KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » Hosted Area Game Ideas Submission- READ THIS THREAD FIRST!

Hosted Area Game Ideas Submission- READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (159): « First ... « 95 96 [97] 98 99 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
archangel01
Feet First into Hell

Re: Halo: Seige of Yankee Station

quote: (post)
Originally posted by archangel01
Im asking permission to start a new Halo RPG. By looking around the site, it seems that its time for a new one.

Setting: Earth, right after the events taking place at the end of Halo 2 and preceding the events of Halo 3. The main focus will be around a small ONI facility in Cambridge MA, UST **thats United States Territories** called Yankee Station.

Situation: Yankee Station is one of many Ground Control facility's for the Orbital Defense Platforms. Sophisticated electronic and surveillance systems are housed here as well. The Covenant have discovered the purpose of this station and plan to wipe it off the map. The defenders, 30 marines, are low on ammo and supplies.

The single ship in this RPG is a frigate called BattleAxe. She hosts a contingent of Marines, and ODST. The mission will be to break the seige on Yankee Station and evacuate all personnel and sensitive equipment before the Convenient can get their hands on it.

Rules:
1. Absolutely no SPAM-ing
2. Characters are limited to a rank cap of Sgt. Major for now..possible field promotions for Marines and ODST characters depending on people and need.
3. Spartans ARE allowed
4. Posts will be written in novel format, try to keep the posts to a reasonable length...makes for a better story. And PLEASE try to use proper grammar.
5. Covenant characters are always welcome, we need you guys to help the story along.
6. I want to limit this to a max of 10 people, first come first serve.
7. Have Fun.

Thats it for now. Let me know how it looks, Im new here so any feedback is appreciated.

archangel01
C.C.Cowgirl
AOR
SilentWolf

Old Post Sep 5th, 2007 06:32 PM
archangel01 is currently offline Click here to Send archangel01 a Private Message Find more posts by archangel01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
archangel01
Feet First into Hell

NOTE!!!!!!!
For the Halo RPG:

The number of Spartans is LIMITED to 2. THIS LIMIT HAS CURRENTLY BEEN REACHED.
SORRY. YOU CAN STILL PLAY AS:
1. Elite and a Grunt/jackal squad
2. UNSC Marines
3. ODST
4. Civilian mercs. under UNSC control

Thanks and
JOIN MY RPG!!!!

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 12:44 AM
archangel01 is currently offline Click here to Send archangel01 a Private Message Find more posts by archangel01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
archangel01
Feet First into Hell

does anyone live here anymore??

Old Post Sep 11th, 2007 03:32 AM
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Remember my Unhosted RP Forum suggestion in case of wink

There are more active members there yes

And I would in that case want to be a Spartan raver

Old Post Sep 11th, 2007 06:51 AM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
archangel01
Feet First into Hell

you know....i just might big grin

Old Post Sep 11th, 2007 10:31 AM
Matr0shka
Only I am that I am.

im here raver trying to find fantasy types

Old Post Sep 18th, 2007 11:23 PM
Matr0shka is currently offline Click here to Send Matr0shka a Private Message Find more posts by Matr0shka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The Halo idea certainly did look like it would work better Unhosted, especially the novel format, so I think it is going ahead in there.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 10:55 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Captain King
Jim Profit

Why not a more comedic halo rpg that resembles red vs blue?

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 10:47 AM
Captain King is currently offline Click here to Send Captain King a Private Message Find more posts by Captain King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Captain King
Jim Profit

Okay, I think I've actually comeup with a decent idea for a game.

It's like red vs blue in spirit and RP..

But it's Dungeons&Dragons.

Yes, I want everyone to be a human and be a class of anything from the system reference document. Because i'm poor and don't have anything else.

When you die, you return via a clone at the base. I won't get into the character creation process as the game doesn't exsist yet. But i'm sure it could be a ton of fun.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 07:41 AM
Captain King is currently offline Click here to Send Captain King a Private Message Find more posts by Captain King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

I have an idea of a game set in quasi-medieval setting. There is a huge Kingdom, but the King is insane and rebellion seems inevitable. People would play mostly characters from major noble Houses of the realm, engaging in political intrigue, but war and duels as well. There are minor supernatural elements in this setting- for example there is a an enormous wall in the far north, beyond which monsters are rumored to exist and current ruling family conquered entire realm because they had dragons. However only availible race are humans, and most people don`t know anything about "magic". Setting is based on fantasy saga called "The Song of Ice and Fire" but characters will be diffrerent than in book.

Also, I am going to be Gamemaster and control all important non-player characters. There will be simple rules, mainly based on different levels of skills.

