KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Fanstic Four Movie vs. Batman Begins movie.

Fanstic Four Movie vs. Batman Begins movie.
Started by: 8bitChris

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

Fanstic Four Movie vs. Batman Begins movie.

I just saw an early screening of Fantastic Four last night and I can definately say that I, personally, enjoyed FF much more than BB.

My only worthwhile complaint with FF was some of the casting. I thought Dr. Doom was off, but I really couldn't picture Dr. Doom acting in the movies like he does in the comics. That would have added a serious cheese factor. So I guess they did as best they could with him.

I think of Susan Storm as motherly...so Jessica Alba wouldn't have been my first choice to play her. But she is hot, so that didn't really bother me that much.

The effects in the movie are awesome.

Stan Lee had his cameo.

The jokes are a little too superfluous, but they are all jokes that made me laugh, which is good.

The most impressive thing to me was the creative ways they came up using the FFs powers. Watch the movie and you'll see what I mean.

It's not like X-men where everything is pretty much a Wolverine movie, all characters had there on going subplots and it all came together pretty entertainingly.

It's like not pretending to be dark and moody, but still for little kids at the same time like BB. FF is just a feel good movie.

I vote for FF. Anyone else seen it yet?

Oh and yes, Johnny Storm does have the ability to go super-nova in the movie.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 08:25 PM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dawsey28

Thanks again for the review.

But that probably could have went in here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...s+batman+begins

quote:
The most impressive thing to me was the creative ways they came up using the FFs powers. Watch the movie and you'll see what I mean

I was hoping for that. I am going to watch it Friday.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 08:32 PM
dawsey28 is currently offline Click here to Send dawsey28 a Private Message Find more posts by dawsey28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

I too saw an early screening of Fantastic Four. It was great. I liked it. Torch was the most impressive in terms of power imo... But all in all I liked it better than Batman. Don't get me wrong, I loved the Batman movie, but I liked this one slightly better.

Fantastic Four

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 09:04 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dawsey28

Two thought the movie was better than Batman?

I am pumped now. I can't wait to see it!!!

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 09:11 PM
dawsey28 is currently offline Click here to Send dawsey28 a Private Message Find more posts by dawsey28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord-of-Dreams
pimpin member

Me neither!!! But I say Batman should beat out any superhero movie. It was really the ultimate Comic movie. It goes right into the pages of the comic and shows os the pretty pictures and good speeches. It did just as it should. Good luck, FF. Looks pretty good, but Doom is really pissing me off!! Whats the plot?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 09:22 PM
Lord-of-Dreams is currently offline Click here to Send Lord-of-Dreams a Private Message Find more posts by Lord-of-Dreams Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
supremthor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord-of-Dreams
Me neither!!! But I say Batman should beat out any superhero movie. It was really the ultimate Comic movie. It goes right into the pages of the comic and shows os the pretty pictures and good speeches. It did just as it should. Good luck, FF. Looks pretty good, but Doom is really pissing me off!! Whats the plot?

took the words right out of my mouth.............

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 02:39 AM
supremthor is currently offline Click here to Send supremthor a Private Message Find more posts by supremthor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

"Me neither!!! But I say Batman should beat out any superhero movie. It was really the ultimate Comic movie. "

I disagree. Batman didn't do anything revolutionary at all. I can't remember any fresh ideas BB brought to the game. It was just well done. I don't see it as the ultimate anything. I still think the first Teenage Mutant NInja Turtles movie was the best comic book movie ever. That's just my own personal bias though.

FF was a good start to a franchise. It didn't have any underlaying evil scheme about destroying a city or taking over the world like every other comic book movie in existence. It was a movie about the characters. FF did a good job with that.

Doop Lives...

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 05:35 AM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Timslar
Undead

The camera guy was a spaz during the fights in Batman Begins. I liked the movie in general, but that's such a big flaw. That's who Batman is...

Did anyone else think that the fights were horribly seen?

From what I saw of Fantastic Four..I'd say it wins.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 05:54 AM
Timslar is currently offline Click here to Send Timslar a Private Message Find more posts by Timslar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dawsey28

You are definitely not alone.

