KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Overrated and Underrated

Overrated and Underrated
Started by: Arbiter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
Overrated-revan-His powers are not nearly as good as everyone says..I mean he would died to that starship blast if not for the mercy of the jedi.

Overrated-NJO luke-He is defeated by a dathromir witch, almost killed by shimmra if not for jacens healing, his spirit torn from his body by the spirit of exar kun, completely knocked out by sekot, and lost in a sparring match with leia and intellectually owned by vergere. He is not as great as everyoen thinks.

Overrated-Marka ragnos- He reigned for 200 years..impressive but he had no one of significance to challenge him and when he came back and possessed that sith master in jedi acedemy he was defeated by jaden korr..

Overrated-Yoda-People make excuses for him but the fact is he lost to sidious and would probably lose to vader as well thats why he didnt kill him himself.

Underrated-Vader-He lost some of his that he had as anakin but makes up for it with experience and dark side power, he is stronger as vader than anakin and could only lose at that time to luke or palpatine.

underrated-Palpatine-He did nto lsoe to mace, he is a master manipulator and simply manipulated mace to benefit him in turning anakin, once that was done he easily tossed mace out the window. And he did defeat yoda, yoda himself says"failed I have" it doesnt get any clearer than that.

underrated-dooku-He did not lose to anakin, he was manipulated by palpatine to "lose" to anakin and if anakin tried to kill dooku he would step in ofcourse he did not. dooku was almsot as strong as sidious himself as he has already defeated mace before and held off yoda.

Shimera is really powerful. Imagine the Dark Lord of the Sith of another species. He is overratd though, just not as much as you say.

She was a member of a Cult. They werent powerful force users because Jaden, a padawon was able to kill hundreds of them. They were basiclly soilders with Lightsabers. Wikipedia also says that Ragnos' spirit was so powerful that is destroyed her body to a large degree before they even fought. He also wasn't even CHALLENGED by Naga Sadow on his DEATHBED. I could kill anyone on their deathbed pretty much, but a guy who can destroy stars, which didnt even take him along time to do or any help from others, was afraid to fight him on his DEATHBED.

The OT Vader is underrated, the PT one isnt.

Your overrating Palpatine. He wouldnt put himself in that kind of a situation to get a new apprentice. He lost to Yoda. He kept running away. He was clearly beaten in force skills. Yoda was more powerful, he just lost his lightsaber, had a lot of clones coming, and wasn't trying to kill him. I dont think he wanted another Civil War, the death of Palpatine at that time would have destroyed the Republic, a war worse than the Clone Wars would have ensued, plus, Palpatine was keeping the clones in line. He fought horribly in ep3. Yoda just wanted to give Obi-wan time to kill Anakin. He failed because he was unable to delay Sidious from getting to Anakin untill Anakin died if Obi-wan was unable to finish him.

Imagine the clones doing as they pleased. Imagine A civil war in the Republic with clones doing as they please. This is what would have happened if Yoda had killed Sidious. Yoda doesnt want this. He knows Anakin could become more powerful than him, so he tries to have Obi-wan kill him. Yoda was the council head and look at how easily Mace beat Sidious. Yes, he beat him. Sidious wouldnt go into that position for Anakin to join him. He had the clones. He was leader of the Republic. There was plenty of time to get a new apprentice with the Jedi out of the way. He was living large at that point.

I agree with you on Dooku. He was just pretending to loose. Look at the way he fights from ep2 to ep3. It greatly declines in ep3. When Sidious tell Anakin to kill him, he thinks to himself in the book, "Treachery is the way of the Sith". He could have beaten Anakin.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 06:50 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

Overrated: Marka Ragnos, Naga Sadow, Tulak Hord, Darth Nihilus, Darth Bandon. Knowing one thing about them doesn't make them all powerful.

Underrated: Darth Revan merely because many refuse to believe his power like Fishy said. Many rate him just fine.

Underrated: ROTJ Luke, Darth Maul, Bastila.

Thanks to Janus for the great Sig.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 04:04 PM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Commander Duck
The Expendable Jedi

Somebody who is way overrated is Jar-Jar Binks. I mean that's really saying something cause I know that we would all would like to strangle him to death. We should hate him MORE!!!!! Muhahahahaha!!!!

*yawns*.....

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 04:18 PM
Click here to Send Commander Duck a Private Message Find more posts by Commander Duck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clawed The Bum
Back In Black

force push would of killed mace windu. i can't bieleve you can't see that. sidiuos is greater then mace when it comes to the force. if you are too aragont to see that and admit it then i won't argue with. there would be no point in it. i would lose (notice the quote)

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 05:14 PM
Click here to Send Clawed The Bum a Private Message Find more posts by Clawed The Bum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

Too arrogant? I listed several reasons and you haven't listed any so I would say you're stubborn.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 03:07 AM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Emperor Revan, I agree with you on your underrated ones, but Marka is underrated also. The reason that Jaden was able to defeat him was because he was so powerful he was destroying her body just by posesing it. She would have died soon anyway. If I can find the link I'll post it.

Bandon is underrated also. He basicly became what Darm Maul was in ep1. He was the second most powerful in the Sith Empire at that time. He had killed tons of Jedi also. I know you like Revan, so I think you will agree with him being easy from that point of view.

Tulak is about rightly rated by most I think, but Nihilus is very overrated. He isnt able to eat people in one second, it takes time. The more powerful the perosn, the longer it takes. Naga Sadow is also about right, maybe even underrated. He destroyed a star without hours of meditation or help from some weird staff or anything. He just blew it up. That relects on the rest of his power.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 04:54 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Great Vengeance

Bandon was a real sissy IMHO.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 05:02 AM
Click here to Send Great Vengeance a Private Message Find more posts by Great Vengeance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Well, your wrong. He was fighting Revan for petesake. Even Luke or Yoda would lose to Revan.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 05:17 AM
Darth Somebody

Overrated: NJO Luke. He's Luke Skywalker. And the son of the Chosen One. But he's not a damn god. Last time I checked, he could still get hurt and he still had weaknesses. He's easily one of the most powerful people in Star Wars - but don't treat him like he's invincible.

Overrated: Revan. Revan has been compared to NJO Luke by multple people and is considered to be the Sith god. Yep, he was very smart. Yep, he was a very powerful Sith Lord. But in terms of accomplishments, he gets his ass handed to him by Palpatine.

Overrated: Yoda in any Yoda vs. Sidious duel.

Underrated: Yoda in any Revan vs. Revan duel.

Overrated: Palpatine. This guy was smarter than any Sith Lord before him, and was the only one to accomplish the Sith's goals. ONLY person. Revan didn't do it. Exar didn't. Marka didn't. Palpatine did. ONLY Palpatine.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 05:29 AM
Click here to Send Darth Somebody a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Somebody Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Underrated: That guy in AOTC that was selling death sticks. He was the strongest in the galaxy.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 03:01 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

Originally posted by Darth Somebody
Overrated: NJO Luke. He's Luke Skywalker. And the son of the Chosen One. But he's not a damn god. Last time I checked, he could still get hurt and he still had weaknesses. He's easily one of the most powerful people in Star Wars - but don't treat him like he's invincible.

Overrated: Revan. Revan has been compared to NJO Luke by multple people and is considered to be the Sith god. Yep, he was very smart. Yep, he was a very powerful Sith Lord. But in terms of accomplishments, he gets his ass handed to him by Palpatine.

Overrated: Palpatine. This guy was smarter than any Sith Lord before him, and was the only one to accomplish the Sith's goals. ONLY person. Revan didn't do it. Exar didn't. Marka didn't. Palpatine did. ONLY Palpatine.

you do realize that revan wasn't tryin to rule the galaxy, or take it over for "The Sith" but to build it up to save the entire galaxy from what he believed a more pwerful threat. and ya some people do look at revan and overrate him a ton but he accomplished alot and it was impressive to say the least no way in hell sidious could have done that.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 04:24 PM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Commander Duck
The Expendable Jedi

Originally posted by General Zodiac
Underrated: That guy in AOTC that was selling death sticks. He was the strongest in the galaxy.

eek!

He sells some good death sticks alright... smokin'

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 05:08 PM
Click here to Send Commander Duck a Private Message Find more posts by Commander Duck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Great Vengeance

Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Well, your wrong. He was fighting Revan for petesake. Even Luke or Yoda would lose to Revan.

Firstly bandon wasnt fighting a full power revan, revan was still regaining his power, and second I believe yoda and perhaps luke would slaughter revan.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 05:20 PM
Click here to Send Great Vengeance a Private Message Find more posts by Great Vengeance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Well, the first step on the road to recovery is admitting it.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 05:24 PM
Great Vengeance

Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
you do realize that revan wasn't tryin to rule the galaxy, or take it over for "The Sith" but to build it up to save the entire galaxy from what he believed a more pwerful threat. and ya some people do look at revan and overrate him a ton but he accomplished alot and it was impressive to say the least no way in hell sidious could have done that.

Why defend the galaxy at all if its going to be messed up with the sith in control...revan is misguided I guess. Oh and sidious would have no trouble at all taking control of the galaxy if he lived in that time period, no need for stealth he would just walk in to the jedi council and kill all the jedi himself because from what Ive seen jedi were weak back then. The only trouble he would face is perhaps vandar but still hes no yoda.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 05:27 PM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Jedi were more powerful back then. You are seeing it from a different point of view. Revan's eyes are your eyes in this game.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 06:38 PM
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

Originally posted by Darth Somebody

Revan has less accomplishments than Palpatine? Yeah right. Palpatine conquered the galaxy by controlling the Republic and turning it, he didn't fight the Republic. Revan fought and defeated the Republic with his army. He had the galaxy at his feet but left to fight the ancient Sith empire. In either case, how would that help either of them in a fight? This is a versus forum, not who can conquer the Republic.

Revan has the highest level of Battle precog, has the Will power to resist the Dark side of an entire planet that no one else (not even Kreia) could resist, controlled a star, is perhaps the greatest tactician ever, has enormously high potential, plunders all the knowledge he could from the Jedi temples, he plundered tombs, relics, artifacts, and knowledge from a planet sized Sith storehouse of knowledge, learned dozens of ways to kill or turn Jedi/Sith, fights for 6 years straight as the leader of one of the main forces in the two different wars against powerful opponents, killing Mandalore and the strongest Echani, and was considered by Kreia (Revan's mentor who could kill three Jedi council members at the same time with one use of the Force) to be the heart of the Force.

Then he loses all that power and becomes a Jedi again, he plunders Korriban, including the tombs of four very powerful dark lords, gaining their artifacts, learning from Tulak's holocron, killing two tarentateks at the same time by himself when just one could easily kill a Jedi, he killed everyone in a Sith academy that he started, he killed the best bounty hunter at that time, a Sith Lord, he killed hundreds of dark Jedi and assassin droids, defeated and killed his apprentice Darth Malak at least twice in a row, and became even stronger than he was during his first reign (first paragraph).

Then he recovers all his memories and knowledge from Malachor V, the Jedi temples, etc. increasing his power greatly from the second paragraph, before he goes to fight the ancient Sith empire single handedly.

Now Palpy can't compete with those accomplishments in terms of power, not controlling the galaxy.

Oh, and I loved how you defended Palpatine right after you said he was overrated.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 06:40 PM
Great Vengeance

Well, the first step on the road to recovery is admitting it.

Exactly..

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 06:51 PM
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

Emperor Revan, I agree with you on your underrated ones, but Marka is underrated also. The reason that Jaden was able to defeat him was because he was so powerful he was destroying her body just by posesing it. She would have died soon anyway. If I can find the link I'll post it.

Bandon is underrated also. He basicly became what Darm Maul was in ep1. He was the second most powerful in the Sith Empire at that time. He had killed tons of Jedi also. I know you like Revan, so I think you will agree with him being easy from that point of view.

Tulak is about rightly rated by most I think, but Nihilus is very overrated. He isnt able to eat people in one second, it takes time. The more powerful the perosn, the longer it takes. Naga Sadow is also about right, maybe even underrated. He destroyed a star without hours of meditation or help from some weird staff or anything. He just blew it up. That relects on the rest of his power.

1. Jaden defeated Tavion/Ragnos pretty quick. It was because of Jaden destroying the scepter that released all the Force energy that Ragnos had no power and Tavion's body couldn't withstand that. If your body was holding a huge amount of energy and a spirit and both were suddenly snapped off then your body couldn't take it and would shut down.

Next, Ragnos hasn't done anything whereas Revan for instance we can list a page of his accomplishments.

2. Bandon had less than a year of training from Malak. Yes he killed some Jedi but look at the Sith apprentices from the Star Forge, three of them killed 3 Jedi. And like someone else said, Revan was at maybe a third of his power or something like that. He still had the rest of that planet, the Leviathan, another planet, the unknown world, the Star Forge, and his full memories to come back before he reached his full power. I'm not saying Bandon's a wuss, he could probably kill some Jedi masters but I don't think he can compare to Darth Maul who was trained from birth to be a Sith Lord.

3. I think Tulak is too high because it's just one person saying he's good. Kreia sure as hell didn't know Tulak and we haven't seen Tulak do anything. Sure he's got to be somewhat strong, but rating him as one of the most powerful ever, like in the top ten is ridiculous IMO. I agree with you about Nihilus but Naga used Sith magic to destroy the star, so I don't know how much Force power that would take. Next, it didn't help him much in his fight against Ludo. Again, I'm not saying any of these guys are weak, but I don't think they should be rated in the top 10 for instance with the possible exception of Ragnos who should in turn, be at the bottom of it.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 06:51 PM
Great Vengeance

Jedi were more powerful back then.

Anything to back up that statement? Yoda has been time and time again said to be the greatest jedi of all time and Kreia killed 3 or their "masters" so easily it was pathetic.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 06:55 PM