KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Who could beat Ragnos?

Who could beat Ragnos?
Started by: w00t2112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

I'd say Nadd is a bit underrated around here. He's done some very impressive feats as a "powerless" sith spirit.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 01:15 AM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think Nadd is a bit above Kun and below all of the Ancient Sith, but I have been wrong before.

Facts, the Anti Fanboy solution

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 01:17 AM
Click here to Send tdtd a Private Message Find more posts by tdtd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

I meant do you think Kun, Nadd, and DE Sidious could team up and take out Ragnos?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 01:27 AM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

DE Sidious is the weakest link here...
If powerful Ancient sith lords like Naga Sadow and Ludo Kressh, who had no equals after them, were afraid of Ragnos, what makes you think 2 or even 3 less powerful Sith lords would stand a chance?
When you are described as having "A terrifying grasp of the dark side", you are uber l337.. Or if you're Artoo..

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 01:33 AM
Click here to Send tdtd a Private Message Find more posts by tdtd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Well, true, but Sidious if far from weak. In fact, I thought he was on par with these two. The reason why Naga and Ludo didn't gang bang him was because there was no way they would share power. This is just a random bloodlust encounter. You don't think they can pull it off?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 01:38 AM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

DE Sidious is very powerful indeed and might be Kun's equal although that's a longshot, but those 3 wouldn't even be able to handle Ludo and Sadow, they have absolutely no chance against Ragnos.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 02:02 AM
IKC
Antediluvian

Oh please. Kun is a damn sight better than DE Sidious.

Not enough is known about Nadd to gauge his power while alive, but I'd put him at equal to or a notch below Kun.

And what, exactly, makes you believe that they can't beat Ludo and Sadow?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 02:14 AM
Click here to Send IKC a Private Message Find more posts by IKC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't think anybody that lived after Sadow and Kressh would be able to contain them. I hold the ancient sith in the "Golden Age" in the highest regards.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 02:15 AM
IKC
Antediluvian

Your opinion is not permissible as evidence. Prove up.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 02:16 AM
Click here to Send IKC a Private Message Find more posts by IKC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ok well then what makes you think those two are not more powerful than anyone after them? They were both 2nd in the Golden Age of the Sith at a time when the most powerful of the most powerful existed. Not to mention Kun only became uber powerful after he learned Sith Magic from the notes of Sadow, and took his amulet. The power he gained and the damage he wreaked speaks volumes about Sadow's power.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 02:18 AM
IKC
Antediluvian

quote:
Ok well then what makes you think those two are not more powerful than anyone after them?

You just asked me to prove a negative. Good debating...

quote:
They were both 2nd in the Golden Age of the Sith at a time when the most powerful of the most powerful existed.

Okay. Quantify their power in comparison to Ragnos', then.

What's that? You can't? This is circumstantial and means nothing?

So I guess that random mynock X must be able to take Exar Kun because he once flew by Ragnos.

quote:
Not to mention Kun only became uber powerful after he learned Sith Magic from the notes of Sadow, and took his amulet.

Actually we already knew he was the most formidible student that Vodo had ever had and that his becoming more powerful coincided with him embracing the Dark Side.

Oh, and it's also shown that he has created amulets just like the ancients did. Here's your proof:

(please log in to view the image)

That's the original amulet. Note that it's on his left hand.

(please log in to view the image)

Note that the original amulet Kun retrieves goes on his left hand, but in this scan he has a similar one on his right hand.

I circled the earring as pure speculation. He doesn't have it in Dark Lords of the Sith and I'm hesitant to believe he wears it for decoration.

quote:
The power he gained and the damage he wreaked speaks volumes about Sadow's power.

It doesn't speak shit about Sadow's power, it speaks about Kun's. It may speak about Sadow's knowledge but for the most part we cannot determine which of Kun's abilities were derived from the works of Sadow.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 02:25 AM
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ok so once again, I'm not trying debate with you I'm asking you to prove that Kun and/or Nadd were more powerful than Saddow and Kressh, there is no asking you to prove a "negative", therefore there is no debate, just a request for information and/or proof.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 02:32 AM
IKC
Antediluvian

No, I was contesting that you said that Kun and Nadd (for example) can't beat Ludo and Sadow. There is no evidence either way, they all seem to have similar capabilities.

Naga and Ludo actually suffer from a lack of evidence.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 02:36 AM
Deception
Ancient Dark Lord

Considering that Kun's amazing feats originated from Sadow, it can be speculated that Kun is on par or weaker than Sadow and vice versa, since both are prodigies in their own sense, and both have invented their own weaponry...

Sadow : Sun Crusher
Kun : Double Bladed Lightsaber

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 02:39 AM
Click here to Send Deception a Private Message Find more posts by Deception Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is true, but we have also seen Kressh's physical power at least and it is logical to assume him and Sadow were equals as they stalemated their duel. And if Kressh=Sadow then Kressh>Kun.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 02:41 AM
SS_181st_Snow
Flyer of the Wraith.

When did Kun invent the Sun Crusher? I thought Qui-Xux and the other scientists in the Maw invented it.

HEIL BARON VON RICHTHOFEN! HEIL THE LUFTWAFFE!

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 02:41 AM
Click here to Send SS_181st_Snow a Private Message Find more posts by SS_181st_Snow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IKC
Antediluvian

He didn't invent the Sun Crusher, and we do not know how much Kun learned from Sadow. Ergo, it is faulty to say that Sadow is automatically superior to him, especially since Kun learned many things from other sources (his Jedi training, for example).

Anyway, Sadow's ship had a weapon that could channel the Force to rip the cores from stars and cause them to go nova.

Exar Kun sacrificed this weapon, casually I might add, to get to the secrets of Ossus. This leads me to believe that he may understand how to create another weapon like it.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 02:43 AM
Deception
Ancient Dark Lord

Well as you have stated, A Sadow - Kun fight would be inconclusive...as we do not have enough evidence to support it

However, in a physical fight Kressh may have stalemated Sadow, but if they continued i do believe that Sadow will best Kressh...pure speculation

But i assume due to the fact that Sadow's knowledge did significantly increase Kun's power in the sense he had more knowledge, that Sadow is superior to kressh

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 02:49 AM
Click here to Send Deception a Private Message Find more posts by Deception Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

Then that would would mean Sadow is superior to Kun as I still believe Kressh is superior to Kun.. Purely opinion because we know very little about the ancient sith besides the fact that they are uber powerful.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 02:55 AM
IKC
Antediluvian

We do not know that Sadow's knowledge alone increased Kun's power, woot. And even if it did, how does that fact alone automatically make Sadow his superior? That's like claiming the guy that invented basketball is better at it than Michael Jordan.

Yes, my analogy doesn't exactly flow, but it is the same principle.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 02:57 AM