KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Character Ownage

Character Ownage
Started by: Null

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5119): « First ... « 4396 4397 [4398] 4399 4400 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CosmicComet

Speaking of deflection.

lol

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 05:25 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sin I AM
U all are idiots. She's in a swamp and youre like "why isn't she wearing fishnets" "sjws suck" stfu...her costume is fine. Cosmic Boy wore a goddamn corset at one point it's ok for a woman to wear pants. Jfc
Bro, they changed her outfit, it's not because she's in a swamp. You might as well argue she should be wearing hip waders instead.

Why they did that is anyone's guess (complete mystery), but with today's climate people can hazard that guess. It doesn't help that the fishnets and and hat were her most iconic look. It'd be like taking the star, or blue away from Cap, or the helmet or... hammer... away from Thor. Women can wear pants, no one is saying it's impossible for women to put their legs through pantholes. They're saying that them taking away her fishnets is caca, and here's the reason they think why.

They did the pants thing before, but they at least kept the fishnets on her arms I guess. People don't like change. Seems like they kind of put the fishnets back (or bits of it, which makes less sense) but we'll see how that goes down the road.

Last edited by One Big Mob on Jun 23rd, 2018 at 05:55 PM

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 05:42 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 05:44 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

U all are idiots. She's in a swamp and youre like "why isn't she wearing fishnets" "sjws suck" stfu...her costume is fine. Cosmic Boy wore a goddamn corset at one point it's ok for a woman to wear pants. Jfc

laughing out loud

While you do make sense, keep in mind that superheroes/heroines don't tend to dress much for occasions, they wear one costume 24/7.

I f*cking loved Classic Psylocke marching through sewers, btw.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 05:51 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...eview-sentry-1/

Beautiful, isn't it?

I really want to know if that's taking place in Bobs head or an alternate reality. I lean towards his head.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 06:54 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Bro, they changed her outfit, it's not because she's in a swamp. You might as well argue she should be wearing hip waders instead.

Why they did that is anyone's guess (complete mystery), but with today's climate people can hazard that guess. It doesn't help that the fishnets and and hat were her most iconic look. It'd be like taking the star, or blue away from Cap, or the helmet or... hammer... away from Thor. Women can wear pants, no one is saying it's impossible for women to put their legs through pantholes. They're saying that them taking away her fishnets is caca, and here's the reason they think why.

They did the pants thing before, but they at least kept the fishnets on her arms I guess. People don't like change. Seems like they kind of put the fishnets back (or bits of it, which makes less sense) but we'll see how that goes down the road.

And? So what if they did? She still has her trademark top hat and long coat which is homage to dad. I dont get the outrage. Like I was saying a male character like say Cap can get a gun metal militaristic uniform..an energy shield and a face mask and people will call it dark and edgy. Hell Thor can LOSE a arm and his hammer and still be cool. But let a female sex symbol throw on a pair of jeans, cut her hair or button up her blouse and it's sjw propaganda.

Im not bashing you..mind you. Im just calling bullshit.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 10:16 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

They always change Zatanna's outfit. They did during her solo series before flashpoint, they did during Justice League darks first run, then switched it back to fishnets, now back to pants.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 10:18 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Zack knows it.

They always have costume changes.

The artist probably was just lazy doing a side character in throwaway scene, so rather than do detailed fishnets, trousers it is.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 10:29 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

And? So what if they did? She still has her trademark top hat and long coat which is homage to dad. I dont get the outrage. Like I was saying a male character like say Cap can get a gun metal militaristic uniform..an energy shield and a face mask and people will call it dark and edgy. Hell Thor can LOSE a arm and his hammer and still be cool. But let a female sex symbol throw on a pair of jeans, cut her hair or button up her blouse and it's sjw propaganda.

Im not bashing you..mind you. Im just calling bullshit.
Because there isn't a big agenda going around about overtly sexualizing male characters. That's the difference. Have you ever seen any news on any game in the past 5 years that has any hint of the female being sexualized? People lose their ****ing minds.
It doesn't help that toning down the sexuality falls in line with the current agendas. Suddenly most of the females in comics stopped dressing in basically panties? Pure coincidence... has nothing to do with the current climate.
It doesn't matter if they made the greatest costume ever, it's hard to separate it from being agenda driven with everything that's going on. Good or bad, everything is relevant to that nowadays and a very possible reason for change.

It'd be like if there was a big Irish potato disaster going on and suddenly everyone started caring about Irish people. Pure coincidence is that Irish people start numbering in the dozens in comics. Suddenly you have a bunch of Superman and Cyclops knockoffs talking about potatoes and drinking. Nothing to do with the Potato Famine Rebirth. Nothing.

Also, like you said yourself "sex symbol". None of these male characters are sexualized to the same degree. Plus, Thor was dressing down if anything when he went full on depression.

And you seem to forget that people hated taking Thor's hammer away, losing his name, and there exists the whole 90's costume fiasco where everyone was dressed like they take double penetration up the ass pit. None of those costumes were good. Plus you just used an armored character in Cap wearing more armor as if that applies directly. Didn't he also turn into an old man at the time as well? He also turned into a nazi recently too... of which people hated as well. Really didn't like actually.

More people probably hated every costume change you listed than the people who think covering up Zatanna's asscheeks is a propaganda machine spinning its cogs. That doesn't mean it does or doesn't have merit. Still though, hard to separate from agendas with everything going on.

Also also...

"But let a female sex symbol throw on a pair of jeans, cut her hair or button up her blouse and it's sjw propaganda."

It usually is. Look what they did to Carol for example.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 11:00 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by Enzeru
Beautiful, isn't it?

I really want to know if that's taking place in Bobs head or an alternate reality. I lean towards his head.
Head...

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 11:25 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Who doesnt have an agenda? You make it seem as if it's a new thing..like its only in the past decade comics or whatever medium have JUST begun to peddle their own socio-politico ideas.

Which agendas are you referring to besides trying to tell good stories? Because I can't think of a time in comics history where the creators had their heads this far up their asses. Making a political story isn't the same as what is effectively propaganda that Marvel makes now. You can tell when the story takes a complete backseat to the ideology.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 06:11 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Just posting some non-agenda material here for my fellow true believers

https://i.imgur.com/OisWKN4.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/r7c8Kln.jpg

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 06:29 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by Damborgson

no agendas there, no sir. thumb up

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 06:37 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Damborgson

No agenda, I see no agenda there. What are you talking about you chauvinistic, sexist, pig, Y chromosome having male?

That's Watchman class writing there.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 06:54 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash

I just remembered, in the very same issue where Mockingbird talks about not having a Y chromosome, a nine year old girl uses her new attained powers to kill no less than four people (all of them men, one was a police officer) and gets off Scott free.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 07:06 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Guys, back on topic.

OBM, wtf.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 07:13 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Don’t know if this was posted already. But here is a big Superman ownage.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 09:15 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash

Originally posted by SquallX
Don’t know if this was posted already. But here is a big Superman ownage.

you know, I wanted to post that months ago but didn't feel like it.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 12:29 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 09:42 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Classic Colossus.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 01:36 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote