KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect Quicksilver

Respect Quicksilver
Started by: Hit and Run

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rage.Of.Olympus

A tad bit too specific to be written off as hyperbole. Especially since Slott has been using him as a Flash stand in Mighty Avengers.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Apr 27th, 2011 at 02:39 PM

Old Post Apr 27th, 2011 02:35 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

The editor of the comic himself confirmed that the wording was off, and the intent of the author wasn't for him to be faster than radio waves, but too fast for the other to contact him using those means.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Apr 27th, 2011 02:39 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
A bit too specific for hyperbole. I wouldn't right it off, especially since Slott has been using him as a Flash stand in Mighty Avengers.

I know but there is a tendency for writers to say stuff like that on panel and then 'real life' contradicts it. In the case of Quicksilver we have the Mister X incident he travelled from Eastern Europe to America in minutes and it was specifically stated to QS they were in trouble. Also he stated to Hercules that he travelled half way around the world in 92 seconds, the way QS said it he implied that it took alot of effort and it was a big deal.

Originally posted by PhilosophÃ_a
The editor of the comic himself confirmed that the wording was off, and the intent of the author wasn't for him to be faster than radio waves, but too fast for the other to contact him using those means.

Since its your job to prove that DC characters are superior to Marvel I would like to see some proof.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2011 02:41 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by Deadline
I know but there is a tendency for writers to say stuff like that on panel and then 'real life' contradicts it. In the case of Quicksilver we have the Mister X incident he travelled from Eastern Europe to America in minutes and it was specifically stated to QS they were in trouble. Also he stated to Hercules that he travelled half way around the world in 92 seconds, the way QS said it he implied that it took alot of effort and it was a big deal.

What do you mean? He said Quicksilver was running faster than radio waves. Are you saying that the radio waves were slower than in real life? I'm not going to assume that without some proof. Quicksilver got a huge off panel upgrade. I'm not going to place any limitations on his speed until I see them.

The Thunderbolts fight with Mister X? Eh, that doesn't in itself disprove him being able to go faster.

Now the second example would be more in line with what you're going for. Do you have a scan? Been a while.

Quicksilver needs another feat similar to that radio wave one and he'll be cemented as a light speedster.

Edit: Never mind, I found the Hercules scan on here:
http://img687.imageshack.us/f/assau...wolympus12.jpg/

Where is the implication that it took a lot of effort? He definitely made it seem like something worth noting, but the Flash has shit in the same vein like that. Hardly sets a limitation for the character.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Apr 27th, 2011 at 03:03 PM

Old Post Apr 27th, 2011 02:49 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Since its your job to prove that DC characters are superior to Marvel I would like to see some proof.
Since you asked so nicely, no.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Apr 27th, 2011 02:49 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by Philosophía

He edited Mighty Avengers? Really?

Is the same shit as you posted on herochat? IIRC, he said something stupid like Quicksilver didn't have to be running faster than radio waves to be out of radio contact. The comic outright said he was running faster than radio waves. No two ways about it.

He really has become a shitty editor. F*cked up with Thanos: The End.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2011 02:53 PM
Deadline

Originally posted by Philosophía
Since you asked so nicely, no.

Well you tend to be so polite to other posters, so y'know...

He edited Mighty Avengers? Really?

Is the same shit as you posted on herochat? IIRC, he said something stupid like Quicksilver didn't have to be running faster than radio waves to be out of radio contact. The comic outright said he was running faster than radio waves. No two ways about it.

Uh if he said that, that implies it wasn't literially faster than radiowaves.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2011 02:57 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Uh if he said that, that implies it wasn't literially faster than radiowaves.

No, what it implies is that Breevort needs to re-read the scene.

The way he phrases it suggests that he thinks Quicksilver moving faster than radio waves is solely based on the team failing to contact him by radio. However it was outright said that he was moving faster than radio waves.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2011 03:02 PM
Deadline

No, what it implies is that Breevort needs to re-read the scene.

The way he phrases it suggests that he thinks Quicksilver moving faster than radio waves is solely based on the team failing to contact him by radio. What actually happened in the comic was that it outright said that he was moving faster than radio waves.

Whatever, got the actual quote?

What do you mean? He said Quicksilver was running faster than radio waves. Are you saying that the radio waves were slower than in real life? I'm not going to assume that without some proof. Quicksilver got a huge off panel upgrade. I'm not going to place any limitations on his speed until I see them.

The Thunderbolts fight with Mister X? Eh, that doesn't in itself disprove him being able to go faster.

Now the second example would be more in line with what you're going for. Do you have a scan? Been a while.

Quicksilver needs another feat similar to that radio wave one and he'll be cemented as a light speedster.

