KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » The best Rock/Heavy metal Band

Who is the best?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Hammerfall 1 5.00%
Rammstein 2 10.00%
Pantera 3 15.00%
ZZ top 1 5.00%
Iron maiden 3 15.00%
Metallica 5 25.00%
Stratovarius 0 0%
Korn 1 5.00%
AC/DC 3 15.00%
Megadeth 1 5.00%
Total: 20 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The best Rock/Heavy metal Band
Started by: swedish_bum

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wicker_man
V.2

Iron Maiden - Have so much respect for them particularly on the basis they've never changed their values in their 26 year history. Plus they have the talent to match their reputation.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Feb 5th, 2006 08:07 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

They don't have the talent to match their reputation, if we're adhering to the adage that they're Britain's greatest band ever that they so wrongly get tagged with.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Feb 5th, 2006 08:35 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
They don't have the talent to match their reputation, if we're adhering to the adage that they're Britain's greatest band ever that they so wrongly get tagged with.

-AC

But that never came up...did it! Already been back what under half an hour and I can already see you haven't changed. Music is about opinion. There is no right or wrong answers when it comes to beliefs and preferences onto ideals like: who’s the greatest band. If I put McFly here you'd have to accept that.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Feb 5th, 2006 08:42 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wouldn't have to accept it, no. They don't belong there because they're not a rock/heavy metal band. Strike one.

Secondly, talent isn't subjective. They aren't as able (in terms of ability) as they are revered for their music.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2006 08:43 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

I wouldn't have to accept it, no. They don't belong there because they're not a rock/heavy metal band. Strike one.

Secondly, talent isn't subjective. They aren't as able (in terms of ability) as they are revered for their music.

-AC

Once again your sheer arrogance is clouding your beliefs. Different people will see different abilities in different ways in different artists.

And if we're going to be 'petty' and deter who should be on that list and who shouldn't well i personally think AC/DC and KoRn should be struck of because they ain't really heavy in comparison to Deicide & Morbid Angel.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Feb 5th, 2006 08:48 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by wicker_man
Once again your sheer arrogance is clouding your beliefs. Different people will see different abilities in different ways in different artists.

And if we're going to be 'petty' and deter who should be on that list and who shouldn't well i personally think AC/DC and KoRn should be struck of because they ain't really heavy in comparison to Deicide & Morbid Angel.

No, ability is factually provable. This has been debated to death against many others before you and the outcome has been the same.

Nicko isn't as great as people rate him, Bruce isn't the greatest technical singer ever etc. So therefore, technically, they don't have the talent to match their reputation or if they did they'd be the greatest at their respective jobs, technically.

They are not.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2006 09:01 PM
wicker_man
V.2

No, ability is factually provable. This has been debated to death against many others before you and the outcome has been the same.

Nicko isn't as great as people rate him, Bruce isn't the greatest technical singer ever etc. So therefore, technically, they don't have the talent to match their reputation or if they did they'd be the greatest at their respective jobs, technically.

They are not.

-AC

Well whatever crap you like to spout to make yourself feel big, I'd love you to disapprove that theory to Maidens hardcore fan-base - i hope your not attached to those limbs of yours. Download 2006 - see you there!

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Feb 5th, 2006 09:03 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well whatever crap you like to spout to make yourself feel big, I'd love you to disapprove that theory to Maidens hardcore fan-base - i hope your not attached to those limbs of yours. Download 2006 - see you there!

Thanks for proving my point. Maiden's hardcore fanbase would claim that Dickinson is a better vocalist, technically, than Jeff Buckley.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2006 09:21 PM
wicker_man
V.2

Thanks for proving my point. Maiden's hardcore fanbase would claim that Dickinson is a better vocalist, technically, than Jeff Buckley.

-AC

Yes one point I did prove, your a gutless little cretin who wouldn't have the guts to explain his so-called theories when faced with Iron Maiden fans to whom many have followed since album one and before. Oh and i don't buy into children's games like who's better...grow up!

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Feb 5th, 2006 09:25 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes one point I did prove, your a gutless little cretin who wouldn't have the guts to explain his so-called theories when faced with Iron Maiden fans to whom many have followed since album one and before. Oh and i don't buy into children's games like who's better...grow up!

You don't buy into being childish business but imply, with some sense of positivity, that I'm "gutless" for not wanting to discuss music with people who might reply violently, due to me proving that their idols aren't the most technically gifted musicians ever? You're right, I wouldn't. I don't mingle with idiots and no-brained morons. Go down the pub and have a fight with a big dude named Fred, that's closer to your mentality than mine.

Secondly, is Bruce technically a better vocalist than Jeff Buckley? Is Nicko McBrain technically a better drummer than Terry Bozzio?

No and no, hardcore Maiden fans can deny that all they want, but they would be factually incorrect. If they prefer Maiden's music, fine. To claim technical ability is better just because you prefer it is stupid. If they prefer Adrian to Hendrix does that mean Adrian is a better technical player? No.

Shut up then.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Last edited by Alpha Centauri on Feb 5th, 2006 at 09:42 PM

Old Post Feb 5th, 2006 09:39 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

-AC

Yes AC you have stated your opinion and others have disagreed, as ever the same result on this topic!

