KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Quinlan Vos vs. Luminara Unduli

Quinlan Vos vs. Luminara Unduli
Started by: Master Vos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Now wouldn't that be fun.

*watches Dooku kinda zip around like a laser...but a laser with a lightsaber attached...*

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 09:58 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Pillar o' Dooku.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 10:00 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Indeed...

Somehow I feel that Dooku isn't Luminara or Quinlan.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 10:05 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Dooku is far above Obi Wan and Anakin... If you could put SW people into classes then Dooku would be in the great class, while Obi Wan and Anakin would both be in the good class... But not at the top of that yet.. They were above average but not great... Dooku was he knew the perfect style for lightsaber combat was old controlled the force and he was smart.

His use of Makashi goes far beyond that of anybody else in that era, his lightsaber skills if matched by any would only be matched by Mace and Mace is also far above those guys. To make any assumptions based on Dooku his lightsaber style except for the fact that it could make somebody great is stupid if you ask me.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 10:08 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

quote:
his lightsaber skills if matched by any would only be matched by Mace

Yoda

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 10:36 PM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

It does appear that Soresu is weak against Makashi.

Dooku wa also a Master of it. But so far, that's the indication.

Would you mind saying where you found out that Vos uses Makashi?

We see Dooku training him in the Comics. He could either know alot or know a little. He has to be a good Lightsaber scrapper, seeing as how he stalemated with Mace.

WTF, of course she'd block a few swings, even Kit blocked what, 2 or 3. I didn't say she'd do good just that she'd do better than Agen did.

What makes you think she's as good as Kit is, hmm?

She'd the perfect Jedi in the sense that she follows all the rules and trains and follows the code and stuff. To be strong isn't to be perfect. Anakin's strong. Is he perfect?

Wow. Hey! I follow in the rules of the Jedi perfectly. This must mean I can WTFpwn anyone, right? WRONG!

Yeah, and Mace didn't survive either eek! So I guess Vos>Mace!

Oh my god... Did you see Maces circumstances for not surviving?

Does it ever say he was trained to use Makashi?

No. It shows pictures.

What? When?
He told Aayla Secura he had some experience with Windu.

Oooooooooo. Wow, he did all that. I guess he does beat Luminara then stick out tongue

He also killed Sora Bulq. Dude, Darth Maul had trouble with one Nightsister. Quinlan killed a group.

No, seriously, if you can give me a source that says he known Makashi then I'll agree with you that't he'd win. If not then I say Luminara all the way.

Well, from what I know, he uses Makashi and Vaapad.

If she is so experienced, why did she die during the Purge using a Lightsaber form the is proficient with blocking Blaster fire?

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 11:33 PM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Just wanted to talk about your proof on Vos knowing Makashi. Just because Dooku trained him means nothing. Look at the form Quo-gon used. Same with Anakin using form five while Obi-wan used 3.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 11:38 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Just wanted to talk about your proof on Vos knowing Makashi. Just because Dooku trained him means nothing. Look at the form Quo-gon used. Same with Anakin using form five while Obi-wan used 3.

Uh... He trains him in the Comics.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 11:48 PM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

quote:
But so far, that's the indication.

Good, someone agrees.
quote:
We see Dooku training him in the Comics.

This doesn't mean Vos knows Makashi. Obi-Wan trained Anakin but they use different forms. Yoda trained Dooku but they use different forms. Luke and Yoda and Luke and Obi-Wan use different forms. What form your master uses is irrevelent to what form you use.
quote:
What makes you think she's as good as Kit is, hmm?

Wanna start a thread on it?
quote:
Wow. Hey! I follow in the rules of the Jedi perfectly. This must mean I can WTFpwn anyone, right? WRONG!

That's not what I said, I said I can't see her making a mistake.
quote:
Oh my god... Did you see Maces circumstances for not surviving?

And did you see Luminara's? No, I didn't think so, so for all we know Vos went up against 5 Troopers and Luminara went up against 500.
quote:
He told Aayla Secura he had some experience with Windu.

When did he tell her?
quote:
He also killed Sora Bulq. Dude, Darth Maul had trouble with one Nightsister. Quinlan killed a group.

Sorry, I don't know what a Nightsister is.
quote:

Point being?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 12:08 AM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Sorgo, Luminara was killed by artillery fire. No lightsaber can deflect that.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 12:23 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Vos has dreads!

Default win.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 12:24 AM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Dark Aristokrat
Sorgo, Luminara was killed by artillery fire. No lightsaber can deflect that.

In the comics AND in the deleted scene from ROTS, Camo Troopers turn around and blast her ass.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 01:29 AM
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Sorgo
In the comics AND in the deleted scene from ROTS, Camo Troopers turn around and blast her ass.

Yep, that's how she dies.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 01:37 AM
Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Doesn't matter if he was the one who trained him or not, he doesn't necessarily know Makashi. He didn't come close to having time to learn it, for one, and he had to learn a good bit of Juyo because he knew some of Vapaad(almost nothing). He has to relearn form 1 and then learn some of form 7, and then some of Vapaad. Unless he learns faster then several times faster then ROTJ Luke, he doesn't know Vapaad.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 04:10 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Doesn't matter if he was the one who trained him or not, he doesn't necessarily know Makashi. He didn't come close to having time to learn it, for one, and he had to learn a good bit of Juyo because he knew some of Vapaad(almost nothing). He has to relearn form 1 and then learn some of form 7, and then some of Vapaad. Unless he learns faster then several times faster then ROTJ Luke, he doesn't know Vapaad.

Yeah... Him and Dooku moving together doesn't mean much.

So... Quinlan becomes Dooku's apprentice, and Dooku decides that he is going to dance around with him in the comics while not teaching him his Form?

Okay then...

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 05:03 AM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Yeah... Him and Dooku moving together doesn't mean much.

So... Quinlan becomes Dooku's apprentice, and Dooku decides that he is going to dance around with him in the comics while not teaching him his Form?

Okay then...

You miss my point. Makashi takes an extremely long time to learn. Vos simply didn't have the time to learn it, since he had to relearn form 1 and also had to learn some of Juyo because he was able to use some of Vapaad.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 05:06 AM
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

You miss my point. Makashi takes an extremely long time to learn. Vos simply didn't have the time to learn it, since he had to relearn form 1 and also had to learn some of Juyo because he was able to use some of Vapaad.

I am sure he learned a lot of Makashi. It isn't impossible to learn. And I'm sure Dooku took the time to make his apprentice more skilled.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 06:45 AM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

He had only a few months to learn and you expect him to know three different forms, two of which are the hardest to learn? Not likely.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 07:15 AM
REXXXX
Networking

How would Quinlan know Vaapad? confused

And logic tells me that Dooku would teach Quinlan Makashi if he's going to train him. Qui-Gon I can understand using a different form; Dooku taught him the ropes, and Qui-Gon then developed from there. Dooku was actually mentoring Quinlan, showing him how to fight above his current level. What would he teach him, Niman? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 07:37 AM
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Captain REX
How would Quinlan know Vaapad? confused

And logic tells me that Dooku would teach Quinlan Makashi if he's going to train him. Qui-Gon I can understand using a different form; Dooku taught him the ropes, and Qui-Gon then developed from there. Dooku was actually mentoring Quinlan, showing him how to fight above his current level. What would he teach him, Niman? roll eyes (sarcastic)

These people need to hear it from a Mod because I know they wouldn't listen to me.

Quinlan knew a tiny bit of Vaapad. He trained with Mace in one of the comics. Very shortly though.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 09:26 AM