KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Our benevolent God is simply...awesome

Our benevolent God is simply...awesome
Started by: masterbruce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Starscream M

it is not a choice no one would make...plenty of people have sacrificed themselves for others

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 04:50 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Echuu
There are quick and painless deaths too though. If I am starving to death then the other two guys bashing my head in would be a relief to help me be free of my suffering and be united with Christ.
As for squirming under the knife...my strength would have to come from God then.

no your strength will come from you

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 04:51 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Echuu
Master Jedi

Originally posted by masterbruce
echuu, have you read the koran, tora, or various other religious texts before you made your mind up that christianity is for you?

Actually I have read some various other texts. I am not a Jew because I believe my Savior has already come. I have read parts of the Koran and I am still convinced that Jesus is my Lord and Savior(plus them allowing violence against infidels doesn't suit me). I have read about the pillars of Buddhism and still haven't been convinced. Seventh Day Adventists claimed the world was going to end various times and as the date rolled along they just bumped it up a few years. Doesn't do well for their credibility does it?

"Jesus also thought that non-believers should be stoned"------Alliance

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 04:55 AM
Echuu is currently offline Click here to Send Echuu a Private Message Find more posts by Echuu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

ok cool, you sound like a very levelheaded logical thinker

I leave you in peace

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 04:58 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

no your strength will come from you

The last answer Echuu gave was better, the first one seemed too ideal. I still think the will to survive is very strong, although there comes a time in the struggle that a person will give in for a higher cause.

What I find to be interesting is; you are blaming God for the way the world works, and that way has insured your survival, and Echuu blames man for something we have no independent control over.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 04:58 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Shakyamunison, I'm not blaming God for the way the world works at all, I was being sarcastic

I don't believe in the existence of God in the traditional sense (the benevolent creator entity)

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 05:01 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Shakyamunison, I'm not blaming God for the way the world works at all, I was being sarcastic

I don't believe in the existence of God in the traditional sense (the benevolent creator entity)

Ya, I know but there is no one to talk to, and I'm in a fysty mood.

I don't want a fight, just a spar.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 05:07 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Echuu
Master Jedi

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Ya, I know but there is no one to talk to, and I'm in a fysty mood.

I don't want a fight, just a spar.

lol

I'm off fer now guys. But Shakyamunison; how much were you selling your cds on ebay? You can pm it to me if you want.

Cya

"Jesus also thought that non-believers should be stoned"------Alliance

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 05:15 AM
Echuu is currently offline Click here to Send Echuu a Private Message Find more posts by Echuu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jacobo0o

didnt read much of quotes from other

i got a question why are u complaining of these stuff????

why are u trying to tell other people on kmc that God is bad
he doesnt exist and all that

who are u to say these things???
and why are u using sarcasm????
cannt u not just write
why did God create cancer earthquake and so on....

man cant have everything they want

they have to achieve it

Aids did God say to go around and have sex with guys and
have sex with as much women as you want??

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 08:36 AM
jacobo0o is currently offline Click here to Send jacobo0o a Private Message Find more posts by jacobo0o Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jacobo0o

there are things that gets into the way in ur goal
for every good there is evil

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 08:37 AM
jacobo0o is currently offline Click here to Send jacobo0o a Private Message Find more posts by jacobo0o Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sonnet
Angeloflight

Re: Our benevolent God is simply...awesome

since he created everything

he gave us:
cancer
AIDS
birth defects
earthquakes
tsunamis
Ebola Virus
diabetes
polio
poisons
etc
etc
etc
and so many other goodies
God sure is wonderful, I have complete FAITH in him

God's creation was perfect until Adam sinned and opened the door to, Satan. The Bibles says that satan came to destroy and kill and death and sickness is the effect that sin has on our lives. When Jesus died on the cross he did not only took our sins upon him but also paid the price for sickness. By his wounds we are healed, says the Bible. This is for all who believes God's word. So why are many Christians ill and suffer, because of sin in their lives, because they doubt God,s will in relation to healing and they lack faith. Faith is believing you are healed even though you can still see and feel the symptoms. This is very difficult for many people because the moment the symptoms are there we start to doubt. The 10 men whom Jesus healed from leprosy still looked ill after he spoke to them and sent them to show themselves to the priest. They showed faith by keep going to the town although they could see the sores on their bodies. Their bodies showed the healing before they reached the priests, but the actual healing took place when Jesus spoke the words. This is still the same toady. But some people lack that faith and then they want to blame God or say that He cannot heal etc.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 10:23 AM
sonnet is currently offline Click here to Send sonnet a Private Message Find more posts by sonnet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
God's creation was perfect until Adam sinned and opened the door to, Satan
and according to your belief who created Satan?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 01:09 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

"So why are many Christians ill and suffer, because of sin in their lives, because they doubt God,s will in relation to healing and they lack faith"

so some babies are punished because they lack faith?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 01:24 PM
BananaKing
Your soul.

Re: Our benevolent God is simply...awesome

since he created everything

he gave us:

cancer
AIDS
birth defects
earthquakes
tsunamis
Ebola Virus
diabetes
polio
poisons
etc
etc
etc

and so many other goodies

God sure is wonderful, I have complete FAITH in him

He gave us those as punishments, and more will come if people don't stop being bad.

Yes, he is awesome, he has forgiven us the odd million times.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 10:49 PM
BananaKing is currently offline Click here to Send BananaKing a Private Message Find more posts by BananaKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Re: Our benevolent God is simply...awesome

Originally posted by Chibi Boy
He gave us those as punishments, and more will come if people don't stop being bad.

Yes, he is awesome, he has forgiven us the odd million times.

Who will judge who is bad, you?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 10:51 PM
BananaKing
Your soul.

"So why are many Christians ill and suffer, because of sin in their lives, because they doubt God,s will in relation to healing and they lack faith"

so some babies are punished because they lack faith?

The way it goes, we don't get diseases because we are bad, unless god forces it to happen, which is rare. God made the diseases to randomly catch people. He made AIDS to stop people from having sex with many different people except for their wife/husband.

Originally posted by finti
and according to your belief who created Satan?

God made Satan, but Satan became bad himself, and he was the first angel to be bad and that's why he is the leader of all the bad angels.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 10:55 PM
BananaKing is currently offline Click here to Send BananaKing a Private Message Find more posts by BananaKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BananaKing
Your soul.

Re: Re: Re: Our benevolent God is simply...awesome

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Who will judge who is bad, you?

God judges who is bad, like when we die he sends bad people to hell.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 10:57 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Chibi Boy
God made Satan, but Satan became bad himself, and he was the first angel to be bad and that's why he is the leader of all the bad angels.

But this was before man sined.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 10:57 PM
BananaKing
Your soul.

It was before MAN sinned, Lucifer was an angel.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 10:59 PM
Starscream M

the point is: How could a perfect God create something so IMPERFECT such as Satan?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 11:10 PM