KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Rammstein

Rammstein
Started by: mattador

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Swe_Bum
R.I.P Dimebag Darrell!

-Benzin
-Rosenrot
-Los
-Amour
-reise, reise
-Links 2, 3, 4
-Du hast
-Du riechst so gut
-Hilf mir
-Te quiero puta

Rammstein Are God's on making Good music!

Pure American Metal

My fanart/art-- My sigs

Old Post Jan 25th, 2006 11:54 AM
Swe_Bum is currently offline Click here to Send Swe_Bum a Private Message Find more posts by Swe_Bum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bierbommetje

Rosenrot has kinda grown on me, though its still their weakest to date IMO.

Benzin, Mann Gegen Mann, Spring, Zerstoren and Te Quiero Puta! are good songs. The rest has its moments.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2006 03:34 PM
Bierbommetje is currently offline Click here to Send Bierbommetje a Private Message Find more posts by Bierbommetje Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bierbommetje
Rosenrot has kinda grown on me, though its still their weakest to date IMO.

Benzin, Mann Gegen Mann, Spring, Zerstoren and Te Quiero Puta! are good songs. The rest has its moments.

Ah.... All from Rosenrot. Good choices.

Hmm... Me?

Sonne (Ultimate favorite)
Mein Teil
Reise Reise
Mann Gegen Mann
Spring
Zerstoren
Benzin
Sehnsucht

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2006 06:03 AM
Soren the Mage is currently offline Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

Re: Rammstein

Bump!

Originally posted by mattador
These guys are good. If you dont already know, they are a German metal band. Lots of good songs. My personal fav is Du Hast.

Anyone else like them?

They're my favorite happy my german techer is a huge fan of theirs, so shes made Rammstein converts out of all her students! eek!

Old Post May 10th, 2006 12:08 AM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RogerRamjet
Playground Superstar

oh how lovely...they could read out recipes for fluffy-puffy pancakes, intonate it with 2 chords and some grunts and you kids would go: woha dude!!...sounds rad, man...let's go buy!!

Sig by Scy!

Old Post May 10th, 2006 12:18 AM
RogerRamjet is currently offline Click here to Send RogerRamjet a Private Message Find more posts by RogerRamjet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

i like rock so much better when i don't know what theyre saying, american rock has the most ridiculous lyrics

Old Post May 10th, 2006 12:27 AM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RogerRamjet
Playground Superstar

unfortunately i perfectly understand, what they're singin' and that's not very different from the ridiculous american/british/finnish/you name it lyrics...

Sig by Scy!

Old Post May 10th, 2006 12:35 AM
RogerRamjet is currently offline Click here to Send RogerRamjet a Private Message Find more posts by RogerRamjet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

yes, and i hate when people translate rammstein for me, cause it makes me not like it because it has the same dumb ass lyrics

Old Post May 10th, 2006 12:39 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't give a shit about the lyrics. Till could be singing about eggs and flour for all I care, he still has a great voice and they still make great music.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post May 10th, 2006 12:40 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

he sings about the boogeyman too smile

Old Post May 10th, 2006 12:42 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

So? He can sing about whatever he wants.

It's not as if I'd walk up to every other member and say "I'm not liking your music now." "Why?" "Because of the words he is singing."

I think it's ridiculous to not like MUSIC because of the lyrics. It's like saying certain poetry is shit because the paper it's written on is pink.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post May 10th, 2006 12:44 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

no, its like saying i dont like certian peotry because the words are stupid. music should make sense. its not only about how it sounds, which it should sound good, which is why i like rammstein so much. but music is like poety set to music. and if that poetry is crap, the music can only do so much to help it.

Old Post May 10th, 2006 12:48 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nazgulinthedark
music should make sense. its not only about how it sounds, which it should sound good, which is why i like rammstein so much. but music is like poety set to music. and if that poetry is crap, the music can only do so much to help it.

The music does make sense. You just don't like the lyrics.

If you're out to try and prove that the lyrics affect the music then you aren't going to get anywhere.

Music is like...music. That's what music is. If you listen to music for lyrics then you're simply missing the point. I buy a Rammstein CD to listen to the musicians on it, Till's voice, not the words coming out of his mouth. If I cared about those I'd go to their site and read the lyrics.

You seem to have the very backward belief that it's the music's job to help the lyrics. It's not, it's on it's own. Music is music, lyrics are a guest in music. Not the host.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post May 10th, 2006 12:51 AM
RogerRamjet
Playground Superstar

see? and i think that if you wrap a pile of monkey crap into fancy wrapping paper and tie it with a nice favour, you still have shit...

Sig by Scy!

Old Post May 10th, 2006 12:54 AM
Naz
Super Senior Member

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
The music does make sense. You just don't like the lyrics.

Music is like...music. That's what music is. If you listen to music for lyrics then you're simply missing the point. I buy a Rammstein CD to listen to the musicians on it, Till's voice, not the words coming out of his mouth.
-AC

and thats exactly why i listen to rammstein. when i listen to music, i have to listen to the lyrics, call it a bad habit, but i listen to lyrics and i like good lyrics, and dislike bad lyrics, like other people like good music and dislike bad music. and some lyrics i just don't like, and thats why i dont listen to music that goes with them, thats true. but lots are just stupid and dont make any sense at all.

Old Post May 10th, 2006 12:55 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Right, so? So some lyrics are stupid, so what?

No true MUSIC fan would stop liking the music because of it. The Mars Volta certainly wouldn't have any fans.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post May 10th, 2006 01:02 AM
Naz
Super Senior Member

quote:
see? and i think that if you wrap a pile of monkey crap into fancy wrapping paper and tie it with a nice favour, you still have shit...

this is pretty much what im trying to say.

no matter how good the music is, the stupid lyrics are the monkey crap stinking it up.

Old Post May 10th, 2006 01:16 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's now what you're trying to say though.

You're claiming how much you love the music, yet make a point to say how something that essentially doesn't matter...is ruining it for you.

Highly illogical. No amount of bad lyrics will every ruin good music for me at least. You'd have to be buying it for the lyrics for that to matter.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post May 10th, 2006 01:20 AM
Naz
Super Senior Member

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

You're claiming how much you love the music, yet make a point to say how something that essentially doesn't matter...is ruining it for you.

-AC

essentially doesn't matter? you must be crazy. (Leaving aside music with no words) its about expression right? saying what youre feeling and like that. Thats what music is. look at old country for a good example, thats music sung from the heart. when you have nonsense lyrics you ruin the spirit of good music. thats whats ruining it for me.

Old Post May 10th, 2006 01:23 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nazgulinthedark
essentially doesn't matter? you must be crazy. (Leaving aside music with no words) its about expression right? saying what youre feeling and like that. Thats what music is. look at old country for a good example, thats music sung from the heart. when you have nonsense lyrics you ruin the spirit of good music. thats whats ruining it for me.

Yes, lyrics essentially don't matter, to me at least.

Music is about emotion. Lyrics just define the emotion a bit. Vocals are an instrument, what they are SAYING doesn't matter.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post May 10th, 2006 01:29 AM