Edit: Never mind, I found the Hercules scan on here:
http://img687.imageshack.us/f/assau...wolympus12.jpg/

Where is the implication that it took a lot of effort? He made it seem like it was something worth noting but that's it.

Oh for gods sake, he doesn't have any other speed feats comparable so it needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. Not arguing he was exhanusted or it was his top speed but it did take effort worth noting otherwise he wouldn't have mentioned it. The point is it contradicts the idea that he can run FTL. Is that alright?

Last edited by Deadline on Apr 27th, 2011 at 03:06 PM

Old Post Apr 27th, 2011 03:03 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Whatever, got the actual quote?

Get it from Philo. He posted it originally. Probably asked him the question in the first place.

Oh for gods sake, he doesn't have any other speed feats comparable so it needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. Not arguing he was exhanusted or it was his top speed but it did take effort worth noting otherwise he wouldn't have mentioned it. Is that alright?

I get that it should be criticized but like I said, he got a big upgrade off panel. If nothing else, it's a high end feat. One more, and his definitely light speed.

I can accept it took some effort but unfortunately it doesn't in itself disprove the radio wave feat like I thought it did. Might as well take Flash down a peg.

Wasn't that scene written by Pak? Worst case scenario, Slott writes him faster than other writers.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2011 03:09 PM
Deadline

Get it from Philo. He posted it originally. Probably asked him the question in the first place.

I did but I didn't ask him nicely enough.

I get that it should be criticized but like I said, he got a big upgrade off panel. If nothing else, it's a high end feat. One more, and his definitely light speed.

Ok.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2011 03:11 PM
ankur29
ankur

just out of curiosity, do you want QS to be faster than Light so you can use that scuffle he had with thor , where thor states he defeated fleeter foes?

QS only has one ftl feat ,i don't think he can go that fast imho, he may be FTL in future but in that thor fight he wasn't stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 27th, 2011 03:15 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

I did but I didn't ask him nicely enough.

Shame. Maybe if you put out he'll post it.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2011 03:16 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by ankur29
just out of curiosity, do you want QS to be faster than Light so you can use that scuffle he had with thor , where thor states he defeated fleeter foes?

QS only has one ftl feat ,i don't think he can go that fast imho, he may be FTL in future but in that thor fight he wasn't stick out tongue

Not everything I do revolves around Thor. I was arguing in favor of the radio wave feat before the scuffle with Thor.

If you say so. Either way, Thor still comes off looking good so that's a side perk.

Edit: Now that I think about it, the radio wave feat might have come after the fight with Thor. Not sure. Whatever, it was like a year ago.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Apr 27th, 2011 at 03:30 PM

Old Post Apr 27th, 2011 03:24 PM
ankur29
ankur

Not everything I do revolves around Thor. I was arguing in favor of the radio wave feat before the scuffle with Thor.

If you say so. Either way, Thor still comes off looking good so that's a side perk.

haha, ok cool

Old Post Apr 27th, 2011 03:26 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Found the quote from herochat.

http://herochat.com/forum/index.php...html#msg3649758

Quicksilver has been has been said to be travelling faster than radiowaves in the newest issue of Mighty Avengers. That's faster than light. Any insane increase in power I've missed?

I think you're interpreting that line in a very odd and inaccurate way. Quicksilver needn't be moving faster than radio waves for somebody not to be able to contact him by radio.

1. Didn't Slott write that scene? If so what Breevort said don't mean anything.

2. Why is Breevort talking about radio contact? I can't see anything there that suggests they were trying to contact him by radio. He seems to be making assumptions.

3. Did Slott write the fight between X and Quicksilver? Edit: no he didn't.

Seems to me you could assume that Quick could have FTL speed under Slott. That other feat were he travels from India to Tibet suggests that (Mighty Avengers written by Slott I assume), eventhough I don't think Slott did any math I'm pretty sure his intention was that it was a Flash level feat.

Last edited by Deadline on Apr 29th, 2011 at 03:40 PM

Old Post Apr 29th, 2011 03:37 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

That's the one. Told you his comment was stupid.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2011 03:40 PM
Deadline

I added some more comments.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2011 03:41 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I'll never understand why Quicksilver is so underused.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2011 11:02 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rezaujp

I'm New

And I really love quicksilver, more than flash
I don't know if you guys still active on this forum or not, but I just wanna share wit you guys about QS in this forum
, i know and we know it flash more fast than a Quicksilver, but ,i don't know i just get more interested with a Quicksilver than flash

did you guys know ,Quicksilver now will be in Avengers 2 and X-Men DOFP movie
and he's now in All new X-factor and I really love that comics!!
can't wait to see him in 2 different movie haha

Old Post May 18th, 2014 08:51 AM
rezaujp is currently offline Click here to Send rezaujp a Private Message Find more posts by rezaujp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote