KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » List characters that SHOULD NOT be used in a versus matchup

List characters that SHOULD NOT be used in a versus matchup
Started by: masterbruce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Starscream M

List characters that SHOULD NOT be used in a versus matchup

and explain why they shouldn't.

Off the top of my head, I would nominate Flash, Doomsday and Juggernaut as the most egregious choices for a versus thread.

Flash, at the height of his powers, can alter time, this makes him a God entity and not suitable for most versus matchups.

Doomsday, as has been stated countless times, is the ULTIMATE killing machine. He can't be killed permanently (perhaps only by the top level cosmic deity entities who can choose to wipe him from existence). Whatever kills him he will evolve against, so unless you have an endless variety of ultrapowerful ways to kill doomsday, EVENTUALLY you will lose PERIOD

Juggernaut cannot be defeated physically, so I think its idiotic to have him in a versus match since it usually ends with him getting knocked into space as the only workable solution.

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 05:17 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LGodamus
Unstoppable

super man that has dipped for 15k...no one even knows what he does so he should be dropped

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 05:20 AM
LGodamus is currently offline Click here to Send LGodamus a Private Message Find more posts by LGodamus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Batman, Spiderman, Superman and Wolverine etc.
To much emotional investments in these characters results in a refusal to listen to the other side. regardless of whetger or not the other side is right, or wrong.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 05:25 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Creshosk
Batman, Spiderman, Superman and Wolverine etc.
To much emotional investments in these characters results in a refusal to listen to the other side. regardless of whetger or not the other side is right, or wrong.

Amen to that.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 05:47 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

Originally posted by masterbruce
and explain why they shouldn't.

Off the top of my head, I would nominate Flash, Doomsday and Juggernaut as the most egregious choices for a versus thread.

Flash, at the height of his powers, can alter time, this makes him a God entity and not suitable for most versus matchups.

Doomsday, as has been stated countless times, is the ULTIMATE killing machine. He can't be killed permanently (perhaps only by the top level cosmic deity entities who can choose to wipe him from existence). Whatever kills him he will evolve against, so unless you have an endless variety of ultrapowerful ways to kill doomsday, EVENTUALLY you will lose PERIOD

Juggernaut cannot be defeated physically, so I think its idiotic to have him in a versus match since it usually ends with him getting knocked into space as the only workable solution.

Timetraveling isn't that big of a deal. There are a ton of people who can defeat the Flash.

Doomsday can be killed. He can be beaten. What he should NOT get, is unlimited lives for every fight.

Juggernaut is vulnerable to mindraping and forms of magic He's not undefeatable.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 05:51 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

omg u guys, u forgot about Aunt May and Alfred happy

The Word

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 05:56 AM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

High level fights cross company
No seriously, we have no idea if My force of creation is stronger or weaker than your force of creation. . . my head hauncho is stronger or weaker than your head hauncho.
There's no way to compare feats of this magnitude, so why try?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 05:58 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Galactus, Thanos, Death, Beyonder, Lucifer/Michael...all these type of people.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 06:06 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Hmmmm possibly anime characters (Unless there is a specified reason on why they are on the same level of power) all dragon-ball z characters....way to powerful.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 06:08 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Timetraveling isn't that big of a deal. There are a ton of people who can defeat the Flash.

Doomsday can be killed. He can be beaten. What he should NOT get, is unlimited lives for every fight.

Juggernaut is vulnerable to mindraping and forms of magic He's not undefeatable.

CosmicCube, good points but you have to realize the context in which these characters are generally put in. Juggernaut is almost always faced up against other powerhouses, and rarely if ever faced up against psychics or magicians. Sure, time traveling is not something unique to Flash, but virtually every matchup he's ever in, he's pretty much the only one with that ability.

You have a decent point with Doomsday though, but then it gets confusing when you have to start adding conditions into matches such as does not get unlimited lives (which is an essential part of what makes Doomsday Doomsday...thats like saying having a Hulk match but stipulating that he doesnt increase in strength as he gets angrier)

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 06:16 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Originally posted by masterbruce
CosmicCube, good points but you have to realize the context in which these characters are generally put in. Juggernaut is almost always faced up against other powerhouses, and rarely if ever faced up against psychics or magicians. Sure, time traveling is not something unique to Flash, but virtually every matchup he's ever in, he's pretty much the only one with that ability.

You have a decent point with Doomsday though, but then it gets confusing when you have to start adding conditions into matches such as does not get unlimited lives (which is an essential part of what makes Doomsday Doomsday...thats like saying having a Hulk match but stipulating that he doesnt increase in strength as he gets angrier)
Not really. . . death is a defeat. even if he'd come back later on in the future, days or months or years. . . . a death is a defeat.

Just because they can come back to life doesn't mean they get too.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 06:37 AM
Starscream M

fine Creshosk...you got me there

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 06:41 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lobo: Try to gauge his power accurately, I dare you.
This guy goes from God killer to Superman.

Mask: He is of his own universe, his power is close to omnipotent.

Anyone who hasn't been in more than 10 comics....

No yag DBZ characters.

Umm.....Anyone I deem unfit. wink

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 06:42 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

The one like Phoenix, LT, Michael, Lucifer, Thanos with HOTU and such scale...

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 07:21 AM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

"omg u guys, u forgot about Aunt May and Alfred "

Dont ever, ever write those names that shall not be named again.

Those two that i shall not name are even worse than LT and Lucifer.

About the rest, yeah why not. wink

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 09:13 AM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think Hercules shouldn't be allowed.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 09:32 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

I think that everyone who has ever appeared in a comic book shouldn't be allowed.....................

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 09:40 AM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

"I think Hercules shouldn't be allowed"

He will most surely appreciate thy concern.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 11:10 AM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dawsey28

LOL... I think this thread may get closed or moved. big grin

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 12:08 PM
dawsey28 is currently offline Click here to Send dawsey28 a Private Message Find more posts by dawsey28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solidus Snake
The General

saint of killers

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 12:32 PM
Solidus Snake is currently offline Click here to Send Solidus Snake a Private Message Find more posts by Solidus Snake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote