KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Gen'Dai Jedi or Sith

Gen'Dai Jedi or Sith
Started by: Wickerman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Gen'Dai Jedi or Sith

I just thought that this would be pretty interesting. An example of a Gen'Dai is Durge. Here's some info on the race:

quote:
Though humanoid in appearance, Durge was a Gen'Dai, a rare species with an unusually long lifespan -- some Gen'Dai reportedly have lived for over four thousand years.

The peculiar nervous and circulatory systems of the Gen'Dai makes them extremely resistant to physical injury. The Gen'Dai physiology boasts millions of nerve clusters throughout the body, and a vascular system that distributes blood without the need of a central heart. Lacking the vulnerable vital organs of most humanoids, a Gen'Dai could sustain multiple lacerations and even, it is rumored, complete dismemberment and yet still survive. In addition to these extremes of endurance, the distributed neural network gives the Gen'Dai phenomenal reflexes. Should a Gen'Dai sustain too many injuries, they are capable of entering into extended periods of hibernation, during which they can heal wounds, recover from disease, and slow the aging process.

With such formidable physical abilities, it is fortunate for the galaxy at large that the Gen'Dai are, by nature, not an aggressive species. They are nomadic, and their home world has been lost to the ages. Due to a low birthrate, the Gen'Dai are very rarely encountered, and they usually avoid confrontation if possible. Though the Gen'Dai are physically suited for long life, their minds weaken with age, and the species is susceptible to depression, hysteria, and other forms of psychosis.

Sounds to me like they'd make an excellent Jedi that would later turn to the Darkside out of fear, depression, etc.

What's your opinion? Would you like to see one of these in action? (Also, remember they can get pretty much anything cut off without needing cybernetic implants. they'll just grow it back wink )

~wickerman~

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 11:54 AM
Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Well they would make nice fighters, but it doesn't seem like they would want one. Training one of those as a Jedi seems incredibly dangerous if you ask me. You have to train them to stay calm and still fight something thats not like them, they grow old get depressed and all that crap and will forget vital parts of their training and eventually fall to the Dark Side.

Could be nice to have one of those bastards fighting for you, but I think especially when you are talking about force sensitive Gen'Dai's they will just turn against you. Extermination seems like a better option if you ask me.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 03:34 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote