KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Luke Skywalker vs Kyle Katarn

Who would win in a lightsaber fight
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Kyle Katarn 3 16.67%
Luke Skywalker 15 83.33%
Total: 18 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Luke Skywalker vs Kyle Katarn
Started by: fisto/katarnrul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I remember a time when Revan, Saodw or Nadd could defeat NJO Luke, alas no longer are they top dogs?

Old Post Dec 16th, 2005 01:26 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Oh, I'm just listing the obvious contenders. I'm sure those you listed could give Luke a run for his money, if not take him out. Except for Revan. . .

Old Post Dec 16th, 2005 01:27 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Yeah, Ragnos is probably the most likely to pwn Luke, as would be Nihilus.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2005 01:28 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Well, Nihilus is, unfortunately, a given, unless Skywalker can nail him with 'oober greeeen furce lytning' first.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2005 01:30 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Which will only make Nihilus nap.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2005 04:26 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordMArkaRAgnos

Hey katarns much better at the lightsaber than luke.If it were the pre-njo luke than katarn ould easily defeat him.Nothings proves this more than lukes failure at defeating desann,whereas kyle defeated desann fair and square.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 02:21 PM
Click here to Send LordMArkaRAgnos a Private Message Find more posts by LordMArkaRAgnos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Thats because that was game where you controlled Kyle, not luke and you as Kyle had to save the galaxy.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 02:30 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordMArkaRAgnos

STill the story is considered canonical.Even if it was a video game so what?.I agree the njo luke would be super powerful with the force and kyle would probably not stand a chance then.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 03:35 PM
Click here to Send LordMArkaRAgnos a Private Message Find more posts by LordMArkaRAgnos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I know its canonical. Thats a grand ol' shame.

It's not so extreme as the CW is, so you can't win an argument saying it's just because its a game, but in the JK series, Kyle back chats Luke with smart-arsed remarks. Not cool. You don't back chat Luke Skywalker. he wears black.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 04:30 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Katarn

I hate everyone exaggerating NJO Lukes power. Everyones saying he could beat ancient sith and jedi hes not that powerful most pt jedi could beat him and so could Kyle. Luke is the most powerful of the new jedi order but hes only had Half the training the pt jedi did.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 06:13 PM
Click here to Send Darth Katarn a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Katarn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

That comment seems really bias against Luke I must say.

I'd prefer if Luke wasn't so powerful but Lucas wanted more cash; hence... "What the hey! Let's continue the story post-RotJ, but of course we have to have luke Skywalker as the most powerful jedi and to make things interesting lets mess around with the Force and logic a bit"...

You can say you don't like Luke, but no ones is exaggerating his powerful from a personal opinion, it's because the NJO writers have made him soooo powerful that arguing his power just defies logic.

And if your suggesting Kyle had better jedi training than luke then you are wrong as hell, Kyle didn't even have a PT Jedi train him, he just went mad when one of his daddies drinking buddies was cut down.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 06:49 PM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

quote: (post)
Originally posted by fisto/katarnrul
I hate everyone exaggerating NJO Lukes power. Everyones saying he could beat ancient sith and jedi hes not that powerful most pt jedi could beat him and so could Kyle. Luke is the most powerful of the new jedi order but hes only had Half the training the pt jedi did.

This is an EU suboforum. If you don't understand EU, leave. Kyle stands no chance against Luke. Luke, using just his left hand was specifically stated as stronger then anyone else alive in the order. Obviously Kyle is pwned.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 09:18 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

While I like Katarn way more, it's asinine to think he'd win. While he might be a better duelist...chances are he wouldn't even get an opportunity to use his saber. Luke could overpower him with the Force in his sleep.

I'm a signature!

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 09:34 PM
Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Did you read my post? It was stated that even if Luke used just his left hand in a lightsaber fight, he could still beat anyone else at the academy. That includes people like Kyle. No way is Katarn even close in dueling ability.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 10:12 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tidas
IMF

if its Njo luke then he would pawn Kyle just after the duel has started

I tell the truth even when i'm lying

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 10:17 PM
Click here to Send Tidas a Private Message Find more posts by Tidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

I really doubt any Sith could even stand up to Luke considering his sheer speed and power...That includes Ragnos and Kun. Kyle is no match for Luke in any respect. Kyle had a hard time with Jeng Droga....Luke was currently defeating Brakiss-Droga's boss-without trying

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 10:27 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Did you read my post? It was stated that even if Luke used just his left hand in a lightsaber fight, he could still beat anyone else at the academy. That includes people like Kyle. No way is Katarn even close in dueling ability.

blah blah, blah blah. I'm agreeing with you, or did you miss that?

I'm a signature!

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 10:31 PM
Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

I saw that, you just said Kyle is the better duelist, which we know not to be true.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 03:39 AM
Darth Katarn

actually that is true it is stated that kyle is the formost battlemaster of the jedi academy

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 06:28 PM
Click here to Send Darth Katarn a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Katarn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Source and meaning?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 06:38 PM