KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » JLA 119... [Spoilers.]

JLA 119... [Spoilers.]
Started by: Juntai

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

JLA 119... [Spoilers.]

In JLA 119, the league is disbanded. Obviously by the title "League No More". The top header also said "The Crisis is here!"
I'm not discussing all of the comic in general just specifically the last section, because this certainly brings the Crisis to a whole new level.
At the end of the issue, Martian Manhunter enters the JLA watchtower and starts to pick through possible members for a new team, as I said in another thread... however during this..

The JLA teleporter alert goes off, letting Martian Manhunter know that Superman has just entered the watchtower. Let be known that for this to happen, this ABSOLUTELY MUST BE SUPERMAN. And SUPERMANS DNA. The watchtower is powered and energineered from the best tech in the entire universe, including new God, Thanagarian, Kryptonian, Batman, etc... also has spells casted all over it by Raven Manitou and Jason Blood for farther... whatever. lol.

Martian Manhunter says "Superman, I'm glad you're here" and turns to face him, and starts talking about how he things everything is connected. A person in a red cape says "I know" and Jonn does a double take, and finally realises something and says "Wait... you're. .. " and then gets blasted. Do you think it would take Jonn this long to figure out that this wasn't one of his best friend and co-workers who constantly save eachothers life?

I believe this is none other than Pre-Crisis Superman, and he has set all of this up for one reason or another... Only Superman could have come through that teleporter...

Also, he knew everything is connected, implying he's been a part of it...

Let's recall what's happened so far.

What led Blue Beetle to his death, what was his lead...?
I'll tell you what....The Kryptonite missing from Supergirls return.. tons of kryptonite... the last of it known on the planet besides the Green K ring. Batman in the latest OMAC, said he believed they were looking for the EMP to destroy the OMACs, so they couldn't be stopped... but didn't find so took the K instead... Batman is so wrong. Like he actually had it all figured out already? He's probably closest, but no...

Now, what has the Spectre been doing this whole time, since the start of the countdown? He's eliminating magic.... also..he's begun splitting up the Quintessence even farther, some of the major forces of magic in the universe.. Zues is missing in Wonder Woman's books... Shazam is dead... If I'm missing anything else, let me know...

Now. . . what are the two things that can stop Superman... more importantly, what two things GREATLY affected Pre Crisis Superman, even beyond our current one...?

You got it...

Magic and Kryptonite.

He seems to be rigging the battlefield.

But I've yet to connect RANN/THANAGAR war... perhaps when 6 comes, we will know.

Last edited by Juntai on Oct 2nd, 2005 at 12:49 PM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 12:44 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

It's funny because if it's true... in another thread, shortly after I started coming around, I was naming off Superman feats in a thread, and a guy said "Uh oh, Pre Crisis here we come" and I responded with something like "No, not quite.. but Pre C is still out there, and will make his return sooner or later."
lol.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 12:47 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

HA!
I love this kind of stuff!

Good job, man! You may steal my spot as the self-imposed KMC sleuth!

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 12:52 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by long pig
HA!
I love this kind of stuff!

Good job, man! You may steal my spot as the self-imposed KMC sleuth!
Remember, I also pointed out that JLA/Avengers deally... big grin

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 12:53 PM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indeed you did.

And, since Pre-crisis Superman was such a massive Dick, your theory makes very good sense.

I'm just suprised he didn't feed them to a large dragon.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 12:57 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

The weird thing is... is he the good guy or the badguy?
The heros of late have been shown doing REALLY bogus things, and this is bringing them all to light, and even exposing them, as at the end of OMAC the televisions across the world see WW snapping Max Lords neck.
They are almost villainous, manipulating minds, and have even twisted time itself and destroyed lives just to make sure there own still goes along unaffected.

The heros have all been breaking up and are beginning to hate eachother... and villains have been banding together, vowing to change how things are done.. because of all the wrongs the heros have done. . . is it trully possible...?

