KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Greivous VS Greivous

Greivous VS Greivous
Started by: docb77

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
docb77
Thinker

Greivous VS Greivous

I'm sure you've all noticed a few differences between the General Greivous we saw in the clone wars cartoon and the one we finally saw in the movie.

So... who's the ultimate Saber twirling, mechanized menace.

the cartoon one who uses his legs and hands interchangably or the movie one.

setting Geonosis arena all by their lonesomes. They both have as many lightsabers as they care to use.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 05:55 PM
Click here to Send docb77 a Private Message Find more posts by docb77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Uh..they are the same.

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 06:36 PM
Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Spartan
h4x0r

Wow, retardedness.

Thx mace u WTFpwn!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 07:36 PM
Click here to Send MC Spartan a Private Message Find more posts by MC Spartan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ermac_Master
Ninja

Clone Wars Grevious was 10 times better than RotS Grevious.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 08:03 PM
Click here to Send Ermac_Master a Private Message Find more posts by Ermac_Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

No, they are the same, the series just made Grievous overpoered everyone. It's the same thing as to say Mace Windu is much better during the middle of the Clone Wars then he is in ROTS.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 08:08 PM
Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ermac_Master
Ninja

You just said they made them better.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 08:14 PM
Click here to Send Ermac_Master a Private Message Find more posts by Ermac_Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Yes, but what logic is there that Mace grew weaker after/near the end of the Clone Wars? The cartoons are silly, you think Mace could kill an army of droids unarmed and jump several kilomiters when he with 200 other jedi in the movies could not defeat the droids in the arena.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 08:20 PM
Fishy

Indeed the CW has overpowered characters if you would scale down there power then GG would be the same.

however GG did get cut up by Mace once, then apparently again at the end of the CW cartoons, although in LOE they also fight and GG receives none of this injuries, so the second fight is debatable on what really happened.

However it is possible that after GG got cut up the first time some things were permanently damaged or not repaired adequately and that he is slight weaker then at the start of the CW.. Keep in mind this is based on absolutely nothing.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 08:25 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ermac_Master
Ninja

I know the CW were overpowered and silly. But the question isn't to power them down. It is, "Who would win? CW Grevious or RotS Grevious?" CW Grevious is better. He wins.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 08:32 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Yes, but that would not explain Mace loss of power. (Or HUGE boost of power)

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 08:32 PM
Ermac_Master
Ninja

It matter. Just because Mace is CW isn't what he was in RotS, doesn't mean shit. CW isn't reliable because of everyone being so poerful. In this case, Greivous in CW is more powerful than Greivous in RotS. CW Greivous wins. End of story.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 08:37 PM
Fishy

Ah but if you don't power him down he goes against what is shown in the movies and is therefor none canon, he loses because he doesn't exist in that powerful state.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 08:39 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ermac_Master
Ninja

Okay. He doesn't exist. Fine.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 08:44 PM
NK-Syndrome
Nonexistant

Grievous was crippled in Clone Wars. But I wouldn't trust Clone Wars, because it was a poor demonstration of what really happened in between AotC and RotS. It does seem he's very much injured in RotS, so I'd have to go with the CW Grievous.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 09:08 PM
Click here to Send NK-Syndrome a Private Message Find more posts by NK-Syndrome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

CW greivous woukld win. or rather he would win if we wwere using the GG that fought Adi and those other Jedi. he got weakened severely by mce.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 09:10 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

This thread is dumb, because CW Grievous would own, since he's so overpowered in the cartoon. However, I think even if he hadn't been overpowered he'd have won, because he was injured in ROTS, due to Mace crushing his chest. Now, I know everyone says that's not why grievous coughs, it's cause GL wanted the audience to know that he wasn't all droid, but someone in the ROTS AC said it was because of Mace crushing his chest and in the Clone Wars Volume 2 dvd it says that Lucas called the makers of that show and told them to make a reason for Grievous's cough. So yes, GL did put it in there to show the audience that he wasn't all robot, but he created the reason for the cough threw the Cartoon.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 10:02 PM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Yet that contradicts LoE, in which nothing like that happens to Grievous.

And please tell us who in the commentary stated that "Mace crushed Grievous's chest."

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 11:19 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ermac_Master
Ninja

In CW he does.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 11:25 PM
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

quote:
Yet that contradicts LoE, in which nothing like that happens to Grievous.

So Lucas calling the makers of the Clone Wars Animated Series and specifically telling them to make a reason for Grievous's cough is overrules by LOE. I don't think so.

quote:

And please tell us who in the commentary stated that "Mace crushed Grievous's chest."

I can't tell you off the top of my head, I'll have to get back to you. But if anyone knows do tell.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 11:46 PM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dude they show Mace crush his chest... everyone in my family even the anti-starwras junkies know that...

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2006 12:04 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote