KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Supermans Top speed

Supermans Top speed
Started by: Hit_and_Miss

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ZephroCarnelian

Are we talking modern Superman or pre-crisis Superman...?

The REAL Men on KMC - Whirly, Juntai, Darkcrawler, Avalon...

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 06:38 PM
ZephroCarnelian is currently offline Click here to Send ZephroCarnelian a Private Message Find more posts by ZephroCarnelian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

"Would this not make supes faster then the flash? (without flash drainning supes of his speed"

No.

Hes slower than Flash, thats all one needs to know.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 01:37 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

modern supes...

ok... so what its supes top speed then olympian? if he can get to the sun in less time than it takes light???

how fast can flash go??? ( i though it was lightspeed, then he enters speedforce and its just teleporting....

By Barker
"There can be only none..."

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 02:29 PM
Hit_and_Miss is currently offline Click here to Send Hit_and_Miss a Private Message Find more posts by Hit_and_Miss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

as i said, even flash should not be able to reach lightspeed.

close? maybe, but not possible.

the comics are sometimes stupid with these kinda of things. superman isnt a god. hes REALLY REALLY fast, hes REALLY REALLY strong. but he wouldent be able to move planets, and go x8 lightspeed. not unless he strapped a spacetime bending machine on his back.

in the new supes movie (superman returns) he uses a spaceship to travel around the universe (back to whats left of krypton). why is that if he can do it himself? because he cant go that fast, to make him be able to is just stupid.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 12:06 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by eleveninches
Precrisis could go faster than the speed of light (time travel, intergalactic travel)
Postcrisis is slightly less than the speed of light (often having close races with the flash)
Prime is beyond speed, and can travel as fast as he wants

How do you know how fast Superman Prime is? confused

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 03:59 PM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
modern supes...

ok... so what its supes top speed then olympian? if he can get to the sun in less time than it takes light???

how fast can flash go??? ( i though it was lightspeed, then he enters speedforce and its just teleporting....

When was the last time Superman was clocked traveling to the sun? An artist's depiction can be decieving. I can, however, recall Superman explicitly stating that he cannot move faster than light.

I'd say Superman's capable of near-light speeds in space, but on Earth, he's considerably slower.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 04:03 PM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

Originally posted by snoopdogg
And 600 years ago everybody knew the world was flat.

If we used real life science in comics they would be boring.

Agreed. Real world physics don't necessarily apply in a world of fantasty such as a comic book.

Superman's top speed can be inconsistant. I think that some of his writers may very well consider him faster than light. Others clearly don't. Superman's top speed depends on who's writing him.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 04:08 PM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

ok, i accept that in comics it depends on the writers but honestly supes or flash being able to move at lightspeed is incredibly dumb.

when i read superman or see him (movie, TV etc.)

i dont want him to be godlike, THAT makes it boring. thats why they changed supes (post crisis) cause it was just too stupid.

superman should be strong, fast, etc. etc. but within the realm of reason and some logic.

writers need to at least try to make supes seem at least somewhat "human" (for better lack of the word)

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2005 10:44 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote