KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » Poetry Corner » Poetry and Prose suggestions

Poetry and Prose suggestions
Started by: lil bitchiness

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lana
miffed

PEOPLE!

Enter the damn contest!

I am, I am.... but I'm a horribly slow writer *sigh* I'm tryin tho, I really am

Old Post Oct 4th, 2005 06:05 AM
Coldfire is currently offline Click here to Send Coldfire a Private Message Find more posts by Coldfire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Originally posted by Lana
miffed

PEOPLE!

Enter the damn contest!

I gots anotha entry

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Oct 4th, 2005 03:11 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

eek! yessss!!!

I LOVE IT!!!! entry #2 is so.... awesome!!

Old Post Oct 4th, 2005 03:13 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Both entries rock

come on people - enter!!

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Oct 4th, 2005 03:17 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

big grin

Old Post Oct 4th, 2005 03:27 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

.....damn!!!

C'mon, we need more entries!

Feanor, you're going to enter, right?

I think I may ask Alpha Centauri to do so, too.....

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 4th, 2005 03:29 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

weeeeeell...i might be if persuaded, properly shifty

and yes, you should ask AC also....makes it that much more interesting to see the contrasting styles

Old Post Oct 4th, 2005 03:38 PM
NunYahBidness
You can stop looking, now

Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Both entries rock

come on people - enter!!
Oh my God they do!!!!! The contrasting style to the single theme is just, overwhelms me. And I actually laughed (not from because it was bad) because it just tickled me to death!!!! Awesome pieces!

Now where's the rest of you!!!

Old Post Oct 4th, 2005 11:34 PM
NunYahBidness is currently offline Click here to Send NunYahBidness a Private Message Find more posts by NunYahBidness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

I like the "O"s and "eartherns" of that first one. I also enjoy its view-askew of 'joy'.

The second one is a little above my reading level, but it certainly looks pretty.

It's certainly a shame we are limited to two choices though, especially considering the number of personal poetry threads in this forum.

Remember people...It's not the winning that counts, it's the taking part!

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2005 12:50 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

One weird thing...

Is the first line of 'Love's Happy State!' supposed to state 'the tormentor%u2019s hand'!?!?!?!?!??!?!

I'm referring to that percentage sign and the digits...

Old Post Oct 5th, 2005 12:54 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
One weird thing...

Is the first line of 'Love's Happy State!' supposed to state 'the tormentor%u2019s hand'!?!?!?!?!??!?!

I was wondering about that too...

Old Post Oct 5th, 2005 04:18 AM
Coldfire is currently offline Click here to Send Coldfire a Private Message Find more posts by Coldfire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NunYahBidness

I like the "O"s and "eartherns" of that first one. I also enjoy its view-askew of 'joy'.

The second one is a little above my reading level, but it certainly looks pretty.

It's certainly a shame we are limited to two choices though, especially considering the number of personal poetry threads in this forum.

Remember people...It's not the winning that counts, it's the taking part!
I'm assuming you wrote the first one. I like to think I know you, so by submitting a poem that is unlike you, takes the spotlight away from you. But then again I could be wrong!!! Been known to happen.

Oddly enough, that first piece threw me off the beaten track when I had read it. The theme after all was "joy".

I thoroughly enjoyed the second piece, as at first it started off as something cynical and full of....hmm, hate's too strong a word, maybe disgust. But then goes on to all that is/could be wonderful about "joy"...

So far, I am very happy with two pieces. A complete gem!

Old Post Oct 5th, 2005 04:20 AM
NunYahBidness is currently offline Click here to Send NunYahBidness a Private Message Find more posts by NunYahBidness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NunYahBidness

One weird thing...

Originally posted by Coldfire
I was wondering about that too...
I saw that also...I don't think it was meant to look like that. Kinda weird. yeah.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2005 04:22 AM
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

Originally posted by NunYahBidness
I'm assuming you wrote the first one. I like to think I know you, so by submitting a poem that is unlike you, takes the spotlight away from you. But then again I could be wrong!!! Been known to happen.

Oddly enough, that first piece threw me off the beaten track when I had read it. The theme after all was "joy".

I thoroughly enjoyed the second piece, as at first it started off as something cynical and full of....hmm, hate's too strong a word, maybe disgust. But then goes on to all that is/could be wonderful about "joy"...

So far, I am very happy with two pieces. A complete gem!

And I'm supposed to compete with THOSE?! Damn I'd better get my act together then lol stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 5th, 2005 04:26 AM
NunYahBidness

And I'm supposed to compete with THOSE?! Damn I'd better get my act together then lol stick out tongue
It is NOT a competition of sorts, dear!!!! Although a winner will be chosen, but it is....I feel where all the differing styles of one theme can be placed in one thread for all to enjoy!!! And yes the first two entrants has so far been a salacious treat to read (i've read both so far 10 times, and I shall read them again after this).

And you...dear Cold can do just as good as any. You just have to believe you can!

And Ya Krunk'd....you are certainly a man with many sides...."Remember people...It's not the winning that counts, it's the taking part!"

No truer words has ever been eloquently uttered!

Old Post Oct 5th, 2005 04:31 AM
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

It is NOT a competition of sorts, dear!!!! Although a winner will be chosen, but it is....I feel where all the differing styles of one theme can be placed in one thread for all to enjoy!!! And yes the first two entrants has so far been a salacious treat to read (i've read both so far 10 times, and I shall read them again after this).

And you...dear Cold can do just as good as any. You just have to believe you can!

And Ya Krunk'd....you are certainly a man with many sides...."Remember people...It's not the winning that counts, it's the taking part!"

No truer words has ever been eloquently uttered!

awww thanks I'm workin on it right now, so we'll see how it goes stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 5th, 2005 04:45 AM
NunYahBidness

awww thanks I'm workin on it right now, so we'll see how it goes stick out tongue
Remember!! Your first instincts are always right!!!

Old Post Oct 5th, 2005 04:47 AM
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

Remember!! Your first instincts are always right!!!

Well I'll remember that smile Hope others are gonna enter this too...

Old Post Oct 5th, 2005 04:54 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Nun, I wish I was as clever as to hide my shadow by bathing my whole self in darkness, but alas poor Yorick, I knew him well, Horatio, I am not.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2005 05:05 AM
NunYahBidness

Well I'll remember that smile Hope others are gonna enter this too...
Not to worry. I'll hunt them down, and slowy slay them with vicious rhetoric!!!!
Nun, I wish I was as clever as to hide my shadow by bathing my whole self in darkness, but alas poor Yorick, I knew him well, Horatio, I am not.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Nice!

Old Post Oct 5th, 2005 05:07 AM