Also, Superman movie coming out next year, like the other Superman movies, will be based off of PRE-C superman, as it takes place after Superman 1 according to what the've been saying... DC will be likely trying to bring this character back because when people see that Superman.. they will ultimately want to read that Superman as well.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 01:04 PM
-K-M-

The red cape could be: Cyborg Superman (did he go back to the cape?), Psycho-Pirate, Mongul II [no cape, but he is in the preview for IC #1], Power Girl, Ultra Man from the Crime Syndicate of Amerika, Eradicator

It's properly someone we won't expect.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 01:05 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by King_Mungi
The red cape could be: Cyborg Superman (did he go back to the cape?), Psycho-Pirate, Mongul II [no cape, but he is in the preview for IC #1], Power Girl, Ultra Man from the Crime Syndicate of Amerika, Eradicator

It's properly someone we won't expect.
None of those people have Superman's DNA and the watchtower would have known, also, Martian Manhunter wouldn't have taken as long to recognize.. "Wait..."

. . . "You're. . . ."

THE WATCHTOWER, SOME OF THE MOST ADVANCED TECH IN THE UNIVERSE. SAID IT WAS SUPERMAN.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 01:07 PM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Also, if you haven't noticed across the infinite crisis... all of the biggest casters have been successfully split up, or mashed by Spectre...

I don't know if you recall WHERE the Spear of Destiny currently is...

All of the most powerful mages got together, after Hal took after as Spectre, including Sentinal, Fate, Zatanna, and they all wrapped it in their magic, and Sentinal threw it to the core of the sun...

To utilize it again and defeat the Spectre, they will need this tool...which is looking more and more less likely every issue...

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 01:42 PM
olympian

"None of those people have Superman's DNA and the watchtower would have known, also, Martian Manhunter wouldn't have taken as long to recognize.. "Wait...""

Cyborg superman does. Or at least he use to. Was it retconned?

I think its rather earth 1 Superman (golden age?) since it was cannon after Crisis that he was around but retired.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 02:11 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by olympian
"None of those people have Superman's DNA and the watchtower would have known, also, Martian Manhunter wouldn't have taken as long to recognize.. "Wait...""

Cyborg superman does. Or at least he use to. Was it retconned?

I think its rather earth 1 Superman (golden age?) since it was cannon after Crisis that he was around but retired.
Cyborg Superman is a consciousness, he has no DNA?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 02:16 PM
olympian

I have to read Return of Superman again. Was that only when he had that body?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 02:31 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by olympian
I have to read Return of Superman again. Was that only when he had that body?
That body was destroyed a long time ago, since then he has pulled other objects together to form new bodies. He's just a traveling consciousness, he has no blood or DNA.

And certainly Martian Manhunter, with 11 senses, and telepathy above other things, would recognize immediately that it was the Cyborg Superman... yet he seemed confused and not sure if it was or not when looking right at him.

Last edited by Juntai on Oct 2nd, 2005 at 02:35 PM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 02:33 PM
HaSon

I think it's Earth 2 Superman. The current JSA arc basically confirmed that COIE never ended.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 03:06 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by long pig
Indeed you did.

And, since Pre-crisis Superman was such a massive Dick, your theory makes very good sense.

I'm just suprised he didn't feed them to a large dragon.

Dick mad Dick you say mad

stick out tongue

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 03:09 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by Ultimate Ion
I think it's Earth 2 Superman. The current JSA arc basically confirmed that COIE never ended.
COIE? Not recalling those letters in realtion to anything...
Also, you mean the Day of Judgment tie ins?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 03:12 PM
HaSon

Crisis on Infinite Earths and I mean't JSA Classified. Sorry. sad

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 03:26 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Crisis on Infinite Earths and I mean't JSA Classified. Sorry. sad
Yeah.. I figured it out, just hadn't posted it yet. Thnx.
Anyways, Earth 2 Superman IS Pre-Crisis Superman, btw.
Which is what is stated in my deductions above.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 03:27 PM
HaSon

Earth 2 Supes is Golden Age Supes which isn't nearly as powerful as the famous Pre Crisis Supes. This is the guy that could barely fly at all.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 03:35 PM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Earth 2 Supes is Golden Age Supes which isn't nearly as powerful as the famous Pre Crisis Supes. This is the guy that could barely fly at all.
Hmm, I must go check my Crisis again.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 03:51 PM