KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » How strong(exactly) is Batman??

How strong(exactly) is Batman??
Started by: braz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Insomniatric
The Spider

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Solidus Snake
i disagree... i had a girlfriend who used to break the wood with her hands and stuff

she would have told me if it was a set up

Was that intended to sound wrong?

Anyway, I agree with every one else. Batman is no Spiderman, no way he's lifting 1000 pounds over his head.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 07:58 AM
Insomniatric is currently offline Click here to Send Insomniatric a Private Message Find more posts by Insomniatric Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Okay, so this is all movie-verse, but after the explosion of the Academy of whatever, where he learned all of teh moves and how to be stealthy and how to mess with people's minds...

Sliding down a mountain, ice pick glove finally digging into the snow, then having a man dangling from the other hand that's bigger than you. I always wince there - his ice arm is at such an awkward angle that you're like... um... this is what we call a broken arm.

So he's carrying two full-grown men [including him self] and at the same time is able to bring R'haz Al Gul back up on the bank.

Further more, I don't think it's really "strength" that's Batman's biggest stronghold. I think endurance is. Well, adrenaline-rush strength plus adrenaline-rush endurance.

And with those to chemical processes, we've heard of real life accounts where mothers can lift cars to rescue their babies.

Think what a man in his prime [both of age and of fitness, PLUS all those neat little gadgets] could do.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 01:59 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SidDManiac
Ummm... buddy
The World's Strongest Man aka Mark Henry has squatted 1000 lbs
He has powerlifted around the same.
Mark can deadlift 900 lbs.

I can legpress 1400 lbs myself. What was that you were saying about peak-human?

Light weight, baby.

Old Post May 16th, 2012 02:51 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

what do batman fans think of Bruce lifting 1000lbs+ without any superpowers.

I thought the Batman :legend of the dark Knight venom arc was a great read and an accurate in portrayal of batman,a human without powers struggling to push himself to perform superhuman tasks.

When that girl drowned because batman could not move the boulder he had to resort to performance enhancing drugs at which point he was able to press lift about 700lbs easily.

Old Post May 27th, 2012 12:04 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Batman strength is somewhere between Olympic level and Juggernaut depending on whos writing him

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post May 27th, 2012 01:16 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BUSTER1

Originally posted by botcherby
Batman in regard to the Marvel universe is significantly stronger than Daredevil, as seen in Marvel vs. DC where he knocked out Bullseye in one punch. Secondly he is marginally stronger than Captain America.

Marginally stronger then Cap? I think you got that the wrong way round.

Old Post May 27th, 2012 04:48 PM
BUSTER1 is currently offline Click here to Send BUSTER1 a Private Message Find more posts by BUSTER1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote