KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Yoda vs Markka Ragnos

Yoda vs Markka Ragnos. Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Ragnos crushes yoda 8 50.00%
yoda kills Ragnos 8 50.00%
Total: 16 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Yoda vs Markka Ragnos
Started by: Darth_Rankkor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fishy

1.) Sith are patient, they take power when they can, not when it works into their schedule.

2.) Kill Ragnos and you become the Dark Lord immediately.

3.) Two stars would hurt like hell... stick out tongue

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 04:34 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sasee tiin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Fishy
3.) Two stars would hurt like hell... stick out tongue
and kill both, making a tiewink

thanks for your post Revan, good stuff thumb up

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 04:45 PM
Click here to Send sasee tiin a Private Message Find more posts by sasee tiin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

1. Sidious?

2. Have to face all his supporters and be hated by all other Sith for being a coward, or let him die on his own?

3. Lol, yeah but they would all be fried now wouldn't they?

And same to you sasee. cool

Thanks to Janus for the great Sig.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 04:46 PM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Originally posted by Emperor Revan
1. Sidious?

2. Have to face all his supporters and be hated by all other Sith for being a coward, or let him die on his own?

3. Lol, yeah but they would all be fried now wouldn't they?

And same to you sasee. cool

1.) Sidious isn't a real Sith and he was pretty much alone, as soon as he had an apprentice he started his thing, and he couldn't face them all head on he was to weak for it.

2.) He wouldn't be hated it was the Sith thing to do. Look at it like this, sleep with a dog here and everybody looks at you weird and thinks your sick. Do it in ancient greece a few thousand years ago and its an okay thing. Culture difference

3.) Well a tie is better then losing stick out tongue

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 04:55 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

1. He waited a long time, strategically planning his move. Naga may have been as well.

2. Maybe you're right but I still think the other Sith wouldn't have liked someone killing their Dark Lord who was already on the death bed.

3. True. Hope everyone's gettin off planet...

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 05:00 PM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

1.) No, you see Sidious couldn't have survived if he did it another way, neither could Sadow have... He waited becuase he had no other choice bot because he didn't want the title yet.

2.) They wouldn't have cared, its just not the Sith way. You stronger? Kill the leader take his place. Simple as that they don't care about the situation. Just look at how Malak defeated Revan, some protested most didn't. And thats with people that embraced the religion for a few years at most. Think about those that were raised like that they really wouldn't care.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 05:03 PM
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

1. I always figured by the time he got powerful enough, Ragnos was already about to die and therefore too weak.

2. Like you said, many protested but none of them were even anywhere close to Malak's power. Ludo Kressh on the other hand, rivaled Naga's power by himself.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 05:08 PM
Fishy

1.) Could be but that brings us to point two

2.) Not many a few protested most didn't care about it it was the way things go. But the protest thing wasn't what you should look at it the second part. They were only in the religion for a few years, the Sith for their entire life. The Real Sith are going to care less about that then those rip off Sith

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 05:10 PM
Darth Abominus

actually a book about the darkside, from lucas clearly states that marka ragnos was, in fact, feared, obeyed, and admired among the sith. if you haven't seen that then maybe you haven't looked up info well enough.

it also says that ragnos was a war-lord of tremendous physical power as well as a frightening grasp of the dark side.

marka ragnos took the mantle of dark lord of the sith from another dark lord of the sith named simus. he became the 9th dark lord of the sith not only by killing simus but also rose to power through a series of short, ruthless campaigns against those who opposed him.

lol, naga sadow thinking of waiting for marka ragnos to die out and then take power? sorry but that's just silly. you don't understand the sith fully then. among them, especially the sith of that time, there was no "okay i'll wait for this guy to end and then i'll take over."
in such a brutal society you took power when you could and when the opportunity presented itself. not waiting, or you'd lose your chances, and obviously sadow had a lot of hesitation in himself when it came to ragnos.

as for his sword i don't think it would slow him down at all against yoda, after all he was extremely strong and could wield that sword for god knows how long with ease, and as one grows in strength in the dark side the sith sword becomes much more powerful. one can only imagine how deadly the sith swords marka ragnos and naga sadow had were.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 11:23 PM
Click here to Send Darth Abominus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abominus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth L. Dipsit
Pimp of Good

I believe Marka Ragnos wins this. I think Yoda's extremely powerful, but I don't think he can beat Ragnos. He is brutally respected and just plain fits the profile of an exponentially powerful anomaly.

Dark Helmet: "I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate."

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 12:05 AM
Click here to Send Darth L. Dipsit a Private Message Find more posts by Darth L. Dipsit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Darkstar
Grandmaster of the AFC

I agree with the other people who have posted in favor of Marka, he is just too much for Yoda to handle. By the way Dipsit, where have you been?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 12:23 AM
Click here to Send Lord Darkstar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Darkstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth L. Dipsit
Pimp of Good

Working...

Please pardon the absence, but it's good to be back - I'm also quite pleased to know that I was missed.

Peace, friend.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 12:25 AM
Click here to Send Darth L. Dipsit a Private Message Find more posts by Darth L. Dipsit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Abominus

Originally posted by Darth Abominus

lol, naga sadow thinking of waiting for marka ragnos to die out and then take power? sorry but that's just silly. you don't understand the sith fully then. among them, especially the sith of that time, there was no "okay i'll wait for this guy to end and then i'll take over."
in such a brutal society you took power when you could and when the opportunity presented itself. not waiting, or you'd lose your chances, and obviously sadow had a lot of hesitation in himself when it came to ragnos.

after re-thinking what i said here in this paragraph i didn't choose my words right, didn't get the meaning i wanted. in any event that is the smart thing to do, in sadow's case. as strong as he was, he must've had some pretty serious doubts in his abilities against ragnos, had too much respect for him, or just down right shook in his boots at the thought of fighting his master.

good to see your darth. l dipsit!

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 12:32 AM
Click here to Send Darth Abominus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abominus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth L. Dipsit
Pimp of Good

Thanks, man!

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 12:35 AM
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

Originally posted by Darth Abominus
after re-thinking what i said here in this paragraph i didn't choose my words right, didn't get the meaning i wanted. in any event that is the smart thing to do, in sadow's case. as strong as he was, he must've had some pretty serious doubts in his abilities against ragnos, had too much respect for him, or just down right shook in his boots at the thought of fighting his master.

good to see your darth. l dipsit!

Perhaps, but like I said before, he could kill him now and face all those who don't want his as the Dark Lord, or wait for Ragnos to die, let chaos run, and then enter in a time of disorder. I think Naga is smarter than you guys give him credit for, and I'll admit that Marka is stronger than the Sith magician, but that sure doesn't mean he could beat Yoda, or that Yoda could beat Marka. We just don't know enough about Marka so therefore my vote goes to Yoda anyway.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 02:45 PM
Fishy

Originally posted by Emperor Revan
Perhaps, but like I said before, he could kill him now and face all those who don't want his as the Dark Lord, or wait for Ragnos to die, let chaos run, and then enter in a time of disorder. I think Naga is smarter than you guys give him credit for, and I'll admit that Marka is stronger than the Sith magician, but that sure doesn't mean he could beat Yoda, or that Yoda could beat Marka. We just don't know enough about Marka so therefore my vote goes to Yoda anyway.

But what if somebody else killed Ragnos, he just didn't have the change. After Ragnos died he still had to fight for the crown and he didn't win that fight, other people could have killed Ragnos as well. It wasn't really worth the risk. Sadow could never ever beat Ragnos and Sadow is more powerful then Yoda

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 02:47 PM
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

What makes you think Sadow is more powerful than Yoda?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 03:00 PM
Fishy

Blowing up stars, there is nothing that would suggest it was something like battle meditation so it would take an extreme amount of force power. Something that Yoda was good at, but Yoda sure as hell could not blow up stars

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 03:02 PM
Darth Plagues

Why would Yoda need to blow up stars? He's a Jedi Master...they defend life not destroy it. Just because he didn't do it, doesn't mean he can't.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 04:51 PM
Click here to Send Darth Plagues a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagues Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

I agree with Plagues. Not to mention Naga was using Sith magic so I don't know how much "Force" power he was using. Besides if that's his only trick it's not gonna help him fighting Yoda.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 07:24 PM