KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Let's Twist Again ...

Let's Twist Again ...
Started by: Ahnold

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
silver_tears

It's a simple fact then yes

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 06:55 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

that you fail when you stop trying?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 06:57 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

No, that you could never completely replace someone so much better than you, true in relationships too thumb up

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 07:06 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well, it was forced and at least Desmond went out the right way

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 07:15 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

agreed

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 07:18 PM
yerssot

that's better!

how about Maydays sudden change? what a twist... right around the neck wink

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 07:41 PM
silver_tears

oh you're just hilarious stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 07:46 PM
yerssot

well, be happy I wasn't talking about the Bottums Up club

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 08:04 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Hmmm - this is interesting: the last thread I made before my unexpected departure. Whilst I perhaps would have preferred not to have "abandoned" this thread for six months, that at least, I suppose, gives people a chance to really get the discussion going - as has thankfully been the case here!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by yerssot
One of the twists I liked was Alec 'rising' from the dead and becoming Janus, 'cause you saw Ouromov with his gun practically against his head - no escape possible. I thought the main enemy would just be Xenia and Ouromov and not Alec...

With DAD I saw it coming more since they did that trick in GE

Originally posted by silver_tears
I also didn't see the Elektra King thing happening embarrasment

Originally posted by silver_tears
I liked the bit in Goldeneye where he had to ask Valentin {who is a favourite character of mine to boot} for help. Wasn't expecting that; neither was he laughing out loud

{Ahnold nods head in agreement} Some excellent suggestions there - particularly the one about Elektra King - didn't see that one coming at all. It's not like the producers to have TWO major bad guys in a Bond movie {i.e. her AND renard}, so her being evil was a nice twist.

But about the Alec twist - to be honest, I wasn't TOO suprised when I found out that he'd faked his own death {after all, the bullet could easily have been a blank}; after the way they built him up in the pre-credits sequence, I had a nagging suspicion that Alec would turn up again. Heh - yeah, yeah I know; everyone says that they figured out the twist long AFTER having seen the movie. It's that whole 'Bruce Willis in the 6th Sense' thang all over again stick out tongue ...

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 11:32 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

And I gotta disagree with ya there, yerss, on one thing; even though I saw "GE" long before I saw "DAD", that Gustav Graves thing still completely threw me. Sure, Colonel's Moon death at the start of the film seemed a bit abrupt and suspicious, but I never would have guessed about him having not only survived, but also receiving plastic surgery ...

To be honest, though, like most of "DAD", though this twist really did surprise me, I felt it was more silly than shocking ...

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 11:36 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

he got Gene-therapy, not plastic surgery ... or is that your way of trying to diminish the crappy influences? wink
Originally posted by Ahnold
Hmmm - this is interesting: the last thread I made before my unexpected departure. Whilst I perhaps would have preferred not to have "abandoned" this thread for six months, that at least, I suppose, gives people a chance to really get the discussion going - as has thankfully been the case here!

{Ahnold nods head in agreement} Some excellent suggestions there - particularly the one about Elektra King - didn't see that one coming at all. It's not like the producers to have TWO major bad guys in a Bond movie {i.e. her AND renard}, so her being evil was a nice twist.

But about the Alec twist - to be honest, I wasn't TOO suprised when I found out that he'd faked his own death {after all, the bullet could easily have been a blank}; after the way they built him up in the pre-credits sequence, I had a nagging suspicion that Alec would turn up again. Heh - yeah, yeah I know; everyone says that they figured out the twist long AFTER having seen the movie. It's that whole 'Bruce Willis in the 6th Sense' thang all over again stick out tongue ...

well, my idea was that Bond would go on a new revenge-mission like he did in LTK, trying to get a bullet through the general, revenging 006

Old Post Dec 24th, 2005 11:25 PM