If people are interested, I will ask Ush if I can make the thread with character creation thread and more setting decription.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Last edited by Lord Melkor on Oct 7th, 2007 at 02:03 PM

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 01:53 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Minimal magic? Boo stick out tongue

Me being me aside, I think it sounds nifty.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 03:29 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

Well, you can play character with some "magical" abilities, but either it would be very undeveloped, or high chance is that you are consorting with dark powers. Dominant religion is very against such things, but there are rumors of sorcecers in foreign lands. Having ancient bloodline also helps. House Targeryen, currenly ruling the Kingdom, are descendants of ancient Empire that was supposed to have powerful mages, but was destroyed in ancient catastrophe. They salvaged several dragons from the disaster and conquered seven Kindoms of Westeros, that are currently one Kingdom. But after several hundred years only one dragon is left, because they needed to be kept in closed spaces. Dragons get bigger and healthier when they get to roam free and burn stuff. Of course, current King is insane and loves burning stuff.

But yes, this game is going to be gritty and vicious, not heroic fantasy. Propably not PG-13 as well, though I am not sure how much this board allows for. You can have badass characters, of course. But think more middle ages than superheroes.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Last edited by Lord Melkor on Oct 7th, 2007 at 10:42 PM

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 10:34 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Well, I still think it sounds cool and I still say that I am interested.

(I'm not exactly a fan of superhero-type characters anyway)

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 11:54 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bildo
RPD Fox Team Medic

Originally posted by Lord Melkor
I have an idea of a game set in quasi-medieval setting. There is a huge Kingdom, but the King is insane and rebellion seems inevitable. People would play mostly characters from major noble Houses of the realm, engaging in political intrigue, but war and duels as well. There are minor supernatural elements in this setting- for example there is a an enormous wall in the far north, beyond which monsters are rumored to exist and current ruling family conquered entire realm because they had dragons. However only availible race are humans, and most people don`t know anything about "magic". Setting is based on fantasy saga called "The Song of Ice and Fire" but characters will be diffrerent than in book.

Also, I am going to be Gamemaster and control all important non-player characters. There will be simple rules, mainly based on different levels of skills.

If people are interested, I will ask Ush if I can make the thread with character creation thread and more setting decription.

Buddy i think it is a great idea.. should ask i think!! I agree i dont particually like superhero characters.. old scholl is best and yeh this really sounds like a winner smile

Bildo Paul Ritson.

Billy
-x-
Resident Evil 4eva. x

Last edited by Bildo on Oct 16th, 2007 at 04:35 PM

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 04:33 PM
Bildo is currently offline Click here to Send Bildo a Private Message Find more posts by Bildo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Well, you can play character with some "magical" abilities, but either it would be very undeveloped, or high chance is that you are consorting with dark powers. Dominant religion is very against such things, but there are rumors of sorcecers in foreign lands. Having ancient bloodline also helps. House Targeryen, currenly ruling the Kingdom, are descendants of ancient Empire that was supposed to have powerful mages, but was destroyed in ancient catastrophe. They salvaged several dragons from the disaster and conquered seven Kindoms of Westeros, that are currently one Kingdom. But after several hundred years only one dragon is left, because they needed to be kept in closed spaces. Dragons get bigger and healthier when they get to roam free and burn stuff. Of course, current King is insane and loves burning stuff.

But yes, this game is going to be gritty and vicious, not heroic fantasy. Propably not PG-13 as well, though I am not sure how much this board allows for. You can have badass characters, of course. But think more middle ages than superheroes.

I would be very happy to play this game, especially if I could be a Cardinal big grin

Seriously though, its not often good political RPs come along!

Old Post Oct 20th, 2007 05:06 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

I may post some preview later if Ush allows me.

You can play the leader of the religion, called High Septon- though he isn`t as powerul as Pope at height of his power- current ruling family likes priests that know their place, though they cannot ignore them.

Note that while game may be political, people can play formidable warriors and even assasins as well- though I want most of you to be nobility. And you are not going to be best swordsman in the realm if you are teenager.

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Oct 20th, 2007 05:35 PM
Lord Follen
Lord of Azarathian Elves

im interested i think by the sounds of it, it could go very far!

Old Post Oct 20th, 2007 09:40 PM
Lord Follen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Follen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Follen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tuskorn

i have an idea for a starship troopers rp where you play as soldiers who are up against the insectoid threat that plauges many planets i have a preview here...
name: colonal fenix

Appearance: tan skin, thick armor

field:soldier

Personality:serious

equipment(only 4 things,you are given rations and a cam radio): automatic lancer,two frags,one revolver pistol and a disk nade(sticks to things)
quick bio:
(this is my character btw)
also we are obviously fighting the bug creatures from the movie if someone can name them id like that and i want at least 5 people to be with me you can join at anytime you want but try to work yourself in
so someone sign on b4 this dies.

i really want this to happen so can i get permission?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 03:32 AM
tuskorn is currently offline Click here to Send tuskorn a Private Message Find more posts by tuskorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moopoo
Paladin Commander

sounds good to me leave magic to a bare minimum mabey petty healing that seems like magic but really is just a good alchemist. something like that.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 05:31 PM
moopoo is currently offline Click here to Send moopoo a Private Message Find more posts by moopoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

So thats, Lana, Bildo, Lord Follen, moopoo, and myself who are up for Lord Melkor's idea! eek!

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 05:51 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote