KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Yoda(at his peak) VS Darth Revan

Yoda(at his peak) VS Darth Revan
Started by: Darth Itachi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (38): « First ... « 34 35 [36] 37 38 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
overlord
OD'd

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Grand Moff Gav
YOda was at his peak in episode VI, when he joined the force.
Yeah, he could have easily took Lukes place to fight Vader and the emperor but his incredible force peak caused him to self destruct and dissapear.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 07:06 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Yoda could still interfere

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 07:20 PM
Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sacul

I say Revan because:
The force-users of KOTOR were much more powerful than those from Yoda's time.
Because there was a war going on, only the strongest survived each encounter, meaning Revan must have been very strong. The numerous fights between jedi and sith meant that the force-users of the time must have been experts at lightsaber to lightsaber combat, whereas Yoda has had very little experience of this kind. Furthermore, there were many advanced force techniques in KOTOR that where lost by Yoda's time, and the jedi-sith fighting must have meant that everyone of that time was more powerful in the force than of Yoda's time. So, even though Yoda may have lived a lot longer, he lacks the experience in both the force and lightsaber combat. He can meditate on the force all he wants, but improvement lies in use, and Revan actually has to use his lightsaber and force powers.

I think.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 07:28 PM
Click here to Send Sacul a Private Message Find more posts by Sacul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

At Yodas time however the jedi where trained to fight the old sith.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 07:34 PM
Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RocasAtoll

Originally posted by Grand Moff Gav
At Yodas time however the jedi where trained to fight the old sith.

What the hell? Where do you come up with this shit?

At Yoda's time they were training to fight criminals with no force ability. They had no Sith to fight, and so didn't train to fight them sdince they believed they were dead. Jedi at that time were peacekeepers not warriors.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 07:37 PM
Click here to Send RocasAtoll a Private Message Find more posts by RocasAtoll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Not according to GL the jedi trained to fight the old sith but not Plaguieus' generation.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 07:41 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by ResubianNushi
What the hell? Where do you come up with this shit?

At Yoda's time they were training to fight criminals with no force ability. They had no Sith to fight, and so didn't train to fight them sdince they believed they were dead. Jedi at that time were peacekeepers not warriors.

Yoda in ROTS was 800+. They said the sith were gone for almost 1,000 years so Yoda could have been trained to fight the sith.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 08:28 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Originally posted by Shadow x 20
Yoda in ROTS was 800+. They said the sith were gone for almost 1,000 years so Yoda could have been trained to fight the sith.

Even so, for how long would he have trained like that? and how much time would he have spend training in another way after that?

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 08:43 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Even so before most Jedi stopped lightsaber dueling to deflect blasters their were others (besides the Sith) that used melee weapons to counter a lightsaber.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 09:01 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Taranis
Angry Gorilla

Well, first things first. I think Yoda would have almost immediately sensed that Revan is a bit too powerful to let him keep living. Bearing this in mind, we have Yoda without any self-imposed checks to his power versus Revan.

I don't think that the duel would be determined solely by skill with a lightsaber. Yoda had this uncanny ability to take the most complex and powerful lightsaber maneuvers and trump them with fairly simple movements. This isn't something that is taught by any particular lightsaber form. It's a personal talent. Given that he was conservative in his movements, but could augment his speed and strength using the Force, it would probably give him quite the distinct advantage, or at the very least, counter Revan's versatility with a lightsaber. And Revan and Yoda had a fairly equal knowledge of the seven mainstream styles of lightsaber fighting, with each of them having their particular preference. The complexity of Revan's fighting style could have been countered easily with the simplicity of Yoda's. Yoda could possibly force an opening in Revan's defenses, and Revan is a juggernaut, so the same could be said for him overwhelming Yoda. So now we need to fall onto the next category of skill with the Force.

Yoda and Revan were both particularly strong with the Force (not to state the obvious or anything). And while Revan may have had quite a bit of knowledge of light-side powers, a lot of these powers required a light-side mentality, which any self respecting Dark Lord of the Sith wouldn't have touched. So Yoda will probably be able to make use of powers that Revan might never have touched. And Yoda does use some very Sith-like techniques in his duel with Sidious (i.e. throwing stuff at Sidious at high velocities), so Revan does not necessarily have the edge of all Dark Side techniques in his pocket. But, there is a key difference between Revan and Yoda. Revan is quite young, so he doesn't fatigue easily, in comparison to Yoda, who is quite old.

