KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Count of Monte Cristo

Count of Monte Cristo
Started by: Phat J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phat J

Count of Monte Cristo

i did a search and couldnt find any topics in this forum about the book, and it definitely deserves one, so i thought id make it. this is my favourite book of all time, i love a good revenge story, and in the world of revenge stories, this takes the cake in my opinion. i like everything about this book, how he does everything so perfectly to the point where he actually becomes scary in a way. hes definitely my favourite character from any book that ive read in my lifetime, which isnt saying alot, because i tend to read books i like over and over again. im just starting this one again.

the movie was great, it made me read it in the first place. it was such a huge story, watching the movie now just doesnt give me the same satisfaction anymore, because it only shows a small glimspe of the whole story. they changed a lot to make it a hollywood happy ending, but it works for the movie, so whatever.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2005 03:55 AM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Movie_Geek_
Fighter

We are reading it in my English class. People are actually reading it when they do not have to. It is a good book. Most books I read in English are SOOOO Boring but this one is goo. I read a lot so it is not my favorite but it is a good read.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2005 01:39 PM
Movie_Geek_ is currently offline Click here to Send Movie_Geek_ a Private Message Find more posts by Movie_Geek_ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digital Angel
Give me my sin again

havent read it myself but my friend loves it, is her favourite book ever - will have to get her on here....

Old Post Oct 30th, 2005 02:43 PM
Digital Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Digital Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Digital Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat J

yeah i really liked it, i gotta make some time to read it again. revenge stories are great, are there any other good revenge stories that you guys have read that you'd recommend?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2005 07:22 PM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bogen

my mum never shuts up about it, i haven't read it my self but i will some time.

Facebook
Cheers starlock, your a champ. wink

Old Post Oct 30th, 2005 11:57 PM
bogen is currently offline Click here to Send bogen a Private Message Find more posts by bogen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

I never shut up about it either. It is easily my fav story. And what movie are you guys talking about? The one with Jim Caviziel? or the one with Gerard Depardieu? Both were good in my opinion.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2005 12:07 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat J

never saw the one with gerard depardieu, but the jim caviziel one was good. revenge stories are awesome, easily the best one. im on the part where danglars is just starting to conspire against dantes.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2005 03:26 AM
Phat J

no one else has read this? its my favourite book of all time, thats too bad.

a classic in my opinion.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 02:46 AM