KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Overrated and Underrated

Overrated and Underrated
Started by: Arbiter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Beware, much of this is based on inferences. I might make a revised version if I get around to it.

I dont know how many Jedi followed Revan off to fight Mandalorians, but lets say it was about half. Since I also dont know the number of Jedi at the time of the Mandalorinan wars, lets say there are 5000. There were about 10000 at the time of ep1, but because of the Great Sith War, we can safely assume they only had 5000, maybe less than that even. That means 2500 followed Revan and lets say about half died in the war(bear with me). so Revan has 1250 after the war. He presumably recruits a lot I think that because one of the Masters in KOTOR (dont remember which one) said that Revans forces outnumbered them. There were 5000 Jedi 2500 Jedi left in the Order after Revans followers left so lets say 1000 of them went to follow Revan giving him 2350 and the Order 1500. Stay with me now, Revan has his people on Korriban recruit some guys(probably one or two hundred) and gives him 2500 Sith against the Orders 1500.

In KOTOR you kill probably around 300 of Malaks Sith(Revans former followers). that still leave 2200 for the Order to fight. I say that the Order did rather nicely against the Sith.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 02:38 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

Well what's the point of all this anyway? It's not like any of those Sith or Jedi could've beaten Revan.

Thanks to Janus for the great Sig.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 03:29 AM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rand al'Thor
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Beware, much of this is based on inferences. I might make a revised version if I get around to it.

I dont know how many Jedi followed Revan off to fight Mandalorians, but lets say it was about half. Since I also dont know the number of Jedi at the time of the Mandalorinan wars, lets say there are 5000. There were about 10000 at the time of ep1, but because of the Great Sith War, we can safely assume they only had 5000, maybe less than that even. That means 2500 followed Revan and lets say about half died in the war(bear with me). so Revan has 1250 after the war. He presumably recruits a lot I think that because one of the Masters in KOTOR (dont remember which one) said that Revans forces outnumbered them. There were 5000 Jedi 2500 Jedi left in the Order after Revans followers left so lets say 1000 of them went to follow Revan giving him 2350 and the Order 1500. Stay with me now, Revan has his people on Korriban recruit some guys(probably one or two hundred) and gives him 2500 Sith against the Orders 1500.

In KOTOR you kill probably around 300 of Malaks Sith(Revans former followers). that still leave 2200 for the Order to fight. I say that the Order did rather nicely against the Sith.

Actually around Revan's time I belive there were close to 40,000 maybe 35,000 Jedi. Half the Order was decimated in The Exar Kun War and Revan took close to 1/5 of the remaining Jedi with him. The reason there is only 10,000 Jedi during the era of the movies is because the Jedi had been nearly wiped out a thousand years before by Khann. The reason there were so many Jedi in Revan's time compaired to the era of the movies is because the Order before the New Sith Wars had about 15,000 years to develop.

Of course this only personal opinon. cool

Duty is heavier than a mountain death lighter than a feather.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 03:47 AM
Click here to Send Rand al'Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Rand al'Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Great Vengeance

Originally posted by Emperor Revan
Well what's the point of all this anyway? It's not like any of those Sith or Jedi could've beaten Revan.

Or malak for that matter.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 04:02 AM
Click here to Send Great Vengeance a Private Message Find more posts by Great Vengeance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Originally posted by Fishy
Revan killed the most powerful of them... Masters on the Rakatan homeworld, Malak Bandon hundreds of others. The Siths greatest assasins that went to face Revan all died by Revan.... What did the order finish except for some weak remaining Jedi that really don't matter all that much. Besides after Revan and Malak were both gone with one dead the Sith had no new ruler. Meaning countless of battles amongst the Stih themselves to decide a new ruler. The most powerful Sith were killed by Revan or by other Sith.. All the Jedi had to do was finish off the weaker ones. And they far from finished that.

What he said about the Order doing nothing during the war prompted me to do it.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 04:28 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Djnannadaddy
Man do i got da munchies

Under-rated:

1. Obi-wan: Who would have thought he would sumhow beat "The Chosen One" Anakin

2. Qui-con-: Cant really think of a particular reason, i just think he is

3. Vader: He should have just crushed Palpatine & ran the empire instead of being a pawn

4. Palpatine: Well he turned "The Chosen One" against the Jedi, manipulated the Republic & The Senate, created an Empire from it, played Mace for a fool(making him think he was weakening), goes toe to toe with Yoda, uses Dooku as a sucker, undermines the clones from the Jedi, tricks Anakin into thinkin he could save Padme's life

5. Darth Sion: He slept with vibroblades, could regenerate himself, just a plain & simple bad-ass...he just wanted to kill

Over-rated:

1. Revan: sure he was good, but with everyone talkin all bout him, it just over-rates him

2. NJO Luke: same as Revan

3. Anakin: "The Chosen One" yet he couldnt beat Obi-Wan?.....wassupwitdat........ ?

4. Yoda: was he strong in the force..........yes, did he give Palpaltine all he could handle? yes & no.....he bought Obi-Wan time to defeat Anakin, but he could have gotten his saber back & finished off Palpatine, but chose not ......y?

5. Bastilia: Dunno y, but she justs sticks in my head as over-rated

Last edited by Djnannadaddy on Jul 8th, 2005 at 04:47 AM

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 04:44 AM
Click here to Send Djnannadaddy a Private Message Find more posts by Djnannadaddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Originally posted by darthrevan89
Actually around Revan's time I belive there were close to 40,000 maybe 35,000 Jedi. Half the Order was decimated in The Exar Kun War and Revan took close to 1/5 of the remaining Jedi with him. The reason there is only 10,000 Jedi during the era of the movies is because the Jedi had been nearly wiped out a thousand years before by Khann. The reason there were so many Jedi in Revan's time compaired to the era of the movies is because the Order before the New Sith Wars had about 15,000 years to develop.

Of course this only personal opinon. cool

The Great Hyperspace War probably took out a lot of the Jedi a thousand years earlier. 2000 years before the GHW there was the hundred year darkness. I currently dont know of any information on this other than it was 7000 years before the battle of Yavin. I think I read somewhere that the Jedi led society through it, but that may have been about something else. You can presume that namy Jedi were lost during the Hundred Year Darkness. Also, after the New Sith War, there were still many Jedi. It is just that all of the Jedi on Ruusan were wiped out. Well, maybe not because because the Republic was essentialy wiped out after this battle, but it if you look at it from how Luk's Acdemy was going, there must have still been a good number left after the war.

Please correct me if I have any wrong figures.

Luke had 100 by the start of the Yuuzhan Vong war. This is about 23 B.B.Y.. He formed the Academy about eight years B.B.Y. I believe. (I'm out of town and dont have access to my usual refrence material, so this is all by memory and it therefor somewhat unreliable.) That leaves about 15 years for 100 Jedi. This isnt Jedi Knights, by the way, about half are still probably about equal to a Old Republic Youngling except without a lightsaber. That leaves about 50 KNights in 15 years or about 3 Knights per year. over a thousand year period that makes only 3000 Jedi Knights. Since most of those were still in the first half of their life that makes about 6000 Jedi Knights. Since the more Jedi there are to teach, the more are trained, if the Jedi had wanted to they could probably have around 20000 by the start of the Clone Wars, but probably felt no need to become so numerous. I think that the KOTOR-era Jedi probably were only around 10000 also, maybe 15000.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 04:50 AM
Rand al'Thor
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good points I never thought of.

Duty is heavier than a mountain death lighter than a feather.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 05:17 AM
Click here to Send Rand al'Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Rand al'Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
The Great Hyperspace War probably took out a lot of the Jedi a thousand years earlier. 2000 years before the GHW there was the hundred year darkness. I currently dont know of any information on this other than it was 7000 years before the battle of Yavin. I think I read somewhere that the Jedi led society through it, but that may have been about something else. You can presume that namy Jedi were lost during the Hundred Year Darkness. Also, after the New Sith War, there were still many Jedi. It is just that all of the Jedi on Ruusan were wiped out. Well, maybe not because because the Republic was essentialy wiped out after this battle, but it if you look at it from how Luk's Acdemy was going, there must have still been a good number left after the war.

Please correct me if I have any wrong figures.

