KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Character Ownage

Character Ownage
Started by: Null

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5119): « First ... « 4512 4513 [4514] 4515 4516 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Where was this stated on panel? Scans please.

Only Mages my friend.

Originally posted by beatboks
Grundy absorbs energy that is ambien (pparticularly fond of magic as Alan Scot and Dr Fate can attest to, but also likes radiation). The thing here is that to my knowedge hyperion doesnt give off energy and the gamma given off by fixit is vastly below that of any other hulk. In the presence of these two I wouldnt expect him to be at very high levels at all. When he fought Courtney when she was SSK (with just the belt that uses as much cosmic energy as tthe rod but doesnt "project " it the way the rod does ) he was no where near as powerful as whe he faced when she carried the Rod.

Theres a reason why Wildcat and Batman can fight him in a good fight but when around guys like Fate, Alan, Etc he can take on teams.

One of his last pre COIE appearances when je faced Alan, Classic Fate and had been in a swamp used to dumpradioactive waste, he'd absorbed so much energy that he developed TK and started mentally hurling every piece of wood for miles at Alan.
There's another where hes struck by lightning and it states on panel that it makes him the most powerful he's ever been.
in a mini with him and Alan he crushes Alan'sAlan's battery after absorbing its energy (ffew pages later Alan draws all the green energy back into himself from the neighborhood where it was smashed).
There are a few dozen more.

It was also stated in both of his who'swho's who entries that he absorbed energy to enhance him.

I'll take the Marvel team here due to intelligence and the fact that in this fight I'dI'd see Grundy as no more imposing than Fixit.

http://static1.comicvine.com/upload...wer+absorb+.jpg

http://static1.comicvine.com/upload...5+-+page+16.jpg

http://static1.comicvine.com/upload...y+lightning.jpg

FWIW. I personally wasn't 100% convinced, which means that Carver will be 1000% convinced by it.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 06:26 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Grundy at his best is pretty beastly. Frankenstein with Michael's sword wasn't able to completely stop him.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 06:49 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Good post by beatboks

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 07:17 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
http://static1.comicvine.com/upload...wer+absorb+.jpg

http://static1.comicvine.com/upload...5+-+page+16.jpg

http://static1.comicvine.com/upload...y+lightning.jpg

FWIW. I personally wasn't 100% convinced, which means that Carver will be 1000% convinced by it.

That's EXTREMELY flimsy evidence imo for a character that has endured since the Pre-COIE. There's stronger evidence for Thor being telepathic or Hulk flying from the 60s.

And being able to absorb evidence sometimes is a FAR cry from his power levels being defined by who he's fighting. I can post 10 random fights by different writers of Grundy getting his ass kicked and not once has this been mentioned. This isn't Superman/Kryptonite common knowledge. So Prep Man is still a clown.

Grundy clearly fluctuates greatly. An in-story reason for this is that his power level fluctuates with incarnations. The real reason? Grundy is canon-fodder.

To be clear, this isn't directed at you particularly DS.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Sep 18th, 2018 at 07:29 PM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 07:26 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Good post by beatboks

He knows his SA characters. Either way, I said Grundy at his team busting levels. He could hang with the toughest.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 07:34 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'm only here because of you Stilt. When you leave KMC I'll leave as well.
Wait, so all we have to do to get rid of you is get rid of Stilt? Interesting...

(please log in to view the image)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 08:47 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

So Stilt is to blame.

He should just take one for the team. Or better yet, create a sock account and leave Stiltman alone. I'm sure the mods would allow it this time.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 09:08 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Stilt is the Bruce to carver's Banner.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 09:11 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Senor Cage
He knows his SA characters. Either way, I said Grundy at his team busting levels. He could hang with the toughest.

Which Grundy did Damage fight? What power level are he at?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 09:58 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Galan007
Wait, so all we have to do to get rid of you is get rid of Stilt? Interesting...

You've become a mod but I'm reaching for global.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 09:59 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

I thought we were buds Carver?

This changes everything now

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 09:59 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Which Grundy did Damage fight? What power level are he at?

Since he was born on a Monday, second tier level.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 10:15 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

You've become a mod but I'm reaching for global.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 10:17 PM
carver9

Lol

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 11:16 PM
carver9

Originally posted by Senor Cage
Since he was born on a Monday, second tier level.

What is second tier?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 11:19 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

What is second tier?
Monday afternoon.

You should see Grundy on a Thursday night. Bonafide fifth tier level.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 11:21 PM
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

You should see him on a saturday getting wasted and shit.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 12:18 AM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Icemans new ongoing has got to be the most cringe worthy book of 2018.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 12:20 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

R.I.P Iceman fans.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 05:46 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by BruhMan
R.I.P Iceman fans.
implying that he had any fans before.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 06:49 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote