KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Battle of the Next-Generation Consoles

Which next-generation console are you most looking forward to?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
PlayStation 3 120 36.47%
Xbox 360 92 27.96%
Nintendo Wii 82 24.92%
Undecided / too early to tell 23 6.99%
I’ll stick with the classic consoles, thank-you-very-much! 12 3.65%
Total: 329 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Battle of the Next-Generation Consoles
Started by: Morgoths_Wrath

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (110): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Morgoths_Wrath

quote: (post)
Originally posted by General Kaliero
You know, I read an interesting thing yesterday. I'll try to find the article in a bit, but for now...

Not one of the movies at Sony's E3 presentation was done using the PS3 graphics technology. Why? Because the GPU to be used for the PS3 (codenamed RSX)is still in development - meaning the supposedly real-time demos cannot be real. nVidia's chief financial officer Mary Burkett confirmed that last week. Burkett did concede, however, that nVidia had been working with chips similar in power to the RSX, so the PS3 may indeed be able to deliver such graphics as seen at E3. Right.

Yet more interesting is the info about Microsoft. Their playable demos on the show floor - which at first appeared to be running on the displayed 360's - were in fact being powered by APPLE G5'S behind the scenes!

So the tables have turned, haven't they? Sony had nothing to actually show, and so made a mock up of what they think it will look like? And Microsoft was using MACINTOSH computers to fake their own console, which they said would be out by this holiday season?

Looks like Nintendo is the only one who did the smart thing, by actually telling people they didn't have a console yet.

wow, that's very interesting. not that I don't believe you, but where'd u find this out?

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 01:11 AM
Morgoths_Wrath is currently offline Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NinjaJJ
I love how people call Nintendo creative when almost all of their recent big video games have just been rehashes of old titles. Nintendo relies too much on their classics to keep their boat from sinking.

PS3 is going to win.

On what grounds do you figure this to be an absolute?

Artwork by Cinemaddiction!!!

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 02:07 AM
Primitive Screwhead is currently offline Click here to Send Primitive Screwhead a Private Message Find more posts by Primitive Screwhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Source here

There ya go. Not much in there I didn't cite, but yeah, there's a source.

And in reply to NinjaJJ:

Why shouldn't they use their big franchises? If you have an awesome series, releasing new games in that series is common sense. Plus, we've reached the point in time where many people haven't played the old marios and the other classics. What bad about bringing back the origins of a famous series? And, if you'd looked at Nintendo's E3 stuff, you would have noticed that many of their new games are just that: entirely new.

I can assure you that Nintendogs will be a huge hit when it gets over here. The closest thing we've ever seen to that is those crappy tamogotchi-whatevers from a few years ago. This will be gold.

Odama. A war game. With a GIANT PINBALL. strange, freaky, but undeniably original and creative.

I personally am excited about Fire Emblem on the GC, because the series is great, and its greatness is just now being recognized in the US. And that's new, because there's no other game like it.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 03:06 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Another interesting bit from Gamespot.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/0...ws_6126725.html

Its funny how arrogant Sony is. Their right for the picking. If they learned anything from taking the mantle of king of consoles from Nintendo, they would see that casual gamers might not want to pay more money just so they can play on two HDTVs and seven people. If you have the hardware, it probalby be loads of fun but come on, what developer is going to spend tons of cash to create a game that only 1% of its buyers would actually want?

I also dont like how the dude says their using the PS3 to push the whole Blue Ray disc's into the market, considering they think the PS2 was the sole reason for the breakthrough of DVD technology. I think Blue Ray will become the next LaserDisc.
I personally dont think people who would buy the PS3 (if it cost a boatload=hardcore gamers) could care less about buying an HDTV to play it better.
If XBOX 360 is cheaper, the half year advantage in being out, and hopefully some kick ass games. I can see the XBOX 360 beating out Sony's PS3 with Nintendo being second with its niche market.
I was a lil worried that Nintendo might eventually get knocked out like Sony, but from its marketing point of view for the new console, I cant see that. Instead of going for all the marbles like the other two, they're going on thier strenghs, and they will always have those hardcore Fanboys.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 04:28 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZomBiE_HunTER
To Serve

I dont like the fact that Ken said that the ps3 is not a gaminng console.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 07:32 PM
ZomBiE_HunTER is currently offline Click here to Send ZomBiE_HunTER a Private Message Find more posts by ZomBiE_HunTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Exactly.

