KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Boba Fett Vs Luke(ROTJ)

Boba Fett Vs Luke(ROTJ)
Started by: Commander K

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wesker
... We can just reimagine the movies and imagine our favorite characters as being better because the OT is old, the technology was inferior, the choreography was inferior, and GL was unambitious and lazy...

You didn't say PT, sorry, but you kind of alluded to the fact that the OT movies would be... more fast-paced and better choreographed if they were made today. What I'm saying is that that doesn't matter because in the movie they had an actual encounter where it would be hard to deny that Luke had a definite leg up on Boba. If the movies were made with modern technology, then both characters would seem better, and Luke would still have that same leg up on Boba, only there would be a lot more shooting and flips, basically eyecandy.

If that didn't make sense to you then just ask me about any specifics and I'll try to elaborate more clearly.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 12:32 AM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I was simply poking fun at assumptions being made in Luke's favor regarding the "inferiority" of the OT, but the same are not made for Boba Fett, Han Solo, or anyone else.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 12:37 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Thats fun and all, Janus, but I'm trying to debate here and your talking about movie graphics which has no relevance here, seeing as how they are from the same series. Now go about trying to explain to me how Boba could beat the person who had him beat while fighting quite a few elite (yes, I know, sounds a bit too elegant for a bunch of sand-dwelling rough skins with a keen eye and a heavy blaster) mercs at the same time.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 12:47 AM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Well, excuse me for interfering with your "debating".

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 12:49 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Your excused, I suppose, sorry if it seemed like I lashed out, but I'm saying facts from the movie and your saying stuff like..

Yeah, Boba can shoot Luke in the face while he tries to force choke.

and

... the OT is old, the technology was inferior, the choreography was inferior, and GL was unambitious and lazy. Thus, by his reasoning, I can assume that Boba would be fast enough to shoot Luke in the face.

...when it has either no relevance or evidence.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 12:56 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Well, it's very rarely that I'm that capricious. I really don't want to debate the topic because I don't think either one has a clear shot.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 01:05 AM
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Well then, you should have said that earlier, before all your rambling about graphics and whatnot.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 01:13 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

No, not really. I can goof off now and then. I've earned it.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 01:14 AM
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Has that not been your excuse for the past few unproductive months when you made all those stupid threads, got banned, wouldn't stop calling people n00bs, and such? Oh well, if you think you've earned it, go ahead. I don't mind if you goof off, just don't try to debate all half-assed, lose, then say you've earned the right to goof off. I tried to keep it somewhat specific so it wouldn't limit you too much. Sound good?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 01:24 AM
MC Spartan
h4x0r

0WN3D

Attachment: checkersowned.jpg
This has been downloaded 35 time(s).

Thx mace u WTFpwn!

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 01:25 AM
Click here to Send MC Spartan a Private Message Find more posts by MC Spartan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Luke easily, he WTF pwnd Boba in the film, even though Luke was fighting other guards at the same time and Boba snuck up behind him. Luke simply swings around and cuts Boba's gun in half. Gunfire hits the skiff, distracting Luke. Again, Biba has the element of surprise. He wraps his wire around Luke. Luke cuts it off. Boba falls down onto the floor of the skiff. Then he gets back up, shoots at Luke and misses.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 01:48 AM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

I don't think he misses, that's when Han gets lucky and hits his jetpack, I may be wrong, but still, you get the point. After seeing that part of ROTJ, it's pretty clear Luke would win.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 01:54 AM
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Originally posted by jollyjim311
I don't think he misses, that's when Han gets lucky and hits his jetpack, I may be wrong, but still, you get the point. After seeing that part of ROTJ, it's pretty clear Luke would win.

I didn't think he missed either until someone pointed it out to me. After he gets up Luke is on the other skiff things fighting some thugs and he raises his arm and shoots at Luke from a small gun attacked to his wrist, misses, and aims for another shot... BAM! Jetpack goes off anf he flies into the Sail Barge, then hits the sand and rolls into the Sarlacc.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 01:58 AM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ermac_Master
Ninja

Originally posted by jollyjim311
Has that not been your excuse for the past few unproductive months when you made all those stupid threads, got banned, wouldn't stop calling people n00bs, and such? Oh well, if you think you've earned it, go ahead. I don't mind if you goof off, just don't try to debate all half-assed, lose, then say you've earned the right to goof off. I tried to keep it somewhat specific so it wouldn't limit you too much. Sound good?

Attachment: owned!.jpg
This has been downloaded 35 time(s).

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 01:59 AM
Click here to Send Ermac_Master a Private Message Find more posts by Ermac_Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

The bad thing about that picture is that there isn't even a soccer ball in sight. The only balls in that area are the ones attached to the guy being lifted up by them and writhing in pain.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 02:07 AM
Ermac_Master
Ninja

It's like he's is kicking as hard as he can too. laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 02:09 AM
Click here to Send Ermac_Master a Private Message Find more posts by Ermac_Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Yeah, really, I get the feeling that things like those don't happen accidentally.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 02:10 AM
Ermac_Master
Ninja

I know, right? I get the feeling the red team won that day.

Even if they got blown out. They win at heart.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 02:13 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Apparently this is now the queer thread. Well, at least you all hang out together. I've pwned you all many many times. It's about time a support group sprung up. You can all roleplay Luke Skywalker now and pretend to beat everyone in SW!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 04:16 AM
Ermac_Master
Ninja

When the hell have you 'pwned' me or Jim? Jim won that debate. No, but his word doesn't matter in the main scheme of things does it? You know why? Because he is a little teen that should go to bed right?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 04:25 AM