KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Signature Forum » Signature Duel Forum » Tournament Finals: Lana Vs. Kenobi

Tournament Finals: Lana Vs. Kenobi
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LanceWindu

*waits*

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 11:52 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Well, I guess I'll submit mine now.

1. KMC Limits Signature:

Ken - I loved the way the background and render meshed. Awesome! The halo of light around his palm looks great against it, and the whole thing is just great looking. The "text box" to the right was cool, but I thought something a bit more could have been done there. Ah, no complaints. The sig is awesome.

Lana - Once again: DAYMN! Awesome choice of render. I love how you used the misty, brighter bottom that slowly transformed into the darker, broodier top. The text is great, too, although "collector" got slightly iffy readability-wise. (I'm making up words left and right. stick out tongue) Cool quote, as well. Goes nicely with the render. thumb up

Verdict: Lana

After looking them over, I simply liked Lana's better. There's not much to point out as "bad" in either of these, so I can't really give specific reasons as to why. stick out tongue

2. Large Signature:

Ken - F%*&(*#* amazing. I love the entire "mystical" effect of the sig, a product of the blur and even the way the render is coming out of the signature. Awesome text, as well.

Great choice of render. thumb up

Lana - I feel your pain over the animation. It seems like it would be a stubborn b*tch to do, but the final effect is great. Leave it to me to imagine she's winking at me. stick out tongue

Cool text, once again, and great job blending the render and background. thumb up

Verdict: Ken

Again, not much to say in the way of specific reasons as to why, but I drooled over Ken's sig. It's almost... majestic. stick out tongue

3. Avatar:

Ken - Cool idea with the Megaman sprite, and I like the way the text looks to be "pasted" in a way on the background. One problem I have, though, is the sprite seems a bit too blurred and its color distorted. I can't tell if it's because you had to lower the quality of the avatar itself, or because the sprite was placed under a strong Color Balance adjustment layer. (if that makes any sense... stick out tongue)

Still, great idea. thumb up

Lana - Once again, I love the "mystic" feel to the avatar--the foggy white bottom corner to the darker top. The segmented effect was a nice touch; the only thing I could say to make it a tad more interesting would be some kind of text. Even if it's just your name in a bitmap font (I know, it's totally against your style.), it would have made for a slightly better ava, in my opinion.

Overall, I probably would simply choose Lana's avatar over Ken's if I had to make a decision to use one, even though both were frickin cool. thumb up

Overall winner: Lana!

With the KMC limits signature and the avatar under her belt, Lana gets my vote. for champion of the tournament.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 12:33 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I hate text on avatars stick out tongue

And now it's down to TOH to judge.....

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 12:42 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lana
I hate text on avatars stick out tongue

And now it's down to TOH to judge.....

Hence the "totally against your style" bit. stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 12:43 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

*Excited*

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 01:09 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLaw1224
Restricted

Account Restricted

the real loser here is TOH, whoever he votes against will be his enemy for life

-What you gunna do with all that junk inside your trunk?-

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 02:20 AM
TheLaw1224 is currently offline Click here to Send TheLaw1224 a Private Message Find more posts by TheLaw1224 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calvs
Kommunist

HAHAHA. Or until the next tournament.

Some men die under the mountain just looking for gold
Some die looking for a hand to hold

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 02:33 AM
calvs is currently offline Click here to Send calvs a Private Message Find more posts by calvs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TOH
Dude, where is my car?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheLaw1224
the real loser here is TOH, whoever he votes against will be his enemy for life

Nah, I don't have enemies!

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I've killed them all

Made by the awesome BakaXero

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 04:20 AM
TOH is currently offline Click here to Send TOH a Private Message Find more posts by TOH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TOH
Dude, where is my car?

Ok, I tried to skip the points already covered by the other judges. I have to say that isn't easy to judge so skilled and talented people. I had a hard time trying to find details to pick a winner.

1 . KMC Limits Signature:
Ken
Bonus for use of transparency and for the vertical style used in the text. Render is well blended with the background. However, looking at the render I would expect something more colorful. Maybe you did not feel that comfortable with the megaman theme.

Lana
Awesome work, I could spend sometime talking about the subtle pattern, the colors etc but I don't think it's necessary. Bonus for the quote and the font. Maybe the only negative point is the text (a bit hard to read) but nothing that could ruin the sig or even affect the overall impression.

2. Large Signature

Ken:
Really impressive, awesome work changing the render from cold colors to hot colors. The background is very competent (so is the text) . I can't see any negative point.

Lana
The idea was very, very creative. I've just tried to realize how painful it was. I don't know, maybe it's just me but it seems the blink movement is not 100 % perfect due to the lack of eyebrow movement . Anyway, this is not a critical factor. Nice background and text.

Verdict: Ken

3. Avatar.
Ken
I like the diagonal text but for some reason, the megaman is distorted (maybe a low quality picture?).

Lana
Although the avy is a cropped version of the signature, and the lack of text, It stills a slight better work in my opinion. (don't get me wrong, both are really good). Some extra points for the transparency

Lana is the winner of the tournament. Congratulations!

Made by the awesome BakaXero

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 04:29 AM
TOH is currently offline Click here to Send TOH a Private Message Find more posts by TOH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Congratulations Lana!

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 04:32 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

*minorly in shock*

I must say I wasn't quite expecting to win, once I saw Ken's final entries......damn!!! eek!

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 04:40 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Megaman was low quality because it was an 8bit sprite from the NES game, and I increased the size some to fit my needs.

Oh well.

Congrats Lana.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 06:17 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Congratulations Lana. thumb up

Great job, to both of you. big grin

I have to say, I felt honored to have been able to judge this duel. yes

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 03:38 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Wow, congrats guys!

And horray! The tourney's over....sorta.. *remembers the 3-4-5- match and runs away*

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 04:44 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote