KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Destroyer Armor vs. Doomsday

Destroyer Armor vs. Doomsday
Started by: GODSCRIBE

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Doomsday wins. Why? Because writers are idiots who are incapable of understanding the damn difference between evolved defenses to particular types of attacks and virtual indestructibility/immortality. mad

One them Doomsday actually has, the other is the result of piss-poor writing.

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 03:59 PM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheKahn
Doomsday wins. Why? Because writers are idiots who are incapable of understanding the damn difference between evolved defenses to particular types of attacks and virtual indestructibility/immortality. mad

One them Doomsday actually has, the other is the result of piss-poor writing.

Guess which kiddies ?

Get the answer right and you wont have to have thekhan beat you to death with a baguette.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 04:03 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider

why does doomsday win cause doomsday beat a guy who could own king thor and king thor beat the destroyer.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 09:20 PM
Mider is currently offline Click here to Send Mider a Private Message Find more posts by Mider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Madvillain

Originally posted by Mider
why does doomsday win cause doomsday beat a guy who could own king thor and king thor beat the destroyer.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 09:25 PM
Madvillain is currently offline Click here to Send Madvillain a Private Message Find more posts by Madvillain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Mider whats stronger bone or Adamantium?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 09:27 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pepito

Mider, what's thicker: you or adamantium?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 09:30 PM
Pepito is currently offline Click here to Send Pepito a Private Message Find more posts by Pepito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcus4600
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mider

Mider = (please log in to view the image)

If he only had a brain.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 09:30 PM
Marcus4600 is currently offline Click here to Send Marcus4600 a Private Message Find more posts by Marcus4600 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider

what part of king thor killed the destroyer dont you get through your heads

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 09:31 PM
Mider is currently offline Click here to Send Mider a Private Message Find more posts by Mider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pepito

What part of disintegration beam don't you get?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 09:33 PM
Pepito is currently offline Click here to Send Pepito a Private Message Find more posts by Pepito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Madvillain

lol......

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 09:45 PM
Madvillain is currently offline Click here to Send Madvillain a Private Message Find more posts by Madvillain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Winter Soldier
Who cares...

Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Mider whats stronger bone or Adamantium?

I doubt wolverine's claws could cut DD, supes, ww, or any of DC's top tier guys..i.e. their fesh and bone would in fact be harder than adamantium...just my opinion.

Destroyer wins if DD sits still long enough for him to use the disintergrator beam. I HATE the whole speedblitz argument with a passion, but DD normally moves too fast for an attack like that. Remember, the Destroyer has to build energy to use the disintergrator beam.

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species that I realized you aren't actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with its surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply, and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. And the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we...are the cure.

Last edited by Winter Soldier on Mar 22nd, 2006 at 09:51 PM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 09:47 PM
Winter Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Winter Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Winter Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Madvillain

Originally posted by Crease
Destroyer wins if DD sits still long enough for him to use the disintergrator beam. I HATE the whole speedblitz argument with a passion, but DD normally moves too fast for an attack like that. Remember, the Destroyer has to build energy to use the disintergrator beam.

the Destroyer does move at around escape velocity. its not that slow.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 09:51 PM
Stoic
Avenger

First of all who said that Doomsday could beat the Odinforce? Did you know that Thor can attain giant height, and increase the level of his strength proportionately giving him the size, and power to just step on Doomsday, the same way that the Antimonitor stepped on Superman? What about Thors magic, he could imprison Doomsday in an eldritch enery field, or open up a dimensional doorway to part unknown, and Marvel has some pretty wretched places that he can be sent to (Asteroths stomping ground to name one) I know all about the Gog dudes and all of that good stuff, and where they used power to try and defeat Doomsday none of them used mysticism to just banish his bony ass. Doomsday is just physical, The Detrroyer is too, he's just made of stronger stuff, and has more abilities.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 09:52 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Winter Soldier
Who cares...

Correct...the Destroyer is quite fast. But it was previously stated in the thread that he needs to lower his visor and build up to fire the beam. I've also never seen him depicted in comics firing it quickly.

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species that I realized you aren't actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with its surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply, and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. And the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we...are the cure.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 09:54 PM
Winter Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Winter Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Winter Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcus4600
Restricted

Account Restricted

He can widen the beam though. Also, he's made to track beings that can move quickly. I don't think he'd have a problem with tagging Doomsday.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 09:57 PM
Marcus4600 is currently offline Click here to Send Marcus4600 a Private Message Find more posts by Marcus4600 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

And the Doomsday I know doesn't run he'd just sit there duking it out until the stronger of the two dropped, and my money's on the Destroyer dropping Doomsday, as he is made of stronger materials than DD, once this happens the visor drops, and it's a wrap.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 10:02 PM
Pepito

Correct...the Destroyer is quite fast. But it was previously stated in the thread that he needs to lower his visor and build up to fire the beam. I've also never seen him depicted in comics firing it quickly.

Destroyer's beam can destroy systems, he can move at multiples of lightspeed and Doomsday can't fly. All Destroyer has to do is fly upwards and destroy the world they fight on along with everything on it entirely through disinitegration

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 10:02 PM
Marcus4600
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's not really much of a fight. More like a barbeque.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 10:05 PM
Mider

if the disintigrator beam is so great why didnt he just use it on king thor before getting his butt kicked oh brilliant people

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 10:12 PM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Speedblitz wouldn't work on the Destroyer. Doomsday isn't strong enough to even dent the damn thing. And given the fact that it was built to combat cosmic beings, I don't think DD's speed will be more than it could handle.

"The Destroyer is composed of an unknown metal of Asgardian origin and was enchanted by Odin so that its metal was harder even then adamantium or uru and was therefore almost totally indestructible. "

And it has more abilites than the disintegrator beam:

"The Destroyer can project bolts of energy of many different kinds, including an unknown form of energy that could shatter any known substance, including uru, the Asgardian metal from which Thor's hammer was made. The Destroyer can project magnetic energy and flames which can reach solar levels of heat. The Destroyer can transmute and rearrange atoms and molecules so as to change one form of matter into another. It can alter the density of matter and convert solid matter to liquid or vice versa"

http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi...d/destroyer.htm

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 10:16 PM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote