
ZomBiE_HunTER is currently offline Click here to Send ZomBiE_HunTER a Private Message Find more posts by ZomBiE_HunTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warakia
Warakia

I love how people call Nintendo creative when almost all of their recent big video games have just been rehashes of old titles. Nintendo relies too much on their classics to keep their boat from sinking.

PS3 is going to win.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 01:05 AM
Warakia is currently offline Click here to Send Warakia a Private Message Find more posts by Warakia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thunder Fox
F.M.L

they hate to change a good thing and they have benn known to take risks

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 01:07 AM