I think experience can be pretty easily discarded. 800 years of meditation with a multitude of wars happening in the span inbetween versus forty years of constant combat? I would be willing to say that that giant, massive block of time would be equal to forty years of combat experience.If anything, I'd say Yoda has more experience than Revan, but to be fair I'll say they're equal in that respect. And it's not as if Yoda ever got dull in his knowledge of lightsaber combat, with teaching and all that jazz.

So, I guess the best conclusion I can draw of the fight would be based on the length of it. If Revan were to be able to tire Yoda out somehow, Yoda would be left pretty much at the mercy of Yoda's attacks. So, Yoda would definitely be the underdog going into the fight, but there's a good chance that he can win if the fight was short-lived. Another factor not listed here is the setting. That could make a world of difference.

Oh, and just to add extra fun into the topic, Yoda did make a temporary, controlled fall to the Dark Side to make an attempt to understand Dooku's fall. And Dooku admits that if Dark Yoda would have fought Sidious, Sidious would have lost. Dark Yoda versus Revan would be a fun thought to entertain, no? The dark side empowers its users the longer a battle lasts, so we don't have that pesky issue of endurance to worry about. It's my personal opinion that Yoda lost the duel with Sidious because while his ability to fight deteriorated as he got more and more fatigued, Sidious was empowered with every minute gain he got on Yoda. Now, replace that fatigue Yoda gets from his old age and particular side of the Force and fill it up with dark side goodness, and we've got another completely different duel. big grin

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 12:04 AM
Click here to Send Taranis a Private Message Find more posts by Taranis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth
Ranger

OMG, we're still on this topic... This is a KMC versus first...

For Fritos.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 12:10 AM
Click here to Send Stealth a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Taranis
Angry Gorilla

I wouldn't know. I haven't been here long. :P

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 12:17 AM
Click here to Send Taranis a Private Message Find more posts by Taranis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Darkstar
Grandmaster of the AFC

Actually this isn't, back in the good old days, before the noob side, before the loss of knowledge, this was an ontopic forum and we all had a great time and were excellent friends.

However, do not de-rail this topic now, it is one of the few things that have survived the noobs and it should not be discarded. I have fond memories of this thread and many of the other old threads, just let them die in peace please.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 12:22 AM
Click here to Send Lord Darkstar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Darkstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth
Ranger

Originally posted by Lord Darkstar
Actually this isn't, back in the good old days, before the noob side, before the loss of knowledge, this was an ontopic forum and we all had a great time and were excellent friends.

However, do not de-rail this topic now, it is one of the few things that have survived the noobs and it should not be discarded. I have fond memories of this thread and many of the other old threads, just let them die in peace please.
Oh I wasn't "de-railing" this topic. Just suprised that it lasted this long. Actually I'm quite glad that there's a good topic filled with vigor.

P.S. I too am nostalgic for the good old days, where there were threads filled with logic instead of pure idiocy...

For Fritos.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 01:53 AM
Click here to Send Stealth a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calvs
Kommunist

Originally posted by Lord Darkstar

11 months doesn't give you uber seniority.

Some men die under the mountain just looking for gold
Some die looking for a hand to hold

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 02:49 AM
Click here to Send calvs a Private Message Find more posts by calvs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

4 years does, though. Don't fling around the n00b term like you own the place, please. It starts fights...

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 03:51 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calvs
Kommunist

Originally posted by Captain REX
4 years does, though. Don't fling around the n00b term like you own the place, please. It starts fights...

*runs and finds shelter*

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 07:02 AM
Click here to Send calvs a Private Message Find more posts by calvs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brotz
Te Darasuum Mand'alor

Yoda defeats Darth Revan after a hard fight. Darth Revan was powerful, but he had yet to reach his peak of power (Bastila and everybody else said Revan was more powerful as the Dark Lord, but Malak confirms Redeemed Revan was far more powerful), and Yoda, while not the most exceptional lightsaber duelist ever, had a mastery of the most advanced force techniques avaliable at the time.

Revan had learned from the Trayus Academy and the Valley of the Dark Lords, among other places, but he did not have sufficient time to master his power while Yoda had 800 years.

Still, Darth Revan was the Dark Lord of the Sith in a time when there were powerful Sith like Uthar Wynn, Jorak Uln, and of course, Darth Malak. Then again, that all ended when Revan quite literally had a bad fall.........

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 11:57 AM
Click here to Send Brotz a Private Message Find more posts by Brotz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nilky

Luke is a Show Pony Jedi who can magicaly master his training in a few yrs. Revan would thrash Yoda the "Master Of the Force"

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 02:11 AM
Click here to Send Nilky a Private Message Find more posts by Nilky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calvs
Kommunist

What does Luke have to do with this?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 03:47 AM