KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman vs Ultron

Superman vs Ultron
Started by: R.O.T. Yahman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Odekahn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DTM
I dont believe Superman capable of damaging Primary Adamantium, such Ultrons literally laughed when hit in the face by Thor and Wonder Man together. Now Id say Superman is stronger than Thor, but not by That much, not to the level that Thors hammer strikes do nothing to Ultron, but Superman can rip into him - not even close.

I don't know of a single time primary adamantium has been damaged. It can be altered at the molecular level, but you aren't going to destroy it by physical means. It's indestructability is its signature and what distinguishes primary and secondary.

You believe you are dealing with a mere mortal? Foolish is the man who knows not when a god stands before him...

Old Post May 19th, 2013 07:42 AM
Odekahn is currently offline Click here to Send Odekahn a Private Message Find more posts by Odekahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DTM

Welllll, Hulk did dent Primary Adamantium Ultron is SW (got his leg busted apart due to it, but he did do so). But yes, I agree, Primary Adamantium is about as indestructible as they come.

Old Post May 19th, 2013 07:44 AM
DTM is currently offline Click here to Send DTM a Private Message Find more posts by DTM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Odekahn

Originally posted by DTM
Welllll, Hulk did dent Primary Adamantium Ultron is SW (got his leg busted apart due to it, but he did do so). But yes, I agree, Primary Adamantium is about as indestructible as they come.

Could you link a scan? I'm looking through my copy of secret wars and I can't find it.

You believe you are dealing with a mere mortal? Foolish is the man who knows not when a god stands before him...

Old Post May 19th, 2013 08:03 AM
Odekahn is currently offline Click here to Send Odekahn a Private Message Find more posts by Odekahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Halfamazing
Restricted

Account Restricted

It is possible that with microscopic vision and condense HV that Supes can seperate the atomic bonds in Ultron and damage him. Maybe...

Old Post May 19th, 2013 08:04 AM
Halfamazing is currently offline Click here to Send Halfamazing a Private Message Find more posts by Halfamazing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Halfamazing
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superman has also shown the ability to go intangible so he may be ables to vibrate through and damage Ultron's inners. But then again Ultron did beat the shit out of Vision so I dunno.

Old Post May 19th, 2013 08:05 AM
Halfamazing is currently offline Click here to Send Halfamazing a Private Message Find more posts by Halfamazing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Odekahn

Originally posted by Halfamazing
It is possible that with microscopic vision and condense HV that Supes can seperate the atomic bonds in Ultron and damage him. Maybe...

Heatvison isn't going to do anything against primary adamantium.

Old Post May 19th, 2013 08:10 AM
Halfamazing
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Odekahn
Heatvison isn't going to do anything against primary adamantium.
Heat Vision can damage it on an moleculer level so it's very possible. Adamantium is durable because of it's atomic bonds, severe those bonds and the adamantium loses its durability. I only said that it's a possibility and not a sure fire thing anyway.

Old Post May 19th, 2013 08:13 AM
Shabazz916

Superman isn't going to do much against primary adamantium. And ultrons firepower is much more than simply "lasers".

All superman has to do is attact the joints the points where ultron has to move knees elbows neck those are not as durable as say his chest because they are bendable

Old Post May 19th, 2013 08:14 AM
Shabazz916 is currently offline Click here to Send Shabazz916 a Private Message Find more posts by Shabazz916 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Odekahn

Heat Vision can damage it on an moleculer level so it's very possible. Adamantium is durable because of it's atomic bonds, severe those bonds and the adamantium loses its durability. I only said that it's a possibility and not a sure fire thing anyway.

Wait. What?

Heat doesn't damage hardened primary adamantium. So heat vision isn't going to do anything.

Old Post May 19th, 2013 08:16 AM
Odekahn

Originally posted by Shabazz916
All superman has to do is attact the joints the points where ultron has to move knees elbows neck those are not as durable as say his chest because they are bendable

It's primary adamantium. It's got the same durability everywhere. Indestructible.

