KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Quinlan Vos vs. Luminara Unduli

Quinlan Vos vs. Luminara Unduli
Started by: Master Vos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I agree with darthsith on this one. Vos doesn't have the experience and style mastery that Luminara has. It doesn't hurt that she hasn't really lost a battle and was the best Soresu practitioner besides Obi-Wan. And she's older than Obi-Wan, more dextrous and has amazing Force mastery (The Approaching Storm, Medstar Duology, Cloak of Deception.) so I find it hard to believe that some undisciplined half-jedi would beat her in a fight.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 03:34 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

The dark side. Pfff. Obi-Wan has proven in his fight with Anakin/Vader that Soresu is more than a match for the dark side. If Vos were to use the dark side he wouldn't stand a chance.

He also proved with Dooku that Soresu sucks. And Vos is proficient in Makashi.

Throw Agen around? If I remember correctly he was had to run to escape (although he had no choice cause he was really still a Jedi).

Vos didn't want to kill Agen. That's the difference.

Luminara not in Kolar's league? Please, stop now. As if she wouldn't be able to block at least one swing from Sidious.

She wouldn't AT ALL. She would get her shit tossed all over the damn office.

I don't think she has any fear. She's pretty much the perfect Jedi.

Perfect enough to die during Order 66?

Wait! Vos survived Order 66. Luminara didn't! That's Ironic, now isn't it?

Maul didn't use Vaapad. And doesn't Vos use Makashi?

Yes, he does. Was trained by Dooku. He was also trained some Vapaad by Mace. More than one move. That's silly. I think his first form was Djem So....

He knows of at least three forms. That would be why he slaughtered a group of Nightsisters and killed a Century old Dark Jedi.

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 11:12 AM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ianus
I agree with darthsith on this one. Vos doesn't have the experience and style mastery that Luminara has. It doesn't hurt that she hasn't really lost a battle and was the best Soresu practitioner besides Obi-Wan. And she's older than Obi-Wan, more dextrous and has amazing Force mastery (The Approaching Storm, Medstar Duology, Cloak of Deception.) so I find it hard to believe that some undisciplined half-jedi would beat her in a fight.

That undisciplined half-jedi survived the Purge with Makashi.

Luminara died in the purge... With Soresu!

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 11:12 AM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I never did reply to DarthSith's post hehe

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 05:04 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-
[:::::{============)

Sorgo's right. Vos wins with Makashi.

BlackZero30x created this a-'Maize'-ing signature! =)

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 05:06 PM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Very close though.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 05:11 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Sorgo, she got WTFpwned by artillery from a CLONE ARMY!

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 06:40 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

quote:
He also proved with Dooku that Soresu sucks.

It does appear that Soresu is weak against Makashi.
quote:
And Vos is proficient in Makashi.

Would you mind saying where you found out that Vos uses Makashi?
quote:
She wouldn't AT ALL. She would get her shit tossed all over the damn office.

WTF, of course she'd block a few swings, even Kit blocked what, 2 or 3. I didn't say she'd do good just that she'd do better than Agen did.
quote:
Perfect enough to die during Order 66?

She'd the perfect Jedi in the sense that she follows all the rules and trains and follows the code and stuff. To be strong isn't to be perfect. Anakin's strong. Is he perfect?
quote:
Wait! Vos survived Order 66. Luminara didn't! That's Ironic, now isn't it?

Yeah, and Mace didn't survive either eek! So I guess Vos>Mace!
quote:
Was trained by Dooku.

Does it ever say he was trained to use Makashi?
quote:
He was also trained some Vapaad by Mace. More than one move.

What? When?
quote:
He knows of at least three forms. That would be why he slaughtered a group of Nightsisters and killed a Century old Dark Jedi.

Oooooooooo. Wow, he did all that. I guess he does beat Luminara then stick out tongue

No, seriously, if you can give me a source that says he known Makashi then I'll agree with you that't he'd win. If not then I say Luminara all the way.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 08:27 PM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Hmm when was it exactly proven that Makashi>Soresu?

Dooku beat Obi Wan, but thats logical as Dooku>>>>>WTFPwns>>>>Obi

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 08:33 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Dooku is also the only living master of Makashi in his time, with perhaps Cin Drallig running a close second. He shouldn't be compared at all with the runt Vos.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 08:34 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

And to follow up on that point, it would be like saying that because Mace with Vaapad/Juyo can pwn Sidious, Maul could pwn Sidious too since he knows most of Juyo.

It doesn't follow.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 08:39 PM
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

And to follow up on that point, it would be like saying that because Mace with Vaapad/Juyo can pwn Sidious, Maul could pwn Sidious too since he knows most of Juyo.

It doesn't follow.

Yeah but Obi-Wan wasn't far behind Anakin and Anakin beat Dooku while Dooku pwnd Obi-Wan, which makes me think Soresu's weak against Makashi.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 08:43 PM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I would argue that Obi-Wan was A ) the focus of Dooku's aggression, since even the novelistion points to Dooku wanting to isolate Anakin by means of eliminating Obi-Wan, and B ) Obi-Wan wasn't able to just sit back and defend, he had to mesh with Anakin which meant being offensive for a change. Notice that every time he went offensive with Dooku he got owned.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 08:45 PM
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

I would argue that Obi-Wan was A ) the focus of Dooku's aggression, since even the novelistion points to Dooku wanting to isolate Anakin by means of eliminating Obi-Wan, and B ) Obi-Wan wasn't able to just sit back and defend, he had to mesh with Anakin which meant being offensive for a change. Notice that every time he went offensive with Dooku he got owned.

Very true. But I still think Soresu is weak against Makashi. Moving to AOTC, Anakin is weaker than Obi-Wan but lasted longer against Dooku which means either Anakin's form is good against Makashi or Soresu is bad against Makashi or some of each.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 08:57 PM
Fishy

Or perhaps just again Dooku wanted to take out Obi Wan faster... He was the bigger threat at that time.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 09:02 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

It's also entirely possible that Dooku knows both of their moves well, and he decided to toy with Anakin for longer. Dooku vastly outclasses both with sheer knowledge and practice, and his form is the most complete saber to saber form out there. Saying Soresu is weak against it is as about as accurate as saying that Maul's Juyo is weak against Obi-Wan's Ataru; it's all relative to the skill and completion of the user. Dooku can potentially destroy all saber opposition of his era because his form is the most complete for saber to saber duelling. This doesn't make Soresu weak at all. You're taking a 40 some year old Soresu master and comparing him to a 70 some year old Makashi master and coming to the conclusion that Makashi > Soresu in all its forms.

This is also contradictory to the basic description of Soresu, which includes its master being invincible to offense should the form be mastered, but being unable to press the attack, instead being limited to counter attack.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 09:09 PM
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Originally posted by Fishy
Or perhaps just again Dooku wanted to take out Obi Wan faster... He was the bigger threat at that time.

Yeah but he wanted to take both of them out and it doesn't seem like he was toying with either of them.
quote:
It's also entirely possible that Dooku knows both of their moves well, and he decided to toy with Anakin for longer.

It didn't seem like Dooku was toying with Anakin. He wasn't taunting him or anything, and in the novel Anakin actually does better than he did in the movie and Dooku complements him.
quote:
You're taking a 40 some year old Soresu master and comparing him to a 70 some year old Makashi master and coming to the conclusion that Makashi > Soresu in all its forms.

It just seems that way.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 09:37 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

That's still a Hasty Generalization.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 09:46 PM
REXXXX
Networking

It is a generalization, but it still seems like that would be the case.

That, or Dooku has surpassed being a Master at Makashi and has hit the rank of uber-l337-Master.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 09:52 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

This is possible. In a few years, he would just become a ray of light or something.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 09:53 PM