KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » CAn anyone recommend any good fantasies/drama's??

CAn anyone recommend any good fantasies/drama's??
Started by: Laviera_j

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Laviera_j
Kadehadaire_Mage_:)

CAn anyone recommend any good fantasies/drama's??

I am dying to read another book, I always have 2 or 3 going at one time, but now I don't! Can anyone recommend??

Work that magic!
Work that magic!

All at the KMC tig! BOPrecruit16,Raven Guardia, charmaine,Exa, Tela,Nabokonir, cheekymunkey,airangel,tassie,ADSkinner,airangel429
,Eez! Everybody!

Old Post Jan 19th, 2006 02:30 PM
Laviera_j is currently offline Click here to Send Laviera_j a Private Message Find more posts by Laviera_j Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

i havnr read many books, so the only one i can reccomeend is:
stephen kings' the stand' the uncut version

fantastic book

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Jan 19th, 2006 06:40 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

Dragonlance books, Harry potter books, The chronicles of Narnia, Baker's boy trilogy, Eragon, and Eldest. My list goes on .. lol

Old Post Jan 19th, 2006 08:02 PM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laviera_j

Lol, sounds great, thanks! i AM trying to read Margaret Atwood's Cats Eye - so far, brilliant! Deals with time, very cool.

Work that magic!
Work that magic!

All at the KMC tig! BOPrecruit16,Raven Guardia, charmaine,Exa, Tela,Nabokonir, cheekymunkey,airangel,tassie,ADSkinner,airangel429
,Eez! Everybody!

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 09:54 AM
Laviera_j is currently offline Click here to Send Laviera_j a Private Message Find more posts by Laviera_j Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

A good fantasy is the Amulet of Samarkand, followed by it's prequel, the Golem's Eye. The final book is Ptomely's Gate. These books are not only enthralling, but halarious and will keep you awake all night because you cannot put them down (seriously, once i stayed up till 4:00 A.M reading them)

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 01:45 PM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Try the Forgotten Realms series. They're easy to read and you catch up with the storylines pretty fast. I was reading them but I stop to read the Warhammer Novels.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2006 02:45 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pope Mobile GXX

I suggest, Dan Browns books (Da Vinci code, digital fortress) their ok, Everworld (14 book series made by the creator of animorfs, I hate animorfes it sucks), Eragon, Artemis Fowl,

Though this author writes Sci-Fi you'll lovew his books. You have to read some books from Michael Crichton, he is famous for the books he's writen, and many have been made into movies (Sphere, Jurrasic Park, Congo, etc.). He is very tecknical in his writings and is very thourogh, if your an intense reader go for it, but if not don't, sometimes he gets so in depth with the reasearch he's hard to understand (Not in a bad way). I suggest you read Prey, but NEVER NEVER READ Airframe it is a terrible book and go's so in depth with the research on airplane fuctions you will scream (plus it seems pretty mad up.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2006 04:22 AM
Pope Mobile GXX is currently offline Find more posts by Pope Mobile GXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azure
Your socks taste good...

DELTORA QUEST!!!!! DRAGONLANCE!!! thise ar very good books!! if you are a young reader,(which i doubt, because you seem like you are in highschool) Deltora Quest is very good. If you are more mature, you should read Dragonlance! they are both awusome

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 10:50 PM
Azure is currently offline Click here to Send Azure a Private Message Find more posts by Azure Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azure
Your socks taste good...

the deltora quest books have 15 main books, and then there are side art books, they are by Emily Rodda. beware, the dragonlance books have over 60 books and still making more, but still good.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 11:02 PM
Azure is currently offline Click here to Send Azure a Private Message Find more posts by Azure Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curtmister

eragon eldest narnia keys to the kingdom DELTORA QUEST

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 10:45 AM
curtmister is currently offline Click here to Send curtmister a Private Message Find more posts by curtmister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MistressofSnape
Slytherin's Bookaholic

The Chanters Of Tremaris, The Dragonlance Chronicles, The Dragonlace Legends, The Keys To the Kingdom, Harry Potter, The Old Kingdom, and The Claidi Journals

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 06:14 PM
MistressofSnape is currently offline Click here to Send MistressofSnape a Private Message Find more posts by MistressofSnape Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pandemoniac
Disco Infernal

Terry Goodkind's 'The Sword of Truth' series entertained me greatly, a very captivating and detailed story. It does get extremely violent at times, but if you don't mind that, give it a go.
For another suggestion; I just finished part 2 of Stephen King's 'The Dark Tower' and that has me hooked big time. Can't wait to read what will happen next.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 08:21 PM
Pandemoniac is currently offline Click here to Send Pandemoniac a Private Message Find more posts by Pandemoniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord-of-Dreams
pimpin member

Terry Pratchett's Discworld is great. Its a whole series, around 30 titles, al hilarious. Also, the Edge Chronicles are pretty cool, and if you also like talking animals, go for the Welkin Weasels series, by Gary Kilworth. Artemis Fowl for younger readers... Harry Potter, I guess is allright...

Old Post Feb 7th, 2006 11:56 PM
Lord-of-Dreams is currently offline Click here to Send Lord-of-Dreams a Private Message Find more posts by Lord-of-Dreams Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

i'm currently reading the magus by John Fowles...that is one really bizzare mystery/fantasy book about a master of deception...

i would also recommend high-rise or the crystal world by JG Ballard

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 8th, 2006 12:23 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BartmanX
I'm a wanna be Balla.

Here's a list:

Artemis Fowl series
Deltora series
The Edge Chronicles series
Inkheart and Inkspell

Thanks Piggle_Humsy for the sig!

Old Post Feb 20th, 2006 02:49 AM
BartmanX is currently offline Click here to Send BartmanX a Private Message Find more posts by BartmanX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azure
Your socks taste good...

your list is very good

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 03:11 AM
MistressofSnape
Slytherin's Bookaholic

Found two series to suggested: The Belgeriad series and The Malloreon series by David Eddings. It's a bit of an epic fantasy series. Read them one after another. Each consists of 5 books.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2006 12:02 AM
MistressofSnape is currently offline Click here to Send MistressofSnape a Private Message Find more posts by MistressofSnape Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curtmister

keys to the kingdom by garth nix delotra quest eragon eldest

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2006 05:57 PM
curtmister is currently offline Click here to Send curtmister a Private Message Find more posts by curtmister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laviera_j

Yeah, Garth Nix is good, I read the Abhorsen Trilogy which rocked.

Work that magic!
Work that magic!

,Eez! Everybody!

Old Post Mar 29th, 2006 04:08 PM
Laviera_j

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Pope Mobile GXX
I suggest, Dan Browns books (Da Vinci code, digital fortress) their ok, Everworld (14 book series made by the creator of animorfs, I hate animorfes it sucks), Eragon, Artemis Fowl,

Though this author writes Sci-Fi you'll lovew his books. You have to read some books from Michael Crichton, he is famous for the books he's writen, and many have been made into movies (Sphere, Jurrasic Park, Congo, etc.). He is very tecknical in his writings and is very thourogh, if your an intense reader go for it, but if not don't, sometimes he gets so in depth with the reasearch he's hard to understand (Not in a bad way). I suggest you read Prey, but NEVER NEVER READ Airframe it is a terrible book and go's so in depth with the research on airplane fuctions you will scream (plus it seems pretty mad up.

Thanks! I'm reading Angels and Demons by Dan Brown

Work that magic!
Work that magic!

,Eez! Everybody!

Old Post Mar 29th, 2006 04:09 PM