KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » DE Sidious versus Marka Ragnos

DE Sidious versus Marka Ragnos
Started by: Dark Aristokrat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lightsnake
I'll check the dates.
Point out a single artifact Palpatine had on his person when he made that Force Storm. He's wearing an open black robe in that scene btw.

Are we back to that amulets shouldn't be allowed crap again?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:03 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Is anyone ever gonna get an accurate timing of how long it took to conjure this huge force storm, and why it matters anyways since star ships don't have force protection?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:04 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

Yes, as a matter of fact we are. Of course, if we can go with that, we give Palpatine every last artifact from Korriban, Ragnos's own guiding, amongst everyone else entombed on Korriban, the Sith holocron's power he absorbed...maybe the entire Imperial fleet while we're at it..

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:05 AM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Or you could prove where Sidious had those things before you bust a nut just thinking about it.

Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

And it took him moments to conjure the thing. We see him seething in anger one panel and then an entire fleet being devoured the next.

Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calvs
Kommunist

And it took him moments to conjure the thing. We see him seething in anger one panel and then an entire fleet being devoured the next.

but does it actually say how long, cause it could theoretically be years.

Some men die under the mountain just looking for gold
Some die looking for a hand to hold

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:09 AM
Click here to Send calvs a Private Message Find more posts by calvs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Years would be a bit much. I'd just like to see some specifics on the technique. Maybe a scan, if anyone had the means.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:09 AM
Lightsnake

If you give me a bit, I could probably get one

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:10 AM
calvs
Kommunist

Originally posted by Dark Aristokrat
Years would be a bit much. I'd just like to see some specifics on the technique. Maybe a scan, if anyone had the means.

I know but it could take several hours, seeing as such a feat takes uber concentration and power.

Some men die under the mountain just looking for gold
Some die looking for a hand to hold

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:13 AM
Click here to Send calvs a Private Message Find more posts by calvs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

I'm sure the Skywalker children were pulling out the cards, watching the darkside energy seeth around him...

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:14 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

If you give me a bit, I could probably get one

This works.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:18 AM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Yes, as a matter of fact we are. Of course, if we can go with that, we give Palpatine every last artifact from Korriban, Ragnos's own guiding, amongst everyone else entombed on Korriban, the Sith holocron's power he absorbed...maybe the entire Imperial fleet while we're at it..

That doesn't help Sidious. Ragnos didn't guide him anymore then he could guide himself. Korriban was heavily plundered at this point, little remained for him to get. Those holocrons were made by people who served Ragnos and were therefor weaker then him. The Imperial Fleet is in no way part of Sidious control over the force. BTW, Ragnos' Empire could cause the Imperials a lot of damage using terroist tactics.

On the Force Storm thing, even if he did it just as fast as Sadow destroyed the star( a few seconds) he is still FAR weaker, as the energy of the force storm would be far less then the energy required for the star destroying feat, as I have proved time and time again.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:18 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

1. PRoof Korriban was heavily plundered....I really doubt Ragnos took kindly to people defiling his tomb. And who says Ragnos never made up a holocron? And Ragnos's empire would maybe last a week against the Imperial Empire. One blast of the Sun Crusher and that is all she wrote. If that fails, we have the galaxy gun, world devastator...And according to the DS sourcebook, Palpatine had artifacts and powers and guidance from the golden age.

2. You mean how Sadow used a superweapon on his ship? You can't really argue, I can provide numerous quotes, give sources and numbers:
1. NEC
2. The Sith War.
3. Fall of the Sith Empire.

Sadow used a superweapon on a ship. Palpatine used only the force

shall I bring out quotes next? (Page numbers on the latter two don't work as they don't HAVE page numbers, but I digress)

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:23 AM
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

quote:
1. PRoof Korriban was heavily plundered....

Oh, well let's see, after it no longer was being replenished by the Sith Empire, we have notables like Kun and Revan going in and looting the place. It's been plundered.

If you want to argue that Sidious had more artifacts, and used them better than the ancient Sith, you'll have to prove it.

quote:
I really doubt Ragnos took kindly to people defiling his tomb. And who says Ragnos never made up a holocron? And Ragnos's empire would maybe last a week against the Imperial Empire. One blast of the Sun Crusher and that is all she wrote. If that fails, we have the galaxy gun, world devastator...And according to the DS sourcebook, Palpatine had artifacts and powers and guidance from the golden age.

The Imperials would win, but the Ancient Sith Empire won't go down to a single blast.

Plus, It's Ragnos vs. Palpatine. Yes, Palpatine had artifacts and powers and guidance from the golden age, from people like Ragnos! So how does he beat Ragnos in the flesh when he uses those same powers, artifacts, and guidance that Palpatine holds in reverence?

quote:
2. You mean how Sadow used a superweapon on his ship? You can't really argue, I can provide numerous quotes, give sources and numbers:
1. NEC
2. The Sith War.

And can you establish where's Sadow's power is without the superweapon? No? Aww that's too bad.

Don't forget that Palpatine had Sadow's amulet, suddenly that doesn't count I guess.

quote:
shall I bring out quotes next? (Page numbers on the latter two don't work as they don't HAVE page numbers, but I digress)

No, you should bring out the logic in why someone who plunders the ancients loot millenia after they made and receives their guidance is somehow going to beat these same people.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:34 AM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

1. PRoof Korriban was heavily plundered....I really doubt Ragnos took kindly to people defiling his tomb. And who says Ragnos never made up a holocron?

WTF? Korriban was heavily plundered in KOTOR, by Freedan Nadd, by Exar Kun, and doubtless others.

And you need to PROVE that there is such a holocron, not expect other people to disprove YOUR assertion.

And Ragnos's empire would maybe last a week against the Imperial Empire. One blast of the Sun Crusher and that is all she wrote. If that fails, we have the galaxy gun, world devastator

This is venturing into another, already done thread.

...And according to the DS sourcebook, Palpatine had artifacts and powers and guidance from the golden age.

So he had ALL artifacts of power and relevance from this age, and all knowledge and guidance and powers and everything from this golden age of Sith and he had time to master it all better than the people who made it?

Are you reading that stuff before you click Send?

This would be like saying an archaeologist found some Egyptian tablets and items, communed with Egyptian spirits, and can pwn their greatest warrior. BULLSHIT.

1. NEC
2. The Sith War.

You seem to ignore the fact that Sadow obviously MADE the ship, and he was fully aware of its capabilities as he used it. Sadow's knowledge of the Force is easily better than Palpatine's, and saying otherwise is ridiculous.

Start first with stuff that relates, then worry about quotes.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:34 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

lol.. Pincer!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:35 AM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

1. PRoof Korriban was heavily plundered....I really doubt Ragnos took kindly to people defiling his tomb. And who says Ragnos never made up a holocron? And Ragnos's empire would maybe last a week against the Imperial Empire. One blast of the Sun Crusher and that is all she wrote. If that fails, we have the galaxy gun, world devastator...And according to the DS sourcebook, Palpatine had artifacts and powers and guidance from the golden age.

You missed my point. None of those affect force powers.

It was ransacked in KOTOR.

1. NEC
2. The Sith War.

Shaky quotes, as I have seen you lying mutiple times.

Sadow's force powers were affected by the ship. Sidious' powers were not affected by any of the Imperial technology, meaning those don't count.

1. You lied out of the NEC. I personally saw it.
2 and 3. I don't believe you since only you say such and you are a liar.

No one wants your BS quotes, scan pictures.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:37 AM
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

Triple pincer!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:40 AM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

ONe more and it moves into cluster ****

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:41 AM
Lightsnake

Originally posted by Dark Aristokrat
1. PRoof Korriban was heavily plundered....I really doubt Ragnos took kindly to people defiling his tomb. And who says Ragnos never made up a holocron?

WTF? Korriban was heavily plundered in KOTOR, by Freedan Nadd, by Exar Kun, and doubtless others.

And you need to PROVE that there is such a holocron, not expect other people to disprove YOUR assertion.

And Ragnos's empire would maybe last a week against the Imperial Empire. One blast of the Sun Crusher and that is all she wrote. If that fails, we have the galaxy gun, world devastator

This is venturing into another, already done thread.

...And according to the DS sourcebook, Palpatine had artifacts and powers and guidance from the golden age.

So he had ALL artifacts of power and relevance from this age, and all knowledge and guidance and powers and everything from this golden age of Sith and he had time to master it all better than the people who made it?

Are you reading that stuff before you click Send?

This would be like saying an archaeologist found some Egyptian tablets and items, communed with Egyptian spirits, and can pwn their greatest warrior. BULLSHIT.

1. NEC
2. The Sith War.

You seem to ignore the fact that Sadow obviously MADE the ship, and he was fully aware of its capabilities as he used it. Sadow's knowledge of the Force is easily better than Palpatine's, and saying otherwise is ridiculous.

Start first with stuff that relates, then worry about quotes.

1. When did Nadd go to Korriban? My memory's sketchy here. Kun went there, that's true...however, Kun's main revenue of knowledge came from Yavin

2. I'll use the databank to help here: No one is quite sure how Palpatine was first introduced to the power of the dark side, or how he came to be Darth Plagueis' apprentice. He is the most powerful practitioner of the Sith ways in modern times. He studied the ancient ruins on the Sith mausoleum world of Korriban. He unlocked secrets of the Force from a captured Jedi Holocron. The dark side energies flowing through Palpatine's body were so intense, that they ravaged his mortal frame. The very source of Palpatine's strength was killing him.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/ch...alpatine/?id=eu

First paragraph, the rest is there.

3. Well, for years of studying WITH the Ancients, having their artifacts, as well as whatever the New Sith of Bane's gang had, as well as using feats the Ancient Sith have not....

4. If someone found egyptian scrolls, studied them religiously, learned all they could from them, learned at the feet of the finest pharaohs and warriors...

5. .....have you ever read Golden Age of the Sith, Janus? Sadow hardly ever expresses a view on anything minus "The Sith are absolute, we will conquer all." In between Dark Side sermons. The idea that the Sith were willing to follow someone so obviously murderous and ambitious, when one of their chief reasons for a war was avenging Simus...

6. Where was it even hinted Sadow created the ship himself? Could Bevel Lemelisk, say, have knowledge of how to destroy a planet as he helped design the Death Star?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:51 AM