KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Minority Report

Minority Report
Started by: Raz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

speilberg's "dark" films of past has shows once and for all that he cant really make dark films.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2002 08:38 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Yup, they all have happy endings!
Best ending I've seen is from American Beauty!
Sad and happy at the same time!
Genius!

Old Post Jun 19th, 2002 09:18 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

cuckoos nest has an ending like that, sad and happy.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2002 09:19 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

AI was pants, I hope MR is nothing like it.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2002 02:06 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

i saw it, it was really good, just a bit drawn out and a needless amount of twists, but very entertaining.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2002 05:45 PM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

I could name 3 points in that film where it should have ended but it just kept going and going and going etc.....

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2002 12:38 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Yeah mech, i thought it wsa going to end about 5 times before it actually did.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2002 07:43 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

Haven't seen MR yet, but it beat Lilo&Stitch by only a little under half million over the weekend. Doesn't sound like a blockbuster.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2002 02:23 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Its due out here on 4th July *cough cough my birthday cough cough* and so there have been some longer newer clips shown on TV and I've gotta say that some of the CGI looks a little err funny.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2002 08:17 PM
Dim
Creativity

I saw it...it was pretty good...even with Tom Cruise. I liked the whole fate aspect of it..gives you something to think about.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2002 02:13 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myndon
I'm the one who talks

i'm seeing it next week

can't wait

Ergo, open your yapper one more time and i'll architect a world of pain all over your candy ass! Ergo! Concorditly! vis-a-vis!

Old Post Jul 5th, 2002 12:05 PM
Myndon is currently offline Click here to Send Myndon a Private Message Find more posts by Myndon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Billy The Kid
Wanted dead or alive

The movie has allready gotten in to the www.imdb.com top 250 movies.

Maybe I see it after all.

(I think there are too many "new" films on the top 250 anyway!!!!)

Old Post Jul 5th, 2002 12:08 PM
Billy The Kid is currently offline Click here to Send Billy The Kid a Private Message Find more posts by Billy The Kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zed

really enjoyed the movie, Tom Cruise was good so was Colin Farrell (he replaced Matt Damon who was busy with "The Bourne Identity")

The movie has some very tense moments and some excellent directing, and some really funny moments.

Spielberg actually shot the whole movie in a blue tint trying to achieve a more different look, and the research behind the movie does make it believable future.

A lads day out rating 8.1/10

Old Post Jul 15th, 2002 01:23 AM
Zed is currently offline Click here to Send Zed a Private Message Find more posts by Zed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Cool. I wanna see it, I haven't yet.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2002 02:51 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myndon
I'm the one who talks

seen minority report and it rocked
all the gunny shippy thingys and sick sticks
yay big grin laughing out loud

Ergo, open your yapper one more time and i'll architect a world of pain all over your candy ass! Ergo! Concorditly! vis-a-vis!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2002 12:17 PM
Myndon is currently offline Click here to Send Myndon a Private Message Find more posts by Myndon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mahdi
Goddess

This movie kicked ass, seriously, but i fyou don't like sci- fi movies don't go see this one. Tom Cruise was excellent even though I don't care too much for him in other movies. I wasn't going to see it, but I wanted to know what all of the hype was about so I finally saw it. It was great!!

And if there were no rewards to reap,
No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here,
I certainly would've walked away by now.
(Tool- "The Patient")

Old Post Feb 10th, 2003 08:55 PM
mahdi is currently offline Click here to Send mahdi a Private Message Find more posts by mahdi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Boy
Kevski

Minority Report rocks!

www.myspace.com/throughsolace
Through Solace- The Stand out in March 08 on Holdfast Records

Old Post Feb 11th, 2003 11:06 PM
Bad Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

mediocre

Old Post Feb 12th, 2003 07:52 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ariwin

Mediocre?
i thought it was incredible....thought the plot could have used some clarification. the 'surprise ending' was a little too big of surprise...there was plenty of room in that movie for spielburg to insert some foreshadowing.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2003 09:04 PM
ariwin is currently offline Click here to Send ariwin a Private Message Find more posts by ariwin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tevesh

Minority Report

I haven't read the book, so this may be explained in it, but not the movie.

The entire basis of the movie is that Lamar Burgess, the director of Pre-Crime, was able to get away with murder by hiring a junkie to kill Agatha's (a pre-cog) mother. The crime was predicted and prevented. Lamar then conducted the murder in the exact same manner as it was predicted before. Only this time, the people monitoring "the temple" thought it was an echo, a pre-cog flashback, and ignored it. Thus, Burgess got away with murder.

Now, when a murder is commited, or about to be commited, those weird machines carve out the wooden balls with the name of the murderer and the victim. When the first attempted murder of Agatha's mother was predicted, those balls would have had Agatha's mother's name as the victim, and the name of the junkie as the murderer. But, when Burgess commited the same act in the same manner, shouldn't the victim ball be the same, but the murderer ball say Lamar Burgess? Allowing the people monitoring "the temple" to know that this is a completely different murder.

I'm assuming that echos would not have the machines carve out the balls. Or maybe, I'm wrong, and it takes the appoval of the staff monitoring "the temple" to have the names carved out, but the movie made no such attempt so show this.

Any idea, comment, or critisisms are welcome

Unless the question is: What isn't the answer?

Old Post May 8th, 2003 03:56 AM
Tevesh is currently offline Click here to Send Tevesh a Private Message Find more posts by Tevesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote