KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Spiderman vs Batman

Spiderman vs Batman
Started by: TheKahn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
..:Sn0w:..

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RUNMAN
I agree that SpiderMan is better than BatMan and that SpiderMan's enemies or arch-enemies are stronger, more powerful and more intelligent than those of BatMan's.

Okay, but what you think about Spider-Man and Batman?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 11:43 PM
..:Sn0w:.. is currently offline Click here to Send ..:Sn0w:.. a Private Message Find more posts by ..:Sn0w:.. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by batdude123
I don't know exactly how well Spider-man would do against Batman's rouge gallery anyway. Batman's rouge gallery usually goes by brains and have really devious plans of taking over the city. Take Joker for example, the guy is insane but he's a freaking genious who's as smart, if not smarter than Batman. That's saying a lot. Anyway, the reason Joker's plans usually don't work, is because Batman can make himself think and reason like Joker; a madman. Spider-man could never think on the level that Joker does. He has no knowledge of Joker or how he thinks. Joker's plans would simply outsmart Spidey by a lot. I doubt Spider-man would do as well against Batman's gallery because Spider-man doesn't think like he does and he usually goes by brawn. While I realize that Spider-man is very smart, he's not as smart as Batman. Anyway, because of Batman's deviously smart gallery, I don't know if he'd do a better job than the Dark Knight himself. Well, that's just my two cents.

^^^

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 11:48 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Originally posted by badabing
Killer Croc, Bane and Clay Face have powers. I think this fight is closer than people think. Coming from a Marvel fan. Do not under estimate Bats.

And theirs also Poisn Ivy whos now on par with swamp thing powers wise and Ra's.....the man who never dies.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 11:56 PM
..:Sn0w:.. is currently offline Click here to Send ..:Sn0w:.. a Private Message Find more posts by ..:Sn0w:.. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrHeavySilence

Originally posted by samishe
Now i'm sure you haven't ever read Spidey comix.

Where the hell you got from that all Spidey's villians have weaknesses.
He ussualy outthinks his enemies eathier.

True, but usually after the second or third try.

Tell me how Bats psychology will help him to beat Scorpion or Ock?

Both of these guys have giant losing streaks.

But sometimes there are cases when the only chance to win is to use brute strength.

But sometimes there are cases where psychology wins.

Thats batman's biggest disadvantage. He can find himself in situation in which he doesn't have prep time, in which he'll have no chance but to fight and his gadgets are not always gonna save him. So he'll be simply killed.

Doubt it, he might not be successful in the first fight, but a flash bang, run off and do some research, then come back and administer a beatdown. There's no way anybody is going to take him out so easy, he's just too smart for that.

Marcus - The Kingpin (Kingpin with prep is Batman times 1000)

confused no

Frothbyte - lots of batman fans i see....

Yeah, kinda surprised me.

Marcus4600 -

Carnage
- Sonics

Green Goblin - Nah, the Ultimate version couldn't beat Captain America, so I think Bruce stands a pretty good chance. Plus he's got gadgets as well. Little bit of adhesive spray here and there, rig the glider, etc. I'm not saying that's how it will go down, but Bruce isn't going to flat-out die.

Electro - Lots of water.

The Kingpin - Batman/Dare Devil are pretty close; both of which could take him. Straight up, Kingpin would also get knocked down a knotch in the economic battle as well.

Kaine - Kaine is a clone, there's tons of psychological baggage on him. Bats would outsmart him.

Black Tarantula - This guy rules! #434-436 from Amaing Spidey are some of the ones that really got me back into Spidey comics. I don't think Peter has ever beaten him. I actually think Batman is more qualified than Spidey to hold this guy down because Bruce can be pretty tricky; he often convinces/persuades people with logic and reasoning. For example: his encounters with Darkseid, Captain Atom, or Joker. Bruce could keep him from misbehaving too much.

Morlun - You'd need prep to beat this guy. Radiation poisoning. Like the chemicals and stuff in Batman's suit. Or maybe trap him in a Batman-style cell and watch him weaken. Or lead him to a lab.

Namor - He's not really a Spidey villain. But, Batman could probably outsmart him (with prep) and use fear gas like Ra did on Aquaman in Towerl Of Babel. The fear gas made Aquaman dehydrate because he became afraid of water.

Venom - Sonics, like how Punisher holds it down.

Scorpion - Not the brightest.

Silver Sable - To be honest, I've only seen her a few times but I don't know her that well.

Scream - I'm not sure who this is either, sorry. Haven't seen her name come up lately. (Okay, I just checked her on wikipedia and I've seen her before, but never in decent showings so I don't know her that well)

Sandman - Liquid Nitrogen Capsules/Fermionic Gas/Freeze Bomb in the Bat Wing

Hydro-Man - I've seen him get taken down from electrified sprinklers once from Spiderman, so I assume electricity would be the way to defeat him. Bats keeps a 200,000 volt tazor with him, plus the suit defense mechanisms.