Old Post May 19th, 2013 08:17 AM
Halfamazing
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's primary adamantium. It's got the same durability everywhere. Indestructible.
Nope, Vibranium is a harder material than adamantium is. T'Challa anti metal claws have been able to damage vibranium because they seperate the atomic bonds that holds it together. So HV concentrated into a beam can easily do the same thing.

Old Post May 19th, 2013 08:23 AM
Odekahn

Nope, Vibranium is a harder material than adamantium is. T'Challa anti metal claws have been able to damage vibranium because they seperate the atomic bonds that holds it together. So HV concentrated into a beam can easily do the same thing.

Vibranium isn't harder than primary adamantium...

Old Post May 19th, 2013 08:24 AM
Halfamazing
Restricted

Account Restricted

Vibranium isn't harder than primary adamantium...
Vibranium is harder than all adamantium, but even if it isn't, show some evidence of primary adamantium's atomic bonds being as durable.

Old Post May 19th, 2013 08:28 AM
Shabazz916

He would not be able to move if that was the case. Same thing as wolverine.

Old Post May 19th, 2013 08:29 AM
Shabazz916 is currently offline Click here to Send Shabazz916 a Private Message Find more posts by Shabazz916 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DTM

Could you link a scan? I'm looking through my copy of secret wars and I can't find it.

Sorry, I cant do scans, but its a popular event in SW. Its towards the end of the series, #10 maybe, when Hulk slams a small opening into Ultron, allowing Wasp to fly inside him and destroy him from the inside.

Or I could search online for existing scans:

http://www.mynetimages.com/beb2c0ae.jpg

Old Post May 19th, 2013 08:34 AM
DTM is currently offline Click here to Send DTM a Private Message Find more posts by DTM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magnon

Adamantium may have a really, really high melting point... but it is still metal and as such it is a good thermal conductor. In Secret Wars, Human Torch beat Ultron since the robot's internal systems were damaged from the heat. Superman can replicate this feat with his heat vision.

Superman wins.

Old Post May 19th, 2013 11:06 AM
Magnon is currently offline Click here to Send Magnon a Private Message Find more posts by Magnon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

The Human Torch incident is interesting. Certainly if Supes was fighting an Ultron of that level then he could probably win the same way.

The intangibility thing is also interesting. I wonder if beings like Superman and the Flash could do to Ultron what Flash did to Amazo? They are more than just intangibility - they also have that whole vibration thing going...

...in fact I wonder if Superman or more likely Flash could mimic the vibratory effect that causes vibranium to break down adamantium?

As for destroying the atomic bonds, that is also an interesting one. Adamantium for all its durability is still a metal and still seems to have a regular atomic structure which can be broken down by the right application of energy. Supes is kind of unique in having the ability to see atomic bonds combined with the power to target them with a vast amount of heat energy. But I'm not so sure he could do it over any large enough volume to cause real damage.

Otherwise he's just going to have to resort to power and speed to try to get enough hits in to do some internal damage.

Old Post May 19th, 2013 02:07 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Odekahn

Originally posted by DTM
Sorry, I cant do scans, but its a popular event in SW. Its towards the end of the series, #10 maybe, when Hulk slams a small opening into Ultron, allowing Wasp to fly inside him and destroy him from the inside.

Or I could search online for existing scans:

http://www.mynetimages.com/beb2c0ae.jpg

I flipped through the entire thing and didn't find it. There is a robot that gets destroyed in the way you're talking about, but it isn't Ultron. Maybe you are misremembering?

Old Post May 19th, 2013 03:31 PM
Odekahn

Vibranium is harder than all adamantium, but even if it isn't, show some evidence of primary adamantium's atomic bonds being as durable.

You are the one who made the claim that vibranium is harder than primary adamantium. You are the one who has something to prove here.

Old Post May 19th, 2013 03:33 PM
Odekahn

Originally posted by Magnon
Adamantium may have a really, really high melting point... but it is still metal and as such it is a good thermal conductor. In Secret Wars, Human Torch beat Ultron since the robot's internal systems were damaged from the heat. Superman can replicate this feat with his heat vision.

Superman wins.

Again, Ultron has evolved since secret wars. And human torch still couldn't damage ultrons outer shell.

Old Post May 19th, 2013 03:35 PM