KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » Poetry Corner » Poetry.com ~ Nothing But A Hoax!

Poetry.com ~ Nothing But A Hoax!
Started by: Syren

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Syren
Of course not. How would you feel if we said we knew loads of agents but we suggested you don't even bother because your work sucks? Hmm? stick out tongue

As it stands, you're awesome. We just don't know where to direct your awesomeness laughing out loud

Sounds like something I would say laughing out loud

But that's exactly right stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 04:37 AM
Coldfire is currently offline Click here to Send Coldfire a Private Message Find more posts by Coldfire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
degrassicoolie
degrassilover

I know about that stupid poetry.com people I submitted a poem they told me to comeout to win a scholarship but when I did the math how much it would be to get on a plane get into a hotel bring family or atleast a guardian and they make you sent 100 dollars for a place in there I would be spending more then the schlorship was worth!!!!!!!

Whatever it takes I know I can make it through

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 08:34 PM
degrassicoolie is currently offline Click here to Send degrassicoolie a Private Message Find more posts by degrassicoolie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

Originally posted by degrassicoolie
I know about that stupid poetry.com people I submitted a poem they told me to comeout to win a scholarship but when I did the math how much it would be to get on a plane get into a hotel bring family or atleast a guardian and they make you sent 100 dollars for a place in there I would be spending more then the schlorship was worth!!!!!!!

Yeah exactly. Glad you were smart enough to realize that

Old Post Dec 24th, 2005 04:53 AM
Coldfire is currently offline Click here to Send Coldfire a Private Message Find more posts by Coldfire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bogen

hey at least you can say, i won a scholarship... but i didn't go

Facebook
Cheers starlock, your a champ. wink

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 01:28 PM
bogen is currently offline Click here to Send bogen a Private Message Find more posts by bogen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

Originally posted by bogen
hey at least you can say, i won a scholarship... but i didn't go

Yeah I guess there's that too

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 04:54 AM
bogen

yup, and you can bag out the site for the rest of your days, you know hold a grudge big grin

Facebook

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 07:31 AM
bogen is currently offline Click here to Send bogen a Private Message Find more posts by bogen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

lol I can't hold a grudge stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 07:47 AM
Syren
dreaming

I don't hold a grudge as {fortunately} I didn't spend any money. Even though I really thought my work was good enough to be published so obviously I was a little disappointed when I found out they were a sham... I just feel sorry for those who make the extra effort and spend the money for something that I don't deem worth it erm

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 04:33 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

I don't hold a grudge as {fortunately} I didn't spend any money. Even though I really thought my work was good enough to be published so obviously I was a little disappointed when I found out they were a sham... I just feel sorry for those who make the extra effort and spend the money for something that I don't deem worth it erm

yeah I feel sorry for them too

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 03:42 AM
bogen

i can't hold a grugde wen i try i just like laugh wen im trying to be all, " i hate you" big grin

Facebook

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 08:34 AM
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

i can't hold a grugde wen i try i just like laugh wen im trying to be all, " i hate you" big grin

me too laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 04:57 AM
bogen

it's the curse of the giddy teen * sighs, then laughs cause he can't hold a staight face of thought*

Facebook

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 03:34 PM
Syren
dreaming

roll eyes (sarcastic)

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 03:44 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

it's the curse of the giddy teen * sighs, then laughs cause he can't hold a staight face of thought*

Indeed laughing out loud
roll eyes (sarcastic)

stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 05:29 AM
bogen

it's true hehe!

Facebook

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 06:13 AM
Syren
dreaming

I'm sure it is.

Just thought I'd post this;

Poetry.com/International Library of Poetry

Poetry.com (a.k.a. the International Library of Poetry, the National Library of Poetry, and many others), is a vanity anthology scheme that draws in poets through free contests, and then solicits them to purchase the anthology in which they will be published, plus a variety of other merchandise and services. The contests, in which all entrants are declared "semi-finalists", are bogus; and while the company portrays itself as a viable and even prestigious poetry market, the complete lack of editorial gatekeeping and the resulting poor quality of most of the poems means that publication in one of its anthologies is not a professional credit.

A number of organizations, including the Office of the Maryland Attorney General, are seeking writers who have complaints about Poetry.com. You can find links to all of them at StopILP.com, a website organized by poet Robert James Funches.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 11:50 AM
spartant4489
The tears of the wolrd

hmm i always wonderd if it was real or not...man i have some off my work on there..sad to hear this....=(...it might even make me cry...and thanks for posting this...i will make sure to never do this again...ty...any way if any of you are intersted in looking at my work on poetry.com...look me up andrew olson....and my work starts with (two paths) please any comments on it whould be great =P...

SIG DULES 1 WIN / 1 LOSE'S

Last edited by spartant4489 on Apr 21st, 2006 at 08:58 PM

Old Post Apr 21st, 2006 08:55 PM
spartant4489 is currently offline Click here to Send spartant4489 a Private Message Find more posts by spartant4489 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Forever*Alone~
Empress

thanks for this, because my friend said she "won" something on that site and i was able to warn her before she payed anything, and it would have hurt too because we live in whalley, and whalley girls know what that means... we are very poor.

does this work?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2006 12:45 AM
~Forever*Alone~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Forever*Alone~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Forever*Alone~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Forever*Alone~
Empress

sorry, mistake of the button...

does this work?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2006 12:46 AM
~Forever*Alone~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Forever*Alone~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Forever*Alone~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Originally posted by spartant4489
hmm i always wonderd if it was real or not...man i have some off my work on there..sad to hear this....=(...it might even make me cry...and thanks for posting this...i will make sure to never do this again...ty...any way if any of you are intersted in looking at my work on poetry.com...look me up andrew olson....and my work starts with (two paths) please any comments on it whould be great =P...

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I can relate to how you're feeling because I was so psyched when they sent me all that correspondence telling me I was an amazing poet and that I'd won all these competitions! erm Don't take it the wrong way though, this doesn't mean your work isn't good and that you're not talented. It's just a warning to let you know that Poetry.com do not sift through everything that's submitted to them, they simply choose pieces at random, and poets. Your work is probably very good, I'll take a look at it wink

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2006 11:56 AM