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Feb 5th, 2006 09:42 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not opinion though is it? Technique is factually provable.

Music made is subjective, musical technical ability is not.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2006 09:43 PM
wicker_man
V.2

You don't buy into being childish but imply, with some sense of positivity, that I'm "gutless" for not wanting to discuss music with people who might reply violently? You're right. I wouldn't, I don't mingle with idiots who aren't worthy of the life they've been given.

Is Bruce a technically better vocalist than Jeff Buckley? Is Nicko McBrain a technically better drummer than Terry Bozzio?

No and no, hardcore Maiden fans can deny that all they want, but they would be factually incorrect. If they prefer Maiden's music, fine. To claim technical ability is better just because you prefer it is stupid. If they prefer Adrian to Hendrix does that mean Adrian is a better technical player? No.

Shut up then.

-AC

I will not shut up. Maiden fans love them for their music and everything they stand for...you on the other hand like to compare everyone with everyone else...for that you are no more then an arrogant little child...probably living delusional fantasies behind their cyber screen.

Now you shut up, music fans 'real' music fans come across people like you all the time and each time dismiss them as 'party poopers' with no real validation but to p*** on peoples enjoyment.

BTW my suggestion wasn't a violent one, it was merely a test to see if you believed in that opinion you cradle so hard, you'd put it to a cause that would back it up...but obviously not.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Feb 5th, 2006 09:47 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not opinion though is it? Technique is factually provable.

Music made is subjective, musical technical ability is not.

-AC

Technical ability is more provable but a great flamingo guitarist, may not be a good classical player etc. So a great power rocker whose technique is excellent for that might not be good at a sensitive lead piece where tonal quality is needed and again vice versa. It is subjective to a point.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2006 09:47 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Technical ability is more provable but a great flamingo guitarist, may not be a good classical player etc. So a great power rocker whose technique is excellent for that might not be good at a sensitive lead piece where tonal quality is needed and again vice versa. It is subjective to a point.

Hahahaha.

'Flamingo'. I have to remember that one.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2006 09:51 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I will not shut up. Maiden fans love them for their music and everything they stand for...you on the other hand like to compare everyone with everyone else...for that you are no more then an arrogant little child...probably living delusional fantasies behind their cyber screen.

Yes, and what did I say? If you love them for their music, that's fine. Cool. YOU said they have the TALENT to back up their reputation, which they do not as I suggested.

Now you shut up, music fans 'real' music fans come across people like you all the time and each time dismiss them as 'party poopers' with no real validation but to p*** on peoples enjoyment.

I have the ability to stop your enjoyment? Wow, thanks. Although, if we (you) stop being a drama queen then you would quite clearly see that I said it's fine. If you think they produce the greatest music ever, I disagree, but that's fine. Nothing I can do about that. Music is subjective, ability isn't. Comprende? Good.

BTW my suggestion wasn't a violent one, it was merely a test to see if you believed in that opinion you cradle so hard, you'd put it to a cause that would back it up...but obviously not.

I do, I'm doing so now. Would I do so against a Maiden fan would would harm me just because he doesn't like what he's hearing? No and I await your explaination on why this is a bad thing.

If I tell a Maiden fan that Bruce isn't as good vocalist as Jeff, technically, and he denies it then starts beating me up. What's the point in that? I'm right, he's wrong, but he'd be getting upset because I disagree. You're the one who called ME a party pooper for downplaying people's enjoyment, only to back people who would more than likely fight someone for having a different opinion that overrides their own.

I was going to say your logic is flawed, but to have flawed logic is to have logic anyway.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2006 09:52 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Hahahaha.

'Flamingo'. I have to remember that one.

smile thank you

Old Post Feb 5th, 2006 09:52 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat

To add to VVD's post: Hahahahahaha.

Secondly, there you go. Technique is being proven right before your eyes, why deny it? It's possible to be technically better in certain areas than other technical wizards, it doesn't mean actual technique is deniable.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2006 09:53 PM
wicker_man
V.2

Yes, and what did I say? If you love them for their music, that's fine. Cool. YOU said they have the TALENT to back up their reputation, which they do not as I suggested.

I have the ability to stop your enjoyment? Wow, thanks. Although, if we (you) stop being a drama queen then you would quite clearly see that I said it's fine. If you think they produce the greatest music ever, I disagree, but that's fine. Nothing I can do about that. Music is subjective, ability isn't. Comprende? Good.

I do, I'm doing so now. Would I do so against a Maiden fan would would harm me just because he doesn't like what he's hearing? No and I await your explaination on why this is a bad thing.

If I tell a Maiden fan that Bruce isn't as good vocalist as Jeff, technically, and he denies it then starts beating me up. What's the point in that? I'm right, he's wrong, but he'd be getting upset because I disagree. You're the one who called ME a party pooper for downplaying people's enjoyment, only to back people who would more than likely fight someone for having a different opinion that overrides their own.

I was going to say your logic is flawed, but to have flawed logic is to have logic anyway.

-AC

You need to get laid...really badly, then maybe you'd take a look on life that doesn't reek of an arrogant know-it-all despised by all.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Feb 5th, 2006 09:56 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hahahaha, too funny. You tried though, congrats.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2006 09:58 PM