As you can see, it is CONCEIVABLE that Batman can easily beat these villains given enough time to adjust. You guys make it seem like Bats is immediately going to die. Well, not likely!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, Gotham seems like a lot tougher to handle than a small portion of New York where Spidey resides. Batman pretty much runs his own city. Spidey would have to do like 10x as much work. And from the Detective perspective, what will happen when the Riddler sends Spidey some riddles? If Riddler had a thermonuclear bomb, and he said, "You have 10 minutes to figure out this riddle and where I'm hiding or Gotham gets nuked." Spiderman would be constantly frustrated by arriving too late and coming up short each time. Innocent people would die because Batman wasn't there. Meanwhile, Spidey's neighborhood is much more "direct." The villains are usually pretty straightforward: "meet me at midnight, if you want to save Mary Jane be here, rob a convenience store and shout." Gotham City is a lot more complex.

That being said! Spiderman would be a lot more successful than Superman in handling Gotham City. I say this because very few of Batman's villains even have a chance of beating this guy, so Peter would be constantly putting the web-crawling can of whoop ass on these clowns. The only problem with Gotham is that he's going to find out that most of Batman's villains fight in some very exterior ways. They'd employ lots of psychological attacks on Peter, and he's probably not going to have a successful impact.

Last edited by MrHeavySilence on Apr 29th, 2006 at 12:09 AM

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 11:56 PM
MrHeavySilence is currently offline Click here to Send MrHeavySilence a Private Message Find more posts by MrHeavySilence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

I don't know exactly how well Spider-man would do against Batman's rouge gallery anyway. Batman's rouge gallery usually goes by brains and have really devious plans of taking over the city. Take Joker for example, the guy is insane but he's a freaking genious who's as smart, if not smarter than Batman. That's saying a lot. Anyway, the reason Joker's plans usually don't work, is because Batman can make himself think and reason like Joker; a madman. Spider-man could never think on the level that Joker does. He has no knowledge of Joker or how he thinks. Joker's plans would simply outsmart Spidey by a lot. I doubt Spider-man would do as well against Batman's gallery because Spider-man doesn't think like he does and he usually goes by brawn. While I realize that Spider-man is very smart, he's not as smart as Batman. Anyway, because of Batman's deviously smart gallery, I don't know if he'd do a better job than the Dark Knight himself. Well, that's just my two cents.

I'm sorry, but I have to dissagree with most of what you said. Spider-Man's villians consist of a lot of brillant minds. Doc Oc and Green Goblin comes to mind. The Joker? I understand he's great but in terms of planning I place him on par with Silvermane and Kingpin. Now those guys are strategical genuises. Don't say Spider-Man can't think like a madman. You should check out Maximum Carnage, during which he thinks like Carnage to not only locate him but beat him. And Carnage is one insane mo' fo'. Spider-Man's not as smart as Batman? No, he's not but he's no slouch either. Besides comparatively he's still young and knows alot for his age. By no means should you think that Batman makes him look stupid. You mentioned Batman's deviously smart gallery. Most of them aren't. They just happen to know the ins and outs of organized crime. Does that make them geniuses? I doubt it. And with the exception of Joker, and more recently Hush who really screws around with Dark Knights mind like Venom and Osborn used to. You greatly underestimate Spider-Man

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 12:13 AM
marvelprince is currently offline Click here to Send marvelprince a Private Message Find more posts by marvelprince Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

You know what, why is there even a discussion on who's villians are better. Both typically face different kinds of enemies anyway. They're villians are typically similar to the hero. Batman will generally face the 'human' villian who just through their brains would become one of the most dangerous person around (Joker, Black Mask, Hush, Penguin) while Spider-Man typically faces villians with powersets typically similar to his or at least animal related (Doctor Octupus, Rhino, Venom, Vulture). In the end their galleries are different and both heroes use differnent methods to counteract their foes. If someone wants to discuss villians someone start a thread for it.

Now as too Batman vs Spider-Man. Batman w/ no prep doesn't stand a chance against SPider-Man.

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 12:19 AM
marvelprince is currently offline Click here to Send marvelprince a Private Message Find more posts by marvelprince Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by marvelprince
I'm sorry, but I have to dissagree with most of what you said. Spider-Man's villians consist of a lot of brillant minds. Doc Oc and Green Goblin comes to mind. The Joker? I understand he's great but in terms of planning I place him on par with Silvermane and Kingpin. Now those guys are strategical genuises. Don't say Spider-Man can't think like a madman. You should check out Maximum Carnage, during which he thinks like Carnage to not only locate him but beat him. And Carnage is one insane mo' fo'. Spider-Man's not as smart as Batman? No, he's not but he's no slouch either. Besides comparatively he's still young and knows alot for his age. By no means should you think that Batman makes him look stupid. You mentioned Batman's deviously smart gallery. Most of them aren't. They just happen to know the ins and outs of organized crime. Does that make them geniuses? I doubt it. And with the exception of Joker, and more recently Hush who really screws around with Dark Knights mind like Venom and Osborn used to. You greatly underestimate Spider-Man

I'm not underestimating Spider-man for one second. I even mentioned that Spider-man is smart. Anyways, I'd rather have Batman defend Gotham because he actually knows how Joker and other villans that he deals with on a consitant basis think. Spider-man wouldn't really know what to expect. I'm in noway saying that Batman would do better in New York than Spider-man. I just simply think that Spider-man as well, wouldn't do as good a job as Batman in Gotham. wink With that said, if I lived in Gotham, I know I'd sure want to have Batman protect me rather than Spider-man. He's got experience on the city that Spider-man can't touch.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 12:19 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

You know what, why is there even a discussion on who's villians are better. Both typically face different kinds of enemies anyway. They're villians are typically similar to the hero. Batman will generally face the 'human' villian who just through their brains would become one of the most dangerous person around (Joker, Black Mask, Hush, Penguin) while Spider-Man typically faces villians with powersets typically similar to his or at least animal related (Doctor Octupus, Rhino, Venom, Vulture). In the end their galleries are different and both heroes use differnent methods to counteract their foes. If someone wants to discuss villians someone start a thread for it.

Now as too Batman vs Spider-Man. Batman w/ no prep doesn't stand a chance against SPider-Man.

Yes, but don't count out some of Batman's other powerful foes either. Clayface, Poison Ivy, Killer Croc, etc... But all in all, I agree that Spidey has the more powerful foes.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 12:22 AM
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

I'm not underestimating Spider-man for one second. I even mentioned that Spider-man is smart. Anyways, I'd rather have Batman defend Gotham because he actually knows how Joker and other villans that he deals with on a consitant basis think. Spider-man wouldn't really know what to expect. I'm in noway saying that Batman would do better in New York than Spider-man. I just simply think that Spider-man as well, wouldn't do as good a job as Batman in Gotham. wink With that said, if I lived in Gotham, I know I'd sure want to have Batman protect me rather than Spider-man. He's got experience on the city that Spider-man can't touch.

I guess thats a matter of opinion then cause I know I would prefer to not only have a guy who I know is genuis, but someone who I also know has powers to back up themselves up.

This is not factoring experience of course

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 12:23 AM
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

Yes, but don't count out some of Batman's other powerful foes either. Clayface, Poison Ivy, Killer Croc, etc... But all in all, I agree that Spidey has the more powerful foes.

I remembered them but I didn't count them cause they usually are easily exploited since they have obviously weakens with Batman esily exploits. Ivy and weed-killer Clayface and water/ice and Croc with sonics

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 12:26 AM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

I guess thats a matter of opinion then cause I know I would prefer to not only have a guy who I know is genuis, but someone who I also know has powers to back up themselves up.

This is not factoring experience of course

Yep, I guess it's just a matter of opinion. wink

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 12:28 AM

Doc Oc and Green Goblin comes to mind. The Joker? I understand he's great but in terms of planning I place him on par with Silvermane and Kingpin.

WTF?

You're carzy...

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 12:30 AM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by Kool-Aid
WTF?

You're carzy...

Agreed. That quote is rather... disturbing.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 12:31 AM

I remembered them but I didn't count them cause they usually are easily exploited since they have obviously weakens with Batman esily exploits. Ivy and weed-killer Clayface and water/ice and Croc with sonics

Venom sonics, Morlun radiation, Electro water ect..

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 12:32 AM
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

WTF?

You're carzy...

Yea, I haven't seen much from that Joker that suggests he's a master planner. Only repeated evidence that he's insane. And if you feel Kingpin isn't a master planner then you should consider picking up some Daredevil back issues

Sig by The Pittman

Last edited by marvelprince on Apr 29th, 2006 at 12:42 AM

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 12:37 AM
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

Venom sonics, Morlun radiation, Electro water ect..

Which was why I didn't include them either.

Cept for Venom, an i'll take that one back then

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 12:40 AM

Yea, I've seen nothing from that Joker that suggests he's a master planner. Only repeated evidence that he's insane. And if you feel Kingpin isn't a master planner then you should consider picking up some Daredevil back issues

http://agent0x7.tripod.com/joker1.html

I do read DD comics, you were the one putting Kingpin on a low pedestal

Which was why I didn't include them either.

Cept for Venom, an i'll take that one back then

The only one on your list that Batman or one of his villians could possibly not beat is Venom.

Aunt May could beat Rhino...I think she has.laughing

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 12:48 AM
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

http://agent0x7.tripod.com/joker1.html

I do read DD comics, you were the one putting Kingpin on a low pedestal

I put Kingpin on a low pedestal? Do that mean that you agree that Kingpin is a master planner? I thought the disagreement was that you thought i downplaying Joker.

[i]Originally posted by Kool-Aid
The only one on your list that Batman or one of his villians could possibly not beat is Venom.

First off, thats a matter of opinion, one I don't share. Secondly, that wasn't the point. I wasn't comparing Spidey and Bat villians in terms of strength. I was comparing the villians to their respective heroes to show the similarities

[i]Originally posted by Kool-Aid
Aunt May could beat Rhino...I think she has.laughing

Of course. I hear Aunt May is ruthless with a frying pan

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 01:23 AM