I have feeling that Sony might alienate some customers with this marketing strategy, especially hardcore gamers like ourselves. We want game console, then maybe entertainment centre. Not vice versa. And then if the price is too high it might drive off casual gamers also.

Its going to be really interesting how PS3 does because I dont think having all that power will sway peoples opinions so easily. What would happen if this turns out to be way overhyped and then a big letdown if the games they release do not look like the videos they show at E3.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 06:38 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

everyone knows that the game makes the systems.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 09:05 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarFace Clone
Restricted

Account Restricted

the polls don't lie ps3... at e3 alls xbox 360 talked about is how you will be able to upload you digital pictures onto you xbox who the hell cares about that crap. at least ps3 had some sweet trailers! and nintendo all they had was Zelda when they should have been concentrating on next gen. like making a controller?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 04:19 PM
ScarFace Clone is currently offline Click here to Send ScarFace Clone a Private Message Find more posts by ScarFace Clone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

thank you

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 04:24 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarFace Clone
Restricted

Account Restricted

your welcome

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 04:32 PM
ScarFace Clone is currently offline Click here to Send ScarFace Clone a Private Message Find more posts by ScarFace Clone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Umm, polls do lie. Polls dont mean shit because they have a chance to be highly unaccurate.
Look at political polls. One day this guy is in the lead, the next day this guy is in the lead.
Dont believe in any of the polls because they do not accuratly represent peoples minds.
Im not saying that people at E3 didnt like the PS3 better, im just saying, that it has a high chance that its not accuratly relfecting the minds of gamers.

Well, you know that the main selling point of the PSP was that you can do all of that crap you mentioned? IE. downloading digital pictures to the PSP.
Also, you say Nintendo shouldnt of showcased Zelda as much as the Revolution? Well, most reputable magazines and online sites labelled Zelda as the game of the show, which will significantly increase sales of the game and possibly sales of the Revoultion later next year due to the fact its backward compatible.
Also, the went towards Zelda because A. they didnt have much to show of the Revolution which made it more for speculation and less than negative views because if they showed Revolution with out much support and content, people would undoubtable be very negative.
And the controller is already made, they're just waiting to show everything at different time. There is no law you need to show everything at E3. It might be stupid or not, but you dont need too.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 04:56 PM
ScarFace Clone
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah but chances are that if you want zelda you will buy it and by the time revolution is out every one who wanted zelda will have alredy bought it!

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 05:11 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

thats fanboyism though.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 01:26 AM
ScarFace Clone
Restricted

Account Restricted

yep

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 05:03 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

What fanboyism? Who me?

Haha.

What I meant about Zelda increasing sales was that at the end of a console cycle, the general public might not want to buy that game due to the fact that a new console is right around the corner. But because this game might be very good, people will be more inclined to buy it because they know they can still play it on the new system.

Your comment about zelda though, is a load of crap. What makes or breaks a game is the people who find out about it due to publicity that buy it. In a years time, that game will probably still sell well.
Half Life was a high seller at the start of release and those are the people who wanted to buy it. What made that company millions was that people bought it after the 3rd year. That was thier highest selling year for that game.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 05:35 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Unfortunately, if you're a PS3 fanboy, you're considered by the populace (which mostly consist of typical ps3 fanboys) to have an unbiased opinion.. god forbid you like nintendo or microsoft though (you know.. developers who realise what quality means)... people start acting like you've committed some rediculous crime

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 04:44 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I know.

What I meant about it the question, if they thought I was a fanboy.

But you gotta love those fanboys. They give people much needed humor.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 04:57 PM
ScarFace Clone
Restricted

Account Restricted

i am guessing that both of you two are hard core gamers witch would mean that you watched e3 witch would mean that i am right so who am i ganna listen to you to or the people at e3 thats what i thought. PS3!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 05:58 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Nah you got me wrong I knew that Zelda was going to win those game award shows, you just cant say no to the Zelda Fanboys.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 11:07 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

What people at E3?

The booth babes?
The sweet stained gamer who is high on overpriced hotdogs and beer?
The companies? (like you can trust everything that comes out of those sneaky PR reps)
Or the videogame journalists? They offer opinions which dont really reflect anything at all.

This polls you were talking about?
Who made it. Where was it publish or distrubutied. Who took the info. How long was it on for. Whats the degree of error. Did it actually exist. And who is holding the informations. Like I said, polls dont mean shit.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 03:19 AM