Luke had 100 by the start of the Yuuzhan Vong war. This is about 23 B.B.Y.. He formed the Academy about eight years B.B.Y. I believe. (I'm out of town and dont have access to my usual refrence material, so this is all by memory and it therefor somewhat unreliable.) That leaves about 15 years for 100 Jedi. This isnt Jedi Knights, by the way, about half are still probably about equal to a Old Republic Youngling except without a lightsaber. That leaves about 50 KNights in 15 years or about 3 Knights per year. over a thousand year period that makes only 3000 Jedi Knights. Since most of those were still in the first half of their life that makes about 6000 Jedi Knights. Since the more Jedi there are to teach, the more are trained, if the Jedi had wanted to they could probably have around 20000 by the start of the Clone Wars, but probably felt no need to become so numerous. I think that the KOTOR-era Jedi probably were only around 10000 also, maybe 15000.

You seem to forget one thing here...

How many Jedi did Luke want to recruite? How much recruiters did he have walking around? How many people still accepted the force as a mayor part in their live? And more importantly after just facing Sidious how many would send their children to the Academy when the Jedi were hated.

During Kotor times or just before there were probably more recruiters, more people that liked the Jedi, more people that would want their child to become a Jedi.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 04:34 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I don't think the parents want their kids to go to become a Jedi unless their living conditions or something is horrible and they want their kid to have a better life.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 04:56 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Originally posted by General Zodiac
I don't think the parents want their kids to go to become a Jedi unless their living conditions or something is horrible and they want their kid to have a better life.

Every parent wants whats best for their kid, from what I have seen force sensitive children are going to be hard to raise. Parents would realise that their best option is to give the child to the Jedi Order. Yes a lot would not do so, but more would at that time then just after the rule of Sidious. And then there are still the Jedi that would explore a world where force sensitives are around see the child and "convince" the parents to give the child to the Jedi Order. More so then after Sidious.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 05:30 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Clawed The Bum
that is complete crap becuase yoda wasn't servign the republic any more. omg that is crap. it smells like it. it sounds like it. yoda lost. there is a card game called star wars trivia and on one of the cards (# 252 i think) it says who LOST the battle in the senate room. It says YODA.( thanx to DAN the MAn for info i love you) sidiuos is very underated. he fooled all the jedi from under their noses. he controls the strings of darth vadar. darth vadar was his puppet. he lost to mace on purpose he could of easily killed him. he did force lightning. if he did force push instead boom mace would of flew out the window and died. he scarred himself on purpose. to look weak. omg omg omg omg omg that was the biggest crap i saw at in these forums EVA.
SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! Every single post you make you sound more like some New York white trash stereotype. "omg that is crap. it smells like it. it sounds like it" What are you? Eleven? Jesus titty ****hing Christ! omg omg omg omg omg omg omg, you're a goddamn, obnoxious, dumbass. So just SHUT UP! GOD!

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 03:59 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Sounds like SS to me.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 04:02 AM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

Originally posted by General Zodiac
Sounds like SS to me.

you know you're right he does

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 05:27 AM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Creator
A being beyond power

Darth Maul, Jango, Boba are all extremly underrated

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 07:18 PM
Click here to Send The Creator a Private Message Find more posts by The Creator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Count Dooku is underrated all because he was killed in ROTS when he was suppose to be defeated.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 07:19 PM
jpsmith5

Overrated and Underrated

Before I post my opinion on who's overrated and underrated I'am going to admit that I'am a huge Yoda fan. But majority of you will probably be angered by what I will post so here it is.

Overrated: Yoda- simply because he's wise and revered doesn't make him all powerful and a god. Remember he failed to destroy or defeat Dooku in AOTC. From my understanding he failed his objective in the Sidious duel but I still think it to be a draw and from what we know Yoda with a jedi task force was defeated on Dathomir by the witches trying to regain the ship chu'unthor. If he was this all powerful being than he wouldn't have failed this much.

Underrated: Obi-Wan Kenobi- the poster boy of the jedi council and the hero of the Clone Wars. I think his lightsaber skills are highly underrated but some will say no simply because he was defeated by Dooku but Dooku was no slouch in my opinion. Secondly, I would say that Obi-Wan was probably the embodiment of what a jedi should be. Thirdly, why would Yoda hold Obi-Wan in such high esteem if he wasn't that good.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 09:13 PM
Click here to Send jpsmith5 a Private Message Find more posts by jpsmith5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Plus why the council send Obi-Wan to kill Grievous if he sucked?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 09:28 PM
gideongarner01

Most overrated is easily darth shitious.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2019 11:58 PM
Click here to Send gideongarner01 a Private Message Find more posts by gideongarner01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote