KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » skateboarding

skateboarding
Started by: Asami

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Asami
Vicious and Malicious

Skateboarding

I started skateboarding just a few years ago, can't say I'm very good at it but its enjoyable. Does anyone else here skateboard?

Old Post Feb 12th, 2004 08:54 PM
Asami is currently offline Click here to Send Asami a Private Message Find more posts by Asami Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

I do in the summer but I'm not very good at it.

I'm a signature!

Old Post Feb 12th, 2004 09:12 PM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SAtown_punk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I started skating in he 8th grade, so It's been 4 1/2 years. I took a break for a little while to focus on music, and because I moved away from all my friends and I didn't know anybody here when I first got here. But I'm starting again. It's a great way to relieve stress, and it's a great sport. Takes a lot of skill.

"Most governments are usually, and all governments are sometimes, inexpedient."
-Henry David Thoreau

Old Post Feb 13th, 2004 10:00 PM
SAtown_punk is currently offline Click here to Send SAtown_punk a Private Message Find more posts by SAtown_punk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

i been skating almost 10 years. last year i actually got a sponsorship and was on the verge of going semi pro, but i honestly dont think im good enough to go that far. plus i injure to easy.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2004 10:41 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DaRk Jester
Mime Of Hell

i just quit it cuz i am tired skateing for my frends team sad

roiling heat death grip in
my veins unveiling rancid
petals flowering forth foul
necter the space between
a blink and a tear...
DEATH BLOOMS."

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 05:08 PM
DaRk Jester is currently offline Click here to Send DaRk Jester a Private Message Find more posts by DaRk Jester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

awh...i'm terrible at it....caught quite a few nasty falls and gave up.
almost broke my ass (well...at least as much as you CAN break an ass, in th first place smile )

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 03:00 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dragonpisces272
got coffee?

yeah you can never technically be a good skater unless you've fallen...hard.

Made by: Pictofix Designs. Want a sig or wallpaper? Drop me a message

Old Post Mar 5th, 2004 05:01 PM
dragonpisces272 is currently offline Click here to Send dragonpisces272 a Private Message Find more posts by dragonpisces272 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SAtown_punk
Restricted

Account Restricted

that's not true. A lot of people can go a long time without falling. But it's impossible to never fall.

-Henry David Thoreau

Old Post Mar 5th, 2004 10:50 PM
SAtown_punk is currently offline Click here to Send SAtown_punk a Private Message Find more posts by SAtown_punk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

quote:
Originally posted by total nettlehead
i been skating almost 10 years. last year i actually got a sponsorship and was on the verge of going semi pro, but i honestly dont think im good enough to go that far. plus i injure to easy.

so ur saying u got sponsored at what 16? and quit... and if u were sponsered how were you on the verge of going semi-pro thats how u go pro you get sponsered and compete

Old Post Mar 6th, 2004 01:21 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sexybeast99

I skateborded since I was 4 my friends say i kick ass but i think im not that good!!!! sad

Old Post Mar 6th, 2004 03:41 AM
sexybeast99 is currently offline Click here to Send sexybeast99 a Private Message Find more posts by sexybeast99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SAtown_punk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just because you are sponsored doesn't mean you are pro. It is very common to have sponsors that don't necessarily pay you, but they give you merchandise. To become pro you actually have to declare that you are pro. It's actualy a legal term.

-Henry David Thoreau

Old Post Mar 6th, 2004 06:32 PM
Deathblow
-

quote:
Originally posted by forumcrew
so ur saying u got sponsored at what 16? and quit... and if u were sponsered how were you on the verge of going semi-pro thats how u go pro you get sponsered and compete

i got it the wrong way round yes

and people much younger than me have got sponsorships, in fact i knew a 13 year old kid who got one. its a big thing in my community.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2004 08:05 AM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cgtuna21
LOTRfreak

skateboarding sucks... it's for punk rockers and gothics

Old Post Mar 7th, 2004 04:49 PM
cgtuna21 is currently offline Click here to Send cgtuna21 a Private Message Find more posts by cgtuna21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

really? wow no offence but you are dumb.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2004 05:09 PM
cgtuna21
LOTRfreak

how

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 09:44 PM
cgtuna21 is currently offline Click here to Send cgtuna21 a Private Message Find more posts by cgtuna21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

you can't classify skaters with punkers and goths....they are totally different kinds of people.

And regarding the "groms"...i think there is a 13 year old kid that's actually pro. He kicks ass and gets wicked scores partially because he pulls technical tricks, and also because he's got killer balance on rails and coping.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 09:49 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SAtown_punk
Restricted

Account Restricted

There is a 9 year old boy who is sponsored. His name fails me right now, but he's very good.

Not all punks and goths are skaters, and not all skaters are punk or goth.

-Henry David Thoreau

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 11:22 PM
cgtuna21
LOTRfreak

skateboarding is a terrible sport. skateboarding is 4 dumbasses who can seriously get hurt. i'll just laugh when tony hawk tries 2 do a stunt and then falls and breaks his neck(not really) but I'll laugh if he breaks his arms or his legs

Old Post Mar 13th, 2004 04:06 PM
Deathblow
-

well if you've got such a problem with it get the fu'ck outta this thread

Old Post Mar 13th, 2004 09:49 PM
cgtuna21
LOTRfreak

how bout no this is a thread 2 talk about if it sucks or if u like it

Old Post Mar 14th, 2004 01:19 AM