I was annoyed during the fight scenes from Batman Begins. It was not the camera man's fault though. The scenes were purposely done like that.

I'm sure someone will come in here and defend it, but no matter what they say, I was still annoyed during the fight scenes.

quote:
The most impressive thing to me was the creative ways they came up using the FFs powers. Watch the movie and you'll see what I mean.

If 8bitChris is saying that FF has creative fight scenes, then I think FF fight scenes may be better. That is if he is talking about fight scenes or not.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 06:07 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

Originally posted by Timslar
The camera guy was a spaz during the fights in Batman Begins. I liked the movie in general, but that's such a big flaw. That's who Batman is...

Did anyone else think that the fights were horribly seen?

Me. I got zero enjoyment out of the fights in Begins.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 06:39 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

When the FF do fight, they are pretty creative with their powers. However, I was talking about the creative use of their powers throughout the whole movie. smile

Doop Lives...

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 06:44 AM
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

I'm gonna give my "vote" to F4 (cos I'm anticipating a lot of Batman Begins support). Saw it today (not an early screening just geography big grin) not expecting much and was pleasantly surprised. It's hard to compare the two movies because they're so different, but as far as enjoyability goes I'll say I enjoyed F4 more.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 08:48 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Batman Begins eats FF movie and it's thousand times better movie than FF.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 09:40 AM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Not a VS thread.

Moving.

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 09:52 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dawsey28

Originally posted by Xplosive
Batman Begins eats FF movie and it's thousand times better movie than FF.

Have you seen Fantastic Four yet?

And if you have, maybe you'd care to elaborate on why Batman Begins is better.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 10:19 AM
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dawsey28
Have you seen Fantastic Four yet?

And if you have, maybe you'd care to elaborate on why Batman Begins is better.

Batman Begins has better story, better developmetn of characters, far more serious, better atmosphere, better direction, better script or in other words, far better dilagues. But I give FF plus that is more entertaining and better action sequences (which is loggical that it will have since is supernatural). You may like FF more, but everyone will reailze that BB is far better movie, and I liked BB far more.

Here are also reveiws also:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/fantastic_four/

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 10:25 AM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord-of-Dreams
pimpin member

I haven't seen FF so...

But I am expecting FF to be a more 'go out and wath with the friends then go buy a pizza and video games' kind of movie. BB was a very serious movie. It was made to fix the mistakes the previous four movies made. It was there to say: 'Batman is there because...' 'his role in Gotham is...' 'it's "Bat"man because...' and such...
Yea, the fights were pretty annoying to start, but I didn't really mind it after the first few fights. It was (IMO) to put you in the badguy's shoes. What he would be seeing (until he blacked out...) And it aids the dark atmosphere.
I call BB the ultimate because it did exactly what the comics did. It was a very good flick, just not if you're looking for special effects and all that fun stuff...
I'm seeing FF tommorrow so... You can start listening to me then...

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 03:17 PM
Lord-of-Dreams is currently offline Click here to Send Lord-of-Dreams a Private Message Find more posts by Lord-of-Dreams Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

Newsarama and Buzzscope gave FF good reviews.

Doop Lives...

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 05:15 PM
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

I didn't go to FF to see a serious moody movie though, that's what Batman Begins was for. I went to it to see purely for entertainment not deep dark themes... and it was entertaining. It was a nice change from the ultramoody take-themselves-too-seriously-sometimes comic book films, which seem to be the only ones these days.

(NB I would say that FF will probably suffer from a post-"Incredibles power rip-off" effect)

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 05:33 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
(NB I would say that FF will probably suffer from a post-"Incredibles power rip-off" effect)

Your actually right which is very unfortunte considering the fact that the original FF were created nearly 44 years ago in 1961. Only to be ripped off by Disney/Pixar and it's writers in an attempt to cash in on the superhero craze which in result affects the the FF film's profits and ultimate box office outcome. The second element that will take away a substantial amount of money from FF is War of the Worlds which grossed $112,744,353 million during it's first five days of release. As a direct cause of Worlds continued success the Fantastic Four will be out of a minimum of $20,000,000 million additional amount this upcoming weekend.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 07:23 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote