KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Kid sticks wad of gum on $1.5 million painting

Kid sticks wad of gum on $1.5 million painting
Started by: KharmaDog

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
silver_tears

Agreed, forcing kids to go to art museums is not smart, specially if they're not gonna be supervised properly.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 10:33 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

That all depends VVD, was he emo?

BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Of course he knew that what he was doing was wrong, probably sincerely didn't know that the painting was worth so much. Probably just thought it was a funny prank and did something stupid kids at that age do to make his classmates laugh.

Why do you think he thought it was a funny prank? If that is indeed what he thought.

Because it's a valuable painting and you don't stick gum on them. Hence why he probably thought it would be gutbustingly hilarious to do so.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Because, like I said, lots of kids that age are stupid and think defacing property is cool/rebelious/funny.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 10:34 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bastards then aren't they?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 10:36 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Indeed. I hate preteens/teens.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 10:36 PM
silver_tears

Hey I'm still 18 stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 10:37 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Yeah, but you're hot so it's okay.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 10:38 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're also female, BackFire's Get-Out clause.

Edit: Hahaha, BackFire is never predictable.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

meep-meep
What are you angry about?

Of course he knew that what he was doing was wrong, probably sincerely didn't know that the painting was worth so much. Probably just thought it was a funny prank and did something stupid kids at that age do to make his classmates laugh.

Moral of the story, don't force 12 year olds to go look at art that they almost definately think is boring, and even more definately don't understand/care about. They're too young to be going to an art museum.

Yeah. It might be more constructive for them to go to a discovery world or something along those lines.

meep-meep is currently offline Click here to Send meep-meep a Private Message Find more posts by meep-meep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
You're also female, BackFire's Get-Out clause.

Edit: Hahaha, BackFire is never predictable.

-AC

Sometimes, the right answer is the obvious one, my friend.

Words of wisdom, from the fat man full of Taco Bell in his boxers on his computer at 2:40pm

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 10:40 PM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I think when the gum was peeled off, it should of been mashed into the kid's hair.

I have a cousin who's 12 years old and she probably would of done the same thing knowing exactly what she was doing.

Originally posted by Grand Moff Gav
All you people talk about respect. Why should children be expected to respect something which they know nothing about? Why not just try and lower teenage pregnances and abuse before complaining about a painting. Or have we reached a stage were art is more important than our kids?

Although the monetary value and the time the person put into the painting makes it worse, it breaks down to disrespecting others. It's disrespectful to the probably dead painter and to the museum. At the very least he should of known it wasn't his painting to put gum on. I don't know anything about women or brain surgery but I don't go putting gum on them.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 10:40 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sometimes, the right answer is the obvious one, my friend.

Words of wisdom, from the fat man full of Taco Bell in his boxers on his computer at 2:40pm

Sometimes you just shouldn't use words.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 10:41 PM
meep-meep

Re: Re: Re: Kid sticks wad of gum on $1.5 million painting

Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
laughing

I still think it's pretty disrespectful, because it is someone else's property. If someone, a kid or not, were to stick their filthy gum on my art I'd beat them with a stick.

eek!
Yes I suppose you're right. I'd be pissed too. But If it's so darned important couldn't the museum just encase the painting in glass or platic?

meep-meep is currently offline Click here to Send meep-meep a Private Message Find more posts by meep-meep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

They shouldn't have to do that, Meep.

Kids shouldn't be going in there putting gum on.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

BackFire

Sometimes you just shouldn't use words.

-AC

Next time I'll use pictures. Deal?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 10:42 PM
silver_tears

Deal!

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 10:45 PM
BackFire

Originally posted by silver_tears
Deal!

Pervert!

Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I knew you'd say that, actually wanted to edit my post so that you couldn't say that.

Originally posted by silver_tears
Deal!

NO Irene! What have you done?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

meep-meep

They shouldn't have to do that, Meep.

Kids shouldn't be going in there putting gum on.

-AC

True. I mean kids should at least be sensible enough, but I think some kids just don't know what sensible means.
Anyway, I'm sure the kids parents grounded him for the rest of his days under their roof, or beat the piss outta him. Well, I know my parent probably would have.
While I really could care less the kid did it, I admit that it's wrong.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 10:46 PM